Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi Extender Solution? Recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wifi can be dodgy and spending money on more expensive supposedly long range routers may not fix the problem depending on what's in the way.

If I was you I'd try running a lan cable up to a window that's looking out over the shed and use a cheaper wifi access point to send the signal out. That may be enough and you can try it by borrowing a spare router.

I have had to use wifi through walls over a great distance and an expensive buffalo access point did no better at the job than the router I got off digiweb. Wifi is very iffy at best and unless your willing to spend hundreds on equipment your not going to get any great distance on the range in my experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I could run a cable all the way out to the shed if I need to from the router, but how would I put the required connectors on each end of the cable?

any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Rj45 plugs and a crimper.

I agree with what was said above, a far overlooked point is that wireless is two way radio communication. Boosting the routers signal tends to worsen the problem by drowning out the laptop/desktop's card.

Advertisement