Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been in Candyland yet?

• 30-05-2011 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

Facebook page says they were opening saturday, they sound good, anyone go in and see what it's like? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Candyland you say? Any details on that?

edit:looked it up on FB, nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just been in there. Bring money is all I would say because your going to want one of everything. There's going to be some happy dentists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Where is candyland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

'tis on Lower Abbeygate Street - near Kembali, Couch Potatas, CP, Public Romance or whatever it's called, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wonder how this will effect business of that other place beside Kelly's Bar/Living Room?

In this Candyland place, do you have access to the shelves, or do you have to ask a person behind a counter what you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Apparently they have Vanilla Coke there, i'll be giving it a visit soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

All I can see is a willy wonka-esque shop in my head :D

They have twizzlers allegedly, well not after today when i go buy them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

zero19 wrote: »
    They have twizzlers allegedly, well not after today when i go buy them all.

I got Twizzlers in the one on Mill Street/Cross Street. They had Hershey Kisses and Tootsie Rolls too if they are your sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Was in there yesterday, have a good range of stuff, mostly American stuff you never get here.
    Not sure I'd try any of the chocolate though, American chocolate generally isn't as nice as the European stuff.
    And I didn't see any Vanilla Coke, though they still seemed to be stocking the place, so hopefully they'll have it in soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭LowOdour

is their stuff expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

LowOdour wrote: »
    is their stuff expensive?

A little more expensive than the regular stuff you'd get, probably because they have to import it.
    Seemed about €1-€1.50 for the equivalent of stuff that might be 80 or 90c here.

Theres Vanilla coke in the fridge as you walk in the door. Other different cans of stuff there aswell but didn't look to see what they were. Stuff like Jolly ranchers for a €1 are a bargain, havn't had them since I was a kid. Apparently there is a suggestion book in there for anyone wanting to get something ordered in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Stuff like Jolly ranchers for a €1
    :eek: Runs down to candyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

They have Peanut Butter M&Ms :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Sea Devils wrote: »
    They have Peanut Butter M&Ms :)

:eek:

you've just made my homecoming a lot sweeter with that little nugget of information :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Must check it out. Fair play nice to see folk braving it in current times althogh know the rent is expensive on that place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Went in there on their opening day. I no longer have to buy my American candy online!

They have A&W Root Beer and Pretzel M&M's too! And Marshmallow Fluff! :D

I was in there today, jammed with school kids so business may be good right now, great selection of stuff i haven't seen elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Please tell me they have Pop Tarts?

Might have to pop in tomorrow for a look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

moonflower wrote: »
    Please tell me they have Pop Tarts?

Might have to pop in tomorrow for a look

Tesco have pop tarts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tesco have pop tarts
    every half decent supermarket has Pop Tarts!!!!!!!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Have to say their facebook page is brilliant. They seem to be getting in a lot of stuff that people are suggesting, like lucky charms.
    Cant wait to check it out asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Tesco have pop tarts
    every half decent supermarket has Pop Tarts!!!!!!!!! :confused:

The supermarkets only have Strawberry Pop Tarts, which I dislike. They used to all have Chocolate and Choco-mallow Pop Tarts but I haven't seen either of them in a few years now.

I'm looking for Blueberry, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar and all the other flavours you can't usually get here.

Asmodean wrote: »
    like lucky charms.
    What? I'll be over for a few boxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

myself and the girlfriend had the sweet tooth on us today, so we thought we would go down there and treat ourselves, get a dvd and just have a lazy day. have to say was very disappointed, didnt look like anything we couldnt of got at the local shop, nothing really stood out and ended up buying nothing :-( went is far as the shopping centre and went to the pick an mix and made savages of ourselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

:eek: Runs down to candyland.

The internet has ruined Jolly Ranchers for me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

found the prices for the likes of Snickers Almond and Reeses Peanut Butter bar ridiculous at €1.50, layout is a bit annoying too, way too narrow, totally cramped when you are trying to look at anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

didnt look like anything we couldnt of got at the local shop, nothing really stood out

Jolly Ranchers, Oh Henry!, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Twizzlers, Pretzel and Peanut Butter M&Ms, Idaho Spud, Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers, Marshmallow Fluff, 5th Avenue, Butterfinger, A&W Root Beer, Vanilla Coke, chocolate-covered pretzels...

All stuff you can't get here and that's only from my retinas recall :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

lol guesiing u work there. majority of stuff was normal stuff. pic and mix was just a poor selection, no jellies. they had bon bon's stinger bars, black jack bars, wine gums, didnt see anything there that was worth going in there for.

Advertisement