Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been in Candyland yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

shelly1988 wrote: »
    The shop has a wide variety of stock 95% of which you cannot get in this country never mind your local shop. It also has a pick and mix which is a lot cheaper than in the shopping centre with more variety....hello THEY HAVE PEANUT BUTTER M AND MS AND MARSHMALLOW FLUFF and vanilla coke, so in exactly which local shop can you get these??
    You can/could get Peanut Butter M&M's in Euro 2 on Eglinton St a couple of months ago. Only €2 for a large bag, what do ye charge fpr small bags again???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

It's mad that two places in such a niche market open up within a few months of each other, same with fish pedicures in town.

wonder if there'll be enough business to sustain them all

what's the verdict on which shop is better?
    must have a nosey tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Went in and bought a rake of stuff there today. I really hope it does well because thats what I love about Galway. A lot of people here are willing to take a punt on new ideas so its always mental to see what kind of shops will open up next. Sure its a bit expensive but thats understandable given the cost of shipping all that stuff in. Its not like im gonna go in there everyday but its nice to know its around if I'm ever in the mood for anything different.
    I say that a lot of people who don't know any different will wander in presuming its just a bogstandard corner sweetshop and come out all befuddled not knowing what the hell they were looking at in there.
    what's the verdict on which shop is better?

As in the fish pedicure shop and candyland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Vanilla Coke in Galway?!?! I'm so there tomorrow!

I'll be the guy walking out with 10 cans, it's for my friends.

>__>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

lol guesiing u work there. majority of stuff was normal stuff. pic and mix was just a poor selection, no jellies. they had bon bon's stinger bars, black jack bars, wine gums, didnt see anything there that was worth going in there for.

You must be in the wrong place i thought the selection was great, lots of stuff you can't get easily from what i saw. I went home with a bunch of different types of skittles, twizzlers, nerds (god i missed those!) and jolly ranchers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

TBH you're completely missing the point if you go in there and only get pic n mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shelly1988

haha no i dont work there ( i wish ) ive been in there A LOT i loooooooooove peanut butter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

What are twizzlers, I'm taking it they're nice? Also vanilla coke, is that the stuff that was out years ago, was that not rank? or was that the lemon coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Got some when i was in Florida last month, was expecting an explosion of strawberry but just got the taste of plastic instead :(
    The strawberry liquorice you can buy here is much nicer.

Twizzlers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Got some when i was in Florida last month, was expecting an explosion of strawberry but just got the taste of plastic instead :(
    The strawberry liquorice you can buy here is much nicer.

Twizzlers.jpg

Got them today....tasted like nail varnish with the texture of rubber!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Has anyone tried the milkshakes? Said they were only €2 on the facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

xtradel wrote: »

yeah was excited to try them when i moved to the states, awful yokes, dunno why anyone would like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

xtradel wrote: »

My mother loves them, I think they are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Went there yesterday, it's awesome. Staff seem really sound as well.
    They gave me a free sample of their raspberry bonbons. Crafty schemers. They were so delicious I bought more.

The first hit is always free. :(

Also reccomend peanut M+Ms, pretzel M+Ms, Nerdz, jawbreakers and poprocks.
    nomnomnom

Everyone was really friendly, the older man in the suit seemed especially nice giving a lollipop out to my sister :)

Place was jammers though. I bought a ton (10) cans of Vanilla Coke and the guy behind the counter said the queue outside the shop at 10.30 was insane. Lucky Charms delivered last night were gone before 12 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Everyone was really friendly, the older man in the suit seemed especially nice giving a lollipop out to my sister :)

Place was jammers though. I bought a ton (10) cans of Vanilla Coke and the guy behind the counter said the queue outside the shop at 10.30 was insane. Lucky Charms delivered last night were gone before 12 :eek:

Hope you bought a toothbrush also :p

How much is the Vanilla Coke going for?

€1.50 a can. Reasonable enough seeing as I was considering ordering it from Amazon at £1.20 a can + VAT + delivery :eek:

He said they're getting 4 more crates of it in on Tuesday?

He also said they've found a new buyer so they can get the stuff in bulk as opposed to retail and should have a greater stock of the more popular sweets/drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

lol guesiing u work there. majority of stuff was normal stuff. pic and mix was just a poor selection, no jellies. they had bon bon's stinger bars, black jack bars, wine gums, didnt see anything there that was worth going in there for.

Nope, but someday... :rolleyes:

Why would you go into a shop that specializes in imported candies and go to the pic n' mix section? Sure you'd be better off going up to the Sweet Factory in the Eyre Square Centre if that's what you're after. Did you look on the shelves just opposite the counter? That's where all the gold is!

Nope, but someday... :rolleyes:

Why would you go into a shop that specializes in imported candies and go to the pic n' mix section? Sure you'd be better off going up to the Sweet Factory in the Eyre Square Centre if that's what you're after. Did you look on the shelves just opposite the counter? That's where all the gold is!

+1

It's not cheap but you can get stuff you wouldn't be able to get elsewhere. Not the place to for generic pic+mix but there's some seriously delicious sweets there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Have I been to Candyland? Yes

Was it awesome? Hell yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Was in there yesterday and even though I didn't see the entire selection due to stocking up on Peanut Butter M&M's :pac: it did look like it had a very decent choice. I'll definitely come back for the Root Beer alone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

This reminds me of a song someone linked on facebook......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ali2-Dar1rs

Dirty fckers the lot of yis!

I'm now hooked on their peanut butter M+Ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

My OH and I went in there last Friday. We spent a fortune. Will we go back; Yes!

Still have 2 pink & white bags on our livingroom table, with many sweets. I'm excited to see they're getting lucky charms. When I was in New York I had Captain Crunch & Starbucks every morning. So Candyland please get CC, I'll buy many boxes.

Also Apple Jacks to go with my fruit salads & it will be like old times going to the Claddagh Palace circa 1990. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

They've a new shelf of stuff in their today. Fruit Loops, but no Lucky Charms. €9 a box, but well worth a treat if you have the cash.

Also - Take 5 bars, greatest chocolate bar ever:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_5_%28candy%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Where is this place. Tummy bug going around and am seriously ill. But must get in tomorrow for peanut butter m&ms for when I am better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

What is the drink section like? Anybody remember dilutable ribena orange as a kid. Have been looking for the stuff for years.

Another drink I loved as a kid was a dilutable orange juice that came in a glass bottle. Spotted it on an english supermarket with online shopping function.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Where is this place. Tummy bug going around and am seriously ill. But must get in tomorrow for peanut butter m&ms for when I am better

It's opposite Sally Long's Bar on Abbeygate Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Advertisement