Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been in Candyland yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

I actually cried in the place, leaving with lucky charms, pay day, 3 musketeers, pretzel m&m's, bubbalicous... to name but a few

in my past life I born into manhattans elite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I actually cried in the place, leaving with lucky charms, pay day, 3 musketeers, pretzel m&m's, bubbalicous... to name but a few

in my past life I born into manhattans elite
    You might have a problem :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Went in there on their opening day. I no longer have to buy my American candy online!

They have A&W Root Beer and Pretzel M&M's too! And Marshmallow Fluff! :D

You're messing. Have they really got fluff?

You're messing. Have they really got fluff?
    Yep they had it the first couple of weeks anyway.

Yep they had it the first couple of weeks anyway.

Oh you made my day. I think its finally worth a trip home that costs 25 euro return on the bus.

• Advertisement

Oh you made my day. I think its finally worth a trip home that costs 25 euro return on the bus.
    the things people will travel for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My GF was on about fluff too, wtf is it exactly? Marshmallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Just been over on bargain alerts forum and Amazon are now doing groceries (ala sweets) to Ireland... Fluff is here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fluff-Marshmallow-212-Pack/dp/B0049NEG2W/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1307792033&sr=1-1
    And they have lucky charms here...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucky-Charms-326g-Tri-Pack/dp/B004RFTLZO/ref=sr_1_6?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1307794258&sr=1-6

Spend £25 and delivery is free..... Some great deals there..... Pampers, dog food etc but seeing as its candyland we are talking about, looks like they will have some stiff competition from Amazon but I wish them all the best

zero19 wrote: »
    My GF was on about fluff too, wtf is it exactly? Marshmallow?
    It's marshmallow spread. Its lovely stuff. You mightn't like it though so don't waste your money on it = leave it all for me!

Have they got american peanut butter? And Nabisco Grahams?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭skinandblister

Not sure what to make of it, was actually disapointed when I first went in there. I've never been to America so I dont recognise half the stuff in there. I was quite happy to see Nerds and was very hessitant about buying them, because of their price. Seen that they had coconut M&M's on their website didnt have them when I was last in there so went in again today sure enough they were there but I put them back once I seen the price. I know that everything is imported from America so prices are going to be higher, maybe the prices are reasonable but I just wont be buying anything in there, unfortunatley because everything looks so nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

The prices on most stuff isnt too bad, considering some shops sell regular sweets in and around the 1€ Mark anyway. Couldn't believe a tenner for the cereal though, that was a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Have they rubble gum, original cola fizz and penny pieces? Otherwise I'm not interested. Fkin hate the way they changed wham bars etc over here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

The folks are so nice in there, let me and a friend in after closing time cos we were pressing our noses against the window :)
    got pretzel m&ms. Happy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah the staff are really sound. Fairly impressed with the place so far. Just wish I had the cash to go there more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭skinandblister

Forgot to say, went in to get some hersheys kisses but they were €8, they sell them in a shop in ballybane for €2.something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vinnys

Well, youre wrong there to be honest. What you saw was a bag of giant hersheys hugs, not the regular little hersheys kisses ur comparing it to, which is also sold there for €2. something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Cant remember their name but thought the sweets in the glass jars were class (strawberry and cream ones anyways) couldn't stop picking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

On thier facebook page they have announced that they have taken down the prices of majority of their stuff including lucky charms... oh the excitment!!

Bubbilicous candyfloss favour here I come

On thier facebook page they have announced that they have taken down the prices of majority of their stuff including lucky charms... oh the excitment!!

Bubbilicous candyfloss favour here I come
    Well they aint taken down the prices on any of the regular size choc bars e.g Snickers Almond, Twix PB etc. Still all around €1.50 to €1.85. Wouldn't recommend the Twix PB either, pretty manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Well they aint taken down the prices on any of the regular size choc bars e.g Snickers Almond, Twix PB etc. Still all around €1.50 to €1.85. Wouldn't recommend the Twix PB either, pretty manky.

It would make sense for them to run down their current stock before lowering any prices. If they bought-in stock from the previous supplier at €x price, they're not going to start selling it €x - 0.30c.

Hopefully we'll see a drop in the next two weeks. It's hard to imagine that small shop fitting that much extra stock than whatever's on the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone know if Lucky Charms have dropped from €10?

Anyone know if Lucky Charms have dropped from €10?

They were €11 last time I was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 suarez9

Would people buy jar tin of sweets from candyland if delivered at reasonable price to your home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Joyce's in Knocknacarra are selling Lucky Charms for €5.99!

Joyce's in Knocknacarra are selling Lucky Charms for €5.99!

The mother just told me about that today actually. I'm tempted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Saoirse G

Was sooo not impressed with Candyland, there prices are way dearer than the 2 sweet stalls and for the same sweets!!! Sweetzone beside Tesco does the job for me :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Saoirse G wrote: »
    Was sooo not impressed with Candyland, there prices are way dearer than the 2 sweet stalls and for the same sweets!!! Sweetzone beside Tesco does the job for me :p

If the two sweet stalls sold peanut butter m&m's they'd do the job for me too :-P sadly they only stock tradional Irish/English styled sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

supervalue in oranmore are selling lucky charms for i think 7 or 8 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Saoirse G

Well I know they sell the 'Nerds' that people were talking about earlier in this thread, not sure about the other sweets, mainly buy the white mice for my daughter and the dusted milk teeth for myself. Sooo glad they're making them agaain, couldnt get them for ages anywhere....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Their website is very amateurish looking and also looks like they stole images off a different American products reselling website that I have used.

I wonder if they are buying their stock off those guys and bumping up the price a bit :) Or maybe even working together with them. Either way I wouldn't pay the prices they are asking.

I remember Scottys use to be cute selling cans of American sodas for like 4.50 a can when nobody had them and when Candyland first opened the cans were pretty expensive. They seem to be down to 1.50 for the most part now. I think I'll stick to using other websites rather than paying what they are asking.

It's ok though, Students will still pay for it.

Advertisement