Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Food on a Monday

Options
  • 30-05-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

Just a quick one, meeting up with some friends in the city centre tonight, Monday, is there any decent restaurants which offer decent early birds or Monday offers? We will be eating around 7pm so early bird might be ideal. Any ideas folks?

Thanks,
    Donal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/section/176

All night early bird! €30 for three courses and the food is excellent. Plenty of other places doing cheaper stuff, what are you in to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

John_Rambo wrote: »
    http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/section/176

All night early bird! €30 for three courses and the food is excellent. Plenty of other places doing cheaper stuff, what are you in to?

Anything at all - not fussy! but maybe a little cheaper that €30 two courses would be fine I imagine as it will be a pretty informal affair.

thanks for the suggestion though!

Yeah, it's a tad pricey for an early bird, but really really good food.

I love this place, but they tend to rush you sometimes. It's a busy, relaxed place (if that makes sense) with good food.

http://www.chezmax.ie/index.php?MENU:%3A%3A_Early_bird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Wherebouts in town will you guys be? I can think of a few really nice places with early birds/generally well priced food but they're all over the gaff!

The Exchequer (right beside Fallon & Byrne) has gorgeous gastro pub food (but it's quite restaurant-y in there in case sitting in a pub doesn't float your boat)

http://www.theexchequer.ie/menu.php?menu_id=8

I'm pretty sure they normally have a special offer on for a main course & a pint as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Depends on what yer after.

Kylemore Café on the corner of North Earl/O'Connell Street do decent grub at a nice price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mona lisa on d'olier street do a BOGOF on main courses. avoid kylemore its awful

avoid kylemore its awful

I'm surprised it's still there considering all the bad word it gets.

Is sending people to Kylemore Cafe an in joke here?

OP, where did you go in the end, and, was it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Is sending people to Kylemore Cafe an in joke here?

OP, where did you go in the end, and, was it any good?

bizarrely, some people seem to think that its a decent place

I think it is good. Why do so many think it's bad?

They do nice chips. The view is nice. Going to the toilets is like going below deck on a little boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanls for all the suggestions guys! Ended up eating in The Church! It was great really nice. Early Bird €20 for two courses so did the trick. They also let us choose off the Bar Menu if we wanted which was decent of them. Nice food, chilled atmosphere!

Lahm wrote: »
    They do nice chips

Fair enough Lahm, sorry I thought you were joking, it's just not everyone's idea of good food. When it comes to the food threads I find it's good if you put a little explanation, ie; if you like Asian food, if you like burgers and chips, if you like Pasta dishes...
    Ended up eating in The Church!

Forgot about this place! Good choice, glad you enjoyed grub on the Northside, cracking interior.

Advertisement