Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keyboard and Mouse unresponsive windows 7

• 30-05-2011 3:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last night when trying to get an iPhone 4 out of restore mode my pc packed in !

I plugged in the iphone and instead of the usual noise you head when its loading the drivers for a device it made two beeps instead of the normal one.

Anyway the phone did not show up in itunes, so I restarted the machine ,

Loaded to the log in page but the keyboard and mouse were unresponsive although the optical red light was on the mouse .

Had to do a hard reset with the power button and took it into Safe mode which the keyboard allowed me to do, then brought it into recovery mode and ran diagnostics and everything came back fine , all the time using the keyboard and mouse.

When I went to log in again as normal the same problem faced me , the cursor wont move and stays in the exact same place as before the hard reset and the keyboard wont type ,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'd go into safe mode and restore the system to before you attached the phone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'd go into safe mode and restore the system to before you attached the phone

In safe mode I dont actually have any control , just diagnostics and recovery , but all seems fine in there

Edit
    I have made it into system restore now via the diagnostics , hopefully this will bring it back to life !

Edit 2

That has brought it back to life , cheers for the advice

Advertisement