Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beech hedging needs help

Options
  • 30-05-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi,

Put in a new green beech hedge in the early spring. 2 year old plants - ~ 2ft tall.
    Has taken a bit of a battering over the last few weeks with all the wind, etc.
    Have watered it a few times.
    Leaves have lots of brown patches on them.

Is there anything that i can do for it?
    is there a feed that i could get for it?
    any help apprectated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Main thing is not to let it dry out at the roots. Everything has brown leaves from wind burn right now, it should recover. Beech can take quite some time to settle - it will be growing roots rather than much top growth this year. Keep it well watered for the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dryan wrote: »
    Hi,

Put in a new green beech hedge in the early spring. 2 year old plants - ~ 2ft tall.
    Has taken a bit of a battering over the last few weeks with all the wind, etc.
    Have watered it a few times.
    Leaves have lots of brown patches on them.

Is there anything that i can do for it?
    is there a feed that i could get for it?
    any help apprectated.

Watered it a few times??

You need to water it every day,even iof it rains or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭dryan

Every day? Jeez, would never have thought!!

May get out with the buckets this evening!

Does it need any feed or manure (farm yard)?

also, need to spray for the fly but it has been too windy for the last few weeks!

Advertisement