Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present for pregnant woman

Options
  • 30-05-2011 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've just found out a family member is pregnant, her birthday is in August (few months before baby arrives) and I was thinking of getting her a pamper hamper. She's mid 30s.

Basically just a few things for herself (she does not want any baby stuff until baby arrives).

I'd like to get a few things and put the hamper together myself rather than buy a pre-made hamper as I'd like to get items I know she will use rather than get a hamper some items I know she won't use.

I'm looking for ideas on what to put into the hamper?

I was thinking maybe some bath/body stuff, facial products, make up etc?

I can't afford to spend a whole lot (I was thinking of getting a few bits each week to spread out the cost), maybe €70 in total.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

oh thats really thoughtful.. well whats she like or into? maybe a voucher for a pedicure.. theres a range in boots called mum to be organics and they do a tummy cream well priced.. a little more expensive is the burts bees which do an amazing tummy cream, gorgeous.. maybe a cheap top from h&m just so she feels nice and like something fits well..if plans on breastfeeding a breastfeeding cushion (i know she doesnt want anything for the baby but they are great for putting between your legs and under bump when you are trying to sleep, especially at the end when its so hard to get comfy-a big one! hth

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

becareful what you buy because pregnant women are not allowed to use alot of spa product.... I'm not sure which ones are safe...sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you both so much, I will look into those brands you mentioned :)
    becareful what you buy because pregnant women are not allowed to use alot of spa product.... I'm not sure which ones are safe...sorry
    I never knew this, thanks so much for informing me, I will do some research see what products they can't use.

Advertisement