Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

testing newly installed line for broadband

Options
  • 30-05-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys just wondering how long you have to leave it before testing a line for broadband? line just installed today. rang eircom and spoke to a lady who said i'd have to wait a day or 2 before i could check the availibility! is this true and why so? i can make and receive calls just cant check my line for what packages, if any, are available

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hi guys just wondering how long you have to leave it before testing a line for broadband? line just installed today. rang eircom and spoke to a lady who said i'd have to wait a day or 2 before i could check the availibility! is this true and why so? i can make and receive calls just cant check my line for what packages, if any, are available

Hi celticbhoy27
    a brand new line may need to be tested to see what speed can be delivered. This iws tested at at exchange lever so it is possible it may take two days. If you PM me your tel. no I can have tested and advise you.
    Tony

Advertisement