Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

sok2005 wrote: »
    I had an issue printing off my Finish coupon so I contacted Unilever and got the following response.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, this promotion has now finished and the coupons are no longer available. I am sorry for any disappointment this will cause.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Giselle Dussard

Bad form!:(

Isnt that the one thats valid and redeemable until 27th May 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Access wrote: »
    Isnt that the one thats valid and redeemable until 27th May 2011?

Im unsure tbh but as per Purplestar77s previous quote "Just printed mine off and noticed the expiry date is 8th July - so 3 weeks from today. Bear that in mind - you need to use it sooner rather than later... "

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Just used Killeen voucher in Dunnes, Southgate Drogheda with no problems. I did buy over E5 worth of Killeen goods and no issue was taken at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Just used Killeen voucher in Dunnes, Southgate Drogheda with no problems. I did buy over E5 worth of Killeen goods and no issue was taken at all.

Great! That's the way it should be. If we all use it just once per transaction when buying at least €5 worth of Killeen goods, there's no reason why Dunnes would stop accepting our vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Just in case it was missed, loveirish food (pigsback login) has new coupons up-

1e off Barry's Tea 160 range, 65c off avonmore 660g soup and 3e off swan liqueur.

http://www.loveirishfood.ie/coupons.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Does anyone know a way around installing or printing from the coupon printing software? I normally lay several differen coupons out on an A4 pdf & print them when I can. Am loosing out as I just can't install that software where I print them.

If anyone else wants some laid out ready to go, I'd be happy to put up pdfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

cotton wrote: »
    Does anyone know a way around installing or printing from the coupon printing software? I normally lay several differen coupons out on an A4 pdf & print them when I can. Am loosing out as I just can't install that software where I print them.

I too have the same problem with my macbook. Can somebody help with the Finish vouchers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 babyontheway

That would be brilliant- to have them in A4 and ready to print......

Does anyone know how to resize the Killeen Voucher, the girl in Tesco accepted it but was looking at it funny cause it was on A4 page :)

Thanks a millions....

Saved €14 on my €50 shop today, absolutely delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Eileen36

Centra facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/CentraIreland

To continue our celebrations for the longest day of the year, we’re giving all our fans a free bronkie, yummy!! To get your free treat go to our coupons tab under our profile picture, click print and bring your coupon to your local store! If that doesn't brighten up your day, we don't know what will ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Eileen36 wrote: »
    Centra facebook page

To continue our celebrations for the longest day of the year, we’re giving all our fans a free bronkie, yummy!! To get your free treat go to our coupons tab under our profile picture, click print and bring your coupon to your local store! If that doesn't brighten up your day, we don't know what will ;)

Unfortunately I cant print from FB as I dont have a printer at home! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I thought it said free "brekkie" but a free "bronkie" is good too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Yes Please!

Wouldn't it be great if everyone attached coupons they found as jpegs or pdf. Have been trying to print to pdf but haven't got it working yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Grawns wrote: »
    Yes Please!

Wouldn't it be great if everyone attached coupons they found as jpegs or pdf. Have been trying to print to pdf but haven't got it working yet.

I did suggest that awhile ago but apparently creating a pseudo facebook account in order to get access to vouchers is a better idea... You can just attach word/paint documents as well, you don't need a pdf maker. But there are lots of free programs that will create pdfs from most file types, just google it.

@babyontheway: just copy and paste the picture from the voucher into word then re-size the corners by dragging to whatever size you want, it's pretty straightforward.

Grawns wrote: »
    Yes Please!

Let me know what ones you want done!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You could always just take a screen shot and resize it in paint then save as a jpeg or paste into word

• Registered Users Posts: 2 devo75

Tesco have comfort fabric softner 1.5 litre 42 washes on special for €2 (normally €4) I printed off a coupon from pigsback got it for a euro. Just in case anyone was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Let me know what ones you want done!

Stick em all up please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

rickyjb wrote: »
    I did suggest that awhile ago but apparently creating a pseudo facebook account in order to get access to vouchers is a better idea...

I didn't say it was a BETTER idea, I said it could be practical as you won't always have kind people that have the time/patience to PDF whatever other people needs. If someone does it at times I think it should be regarded as an extra (personally I spend my time looking for coupons and keeping the thread up, for example) and if u create a FB account for couponing you don't need to rely on other people, that's all. (different for people who don't have a printer at home, I know, as I don't have one myself...it makes me happy when some site have the "we'll send the coupon to you" option lol)

Also...I am not sure it is very legal to multiply those coupons by putting them on a word document or PDF and print them again and again... may be wrong here though, would like to know your opinions.

Also...I am not sure it is very legal to multiply those coupons by putting them on a word document or PDF and print them again and again... may be wrong here though, would like to know your opinions.

So would I before I put pdf's up!

Also, does anyone know if the barcodes on the pigsback ones are different for each person’s account or are they all the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

pigsback barcodes are different for everyone. Empathy marketing get paid per coupon printed, if they're PDFd & printed then the company don't get paid (& we'll probably see coupons dry up).

Sorry to the few who don't want to install the software or don't have a printer, but I don't think they should be put up in PDF format, because far more are using them on a regular basis & we don't want to see them go. This is exactly what happened on the killeen one. Mis use by a small amount of people affected a large amount.

Pigsback coupons & others are linked via

bubblegum
    [URL="tps://www.facebook.com/supershoppers"]supersavers[/URL]

& of course

pigsback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

picked up 3 bottles of Persil today in dunnes on offer for €3.99 and used 3 persil coupons also,,she had to go find out can she use all 3 in one transaction but i could, so instead of paying €12 for the 3 i paid €6.i just wanted to ask is it ok to log onto pigsback and print off coupons a few they seem to let you do it witihout limiting the amount of times i go back into print but i dont want to be abusing the system if you know what i mean:)

If I may, as a general advice... Subscribe to pigsback, supersavvyme (they rarely have stuff for ROI but at times they do and they have been posted here), the above links on FB and some of your favorite products mailin lists from their sites. Have a dedicated FB profile and e-mail address, if you prefer so.

In "real life" remember to check the aisles when you go shopping! I got good offers on Heinz and Lyons tea, picking up coupons on the aisles.

For peep that, like me, don't have a printer at home: I personally started looking around for a decent one at a good price but for the moment I have a dear person that prints them for me, they have my pigsback and supersavvyme details and I forward them my coupons e-mails. You can ask amember of the family, a good friend, your partner, a neighbor...or go to an Internet cafe if you think it's worth for the savings in it.

My 2 cents. Lets keep it up.

tantipie wrote: »
    picked up 3 bottles of Persil today in dunnes on offer for €3.99 and used 3 persil coupons also,,she had to go find out can she use all 3 in one transaction but i could, so instead of paying €12 for the 3 i paid €6.i just wanted to ask is it ok to log onto pigsback and print off coupons a few they seem to let you do it witihout limiting the amount of times i go back into print but i dont want to be abusing the system if you know what i mean:)

Thank you the Dunnes hint and read the post immediately above yours regarding Pigsback. :) I don't think you are abusing the system as you are logged in with an unique identity and if they want to limit the amount every user can print they can do no prob. Hope I make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wirish

tantipie wrote: »

I emailed Pigsback the other day to find out if you could use coupons more than once. This is what they said -

Many thanks for your email.

You can print off and use more than one grocery coupon within reason of course.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me

So once people don't go completely over the top then we can all keep saving money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

So would I before I put pdf's up!

You're genuinely worried about the legal implications of re-posting freely available coupons over an anonymous forum?
    iMax wrote: »
    Sorry to the few who don't want to install the software or don't have a printer, but I don't think they should be put up in PDF format, because far more are using them on a regular basis & we don't want to see them go. This is exactly what happened on the killeen one. Mis use by a small amount of people affected a large amount.

God forbid a thread about couponing would actively encourage the distribution of coupons, every person for themselves I guess. How exactly do you "misuse" a coupon anyway once you don't violate the T&C's which are printed on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

Can anybody put up the Finish 3 euros vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

iMax wrote: »
    pigsback barcodes are different for everyone. Empathy marketing get paid per coupon printed, if they're PDFd & printed then the company don't get paid (& we'll probably see coupons dry up).

The barcode on the coupon that scans at the till are all the same, but the individual barcode on the coupon (the second barcode, usually along the left had side) are unique to each coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Eileen36 wrote: »
    Centra facebook page

FridayPrint.jpg

Linky

You're genuinely worried about the legal implications of re-posting freely available coupons over an anonymous forum?

Yes, I am as I created this thread and put a lot of effort in it, I would like to see it still open and going in 6 months, let's say.
    So I would prefer to avoid any messing up.
    I think I and other people gave good advice on how to retrieve coupons etc, I struggle at times myself, no biggie.
    And I think if you go back you can notice a very serious Mod post about mis-use etc...I don't know if it's a good idea to "play around" with the coupons and post Word documents or PDF for every and any coupons available repetedly.

I am sorry if I don't make sense or my English is not that clear, I hope at least my point of view is understandable.

• Advertisement

God forbid a thread about couponing would actively encourage the distribution of coupons, every person for themselves I guess. How exactly do you "misuse" a coupon anyway once you don't violate the T&C's which are printed on it?

And, personally, I find this very unfair. If people come here and share their savings, their tips on where to buy when, their links and findings of coupons and keep this going this is gonna encourage the use of coupons anyway.
    You misuse a coupon in many ways, for example most are tied to your account on some corporate site, others have your name on it, etc
    To a cretain extent is ok to be elastic and I am sure if it's not too blatant is not a biggie for the industires but other times it can provoke a mess (Killeen?).
    Where coupons are seriously used, in fact, you are allowed to print 2 or 3 only from the same computer, for example.
    Personally, I don't think repeadetly posting Word or PDF file would do good to this thread and I would love to keep this up (sorry for repeating this point), I would really encourage people to create their accounts on savings sites/mailing lists etc and go from there.
    If it proves safe for the thread to have those kinda file posted again and again I have nothing against it, anyway, it would be time saving for me too, obviously.
    Would like to hear a Mod about it, if someone is reading.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement