Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

For those of you without a printer, here's one in Argos for €37.49! I was about to get ink for my old crappy printer but cartridges are €33 so I'm just going to get a new printer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

messy543 wrote: »
    Can anybody put up the Finish 3 euros vouchers?

The Finish ones can't be put up, you have to register your details with them on their website and you can only print them once. It's 2 x €1.50 coupons - one for finish dishwasher cleaner and one for finish quantum 20s. HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Now now Rickyjb and Tirabaralla... no arguing or i will send ye to your rooms with no ice cream! :D

I have been doing couponing for a good while now... and i see and have to agree with both arguments...

But,

Personally i think the way forward is for people to do a linky to the Product FB page/site/promotion and to let all people on here go to that link to get the coupon themselves.

This would be better as most (but not all) coupons have assigned barcodes and the couponers name on them sometimes as well.

Everybody do their own pdf/word doc print outs at home how they like it and the world is a better place.

Anybody agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

was in tescos in clondalkin today, they are selling country crest, baby potatoes for 49p a kilo bag and accepted my pigsback token for 50p.
    yes folks free spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Brilliant
    bigwillie wrote: »
    was in tescos in clondalkin today, they are selling country crest, baby potatoes for 49p a kilo bag and accepted my pigsback token for 50p.
    yes folks free spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Hey Guys,

We shouldnt be made feel like criminals for using our coupons wisely! I rarely use coupons on items I have never bought and will never buy again at full price. When using my Killeens voucher I spent well over the €5 of free products so I take exception to the fact that they pulled it early to be honest.

Just back from weekly grocery shop in SuperValu using my coupons! Super savings this week once again of €37.10.

Just a few hints and tips from this shop!

SuperValu have great offers on Comfort for €3.50, used my coupon for €1.50 on this. €2!!

Uncles Bens sauces are all on offer for €2, used my .50c coupon off these. €1.50 each!!

Persil is down to €5, used my €2 voucher here also. €3

They are doing a double pack of Dettol products (lemon floor cleaner and spray surface cleaner) on special for €4, used my €1 off too on this. €3 Bargain!

Happy couponing all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Access wrote: »
    Now now Rickyjb and Tirabaralla... no arguing or i will send ye to your rooms with no ice cream! :D

I have been doing couponing for a good while now... and i see and have to agree with both arguments...

But,

Personally i think the way forward is for people to do a linky to the Product FB page/site/promotion and to let all people on here go to that link to get the coupon themselves.

This would be better as most (but not all) coupons have assigned barcodes and the couponers name on them sometimes as well.

Everybody do their own pdf/word doc print outs at home how they like it and the world is a better place.

Anybody agree?

Wasn't that what I was saying? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

The Finish ones can't be put up, you have to register your details with them on their website and you can only print them once. It's 2 x €1.50 coupons - one for finish dishwasher cleaner and one for finish quantum 20s. HTH!
    I registered on the site but am not able to print them directly nor forward them to another email. Don't know why!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

And, personally, I find this very unfair. If people come here and share their savings, their tips on where to buy when, their links and findings of coupons and keep this going this is gonna encourage the use of coupons anyway.
    You misuse a coupon in many ways, for example most are tied to your account on some corporate site, others have your name on it, etc
    To a cretain extent is ok to be elastic and I am sure if it's not too blatant is not a biggie for the industires but other times it can provoke a mess (Killeen?).
    Where coupons are seriously used, in fact, you are allowed to print 2 or 3 only from the same computer, for example.
    Personally, I don't think repeadetly posting Word or PDF file would do good to this thread and I would love to keep this up (sorry for repeating this point), I would really encourage people to create their accounts on savings sites/mailing lists etc and go from there.
    If it proves safe for the thread to have those kinda file posted again and again I have nothing against it, anyway, it would be time saving for me too, obviously.
    Would like to hear a Mod about it, if someone is reading.

First of all :confused::confused::confused:

And how exactly is the killeen coupon now "a mess"? I haven't even used mine yet for the record but fully expect it to be honoured if I buy more than 5 euros worth of killeen products as the expiry date is the end of the year.

At this stage it's probably wise to end this particular discussion, if people feel like being courteous they can post actual vouchers (if they've already had to transcribe it to a suitable format of course), if not no worries. The main reason I suggested it in the first place was to avoid duplication of work.
    sok2005 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

We shouldnt be made feel like criminals for using our coupons wisely!

Thank you!!!:)
    I registered on the site but am not able to print them directly nor forward them to another email. Don't know why!!!

You should be able to "print to file" when the dialogue box pops up to print, this will give you an electronic version of the file. A copy/paste into word/paint or print screen/paste should sort you out from there.

Rickyjb After I entered my details it goes to the install coupon manager and because that does not get installed on my mac it asks me to enter another email to forward the coupon. But after I enter another email id and click the green button even that does not get clicked.
    Just don't know what the problem is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Rickyjb After I entered my details it goes to the install coupon manager and because that does not get installed on my mac it asks me to enter another email to forward the coupon. But after I enter another email id and click the green button even that does not get clicked.
    Just don't know what the problem is.

Sorry I didn't know you were using a mac. In that case you're probably in trouble unless there's a mac version of that software which there probably isn't. I would say that they only took another email address as a token gesture. You could try emailing them and see what they say, couldn't hurt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Same here, was unable to install the printing software for some reason and the coupon doesn't even display on my screen. Using Windows 7 and got an exception error. Shame that nobody posted a pdf for it.

I had the same issue printing the Finish voucher, contacted them and they told me the offer was over so they wouldnt be sending it to me.

So I bought Fairy tabs instead this week as they were half price in SuperValu!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

OP would you consider splitting this thread into one where people can post just offers with links and/or actual coupons... and a second thread for all discussion, comments, debate, etc. Both are valid and useful but keeping the two together runs the risk of winding up like the Freebies thread.

I had the same issue printing the Finish voucher, contacted them and they told me the offer was over so they wouldnt be sending it to me.

I thought it was till 1st week July!!!!

I thought it was till 1st week July!!!!

As did I. Bit of a cop out from Finish if you ask me. Especially as I would ususally buy Finish tabs in my grocery shop. Their curt reply turned me rightly off.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

As did I. Bit of a cop out from Finish if you ask me. Especially as I would ususally buy Finish tabs in my grocery shop. Their curt reply turned me rightly off.

Well it's their loss, I never used finish as they're way too expensive but I'd give them a try if I got that discount voucher.

Id email them back and let them know! :mad:

Id email them back and let them know! :mad:

Weirdly enough, I did this morning! It was just annoying me a little too much.

So their email was the following:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, this promotion has now finished and the coupons are no longer available. I am sorry for any disappointment this will cause.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Giselle Dussard
    Careline Advisor

To which I responded:

Hi Giselle,

I was under the impression these vouchers were valid until the first week of July at least. I have never bought any other dishwasher tabs other than Finish before but due to your curt reply I will certainly consider an alternative in the future.
    It's such a shame that a €3 coupon may have lost you a life long customer, not the best business move in my humble opinion.

I am very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Kind Regards,
    Customer
    and
    Mother of Two.

My husband laughed heartily!

For people with a Mac: from someone I know they use an "emulator" of Windows when printing coupons, sorry I cannot be more technical, it's all I know.

About splitting the thread, I was thinking the same yesterday for the same reasons but I also thought personally I prefer to have everything in one place, the coupons and the offers alerts and the general advice etc, it's handier for me. I don't dislike the freebies thread as it is tbh. But if someone wants to create an "only links" thread I understand.
    Hope I made sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

For people with a Mac: from someone I know they use an "emulator" of Windows when printing coupons, sorry I cannot be more technical, it's all I know.

About splitting the thread, I was thinking the same yesterday for the same reasons but I also thought personally I prefer to have everything in one place, the coupons and the offers alerts and the general advice etc, it's handier for me. I don't dislike the freebies thread as it is tbh. But if someone wants to create an "only links" thread I understand.
    Hope I made sense.

How about renaming this thread to 'Groceries: Offers and Couponing'.

Personally I like having everything in the one place too.

I don't think I can modify the title, if I could I would put: Couponing (Links, Sightings, Offers) :)

Splitting the thread? :confused:

Whoever said anything about splitting the thread? - where did that come from?

There is more debate on this thread than on the frontline with pat kenny!

Now, carry on people... more offers and coupon posting here please :D

Splitting the thread? :confused:

Whoever said anything about splitting the thread? - where did that come from?

There is more debate on this thread than on the frontline with pat kenny!

Now, carry on people... more offers and coupon posting here please :D
    You must have missed a couple posts :D

Thank you, good idea.

OP would you consider splitting this thread into one where people can post just offers with links and/or actual coupons... and a second thread for all discussion, comments, debate, etc. Both are valid and useful but keeping the two together runs the risk of winding up like the Freebies thread.

Ah.... No.

Now, move along people... coupons and offers please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I fear we may have run out of coupons to post about :eek:

snubbleste wrote: »
    I fear we may have run out of coupons to post about :eek:

:eek: Snubbleste! you cant speak like that! - go up to your room and dont come down till you have a good think about what you said! :D:D:D

:eek: Snubbleste! you cant speak like that! - go up to your room and dont come down till you have a good think about what you said! :D:D:D

Should we consider contacting manufacturers regarding coupons?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

• Advertisement

sue97 wrote: »

Been stated a few times already on here.

Dont know if they are a business or just a resource though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement