Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Access wrote: »
    I cant see any shop taking a UK sterling 50p coupon here.

Also, on the same product... there is a link for a free sample of super sticky notes in the freebies thread and unfortunately, even though they do send out free samples to Ireland, i have not seen mine yet and i sent off for it in March! :eek:

I know it's in sterling but it quotes the Euro value at the bottom...you say it won't work, eh?

Ahhhh...darn! (me wuves post-its)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

messy543 wrote: »
    1 euro off coupons for Danone products including actimel here :
    http://www.barnardos.ie/assets/files/bigtoddle/Danone-Big-Toddle-Tips.pdf

Those coupons are tiny, almost needed a magnifying glass to read them.
    Supervalu have Activia 4 packs. Buy 2 for €3.
    Joyces, Galway have Actimel 12 pack for €2.49

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just used the persil €2 voucher from todayFm to get persil Small and mighty non Bio CAPSULES 10 pack that was on offer for €2.29 in Tesco
    net price 29 cent
    product doesn't seem to be on website, so it may be a discontinued line.

http://www.todayfm.com/Libraries/Today_FM_Documents/Persil_Voucher.sflb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I know it's in sterling but it quotes the Euro value at the bottom...you say it won't work, eh?

Ahhhh...darn! (me wuves post-its)

I feel a bet coming on... :D

I feel a bet coming on... :D

Haha...emmm...I am to shy to guinea pig this...but I can bet, if u willing to try :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just used the persil €2 voucher from todayFm to get persil Small and mighty non Bio CAPSULES 10 pack that was on offer for €2.29
    net price 29 cent
    product doesn't seem to be on website, so it may be a discontinued line.

http://www.todayfm.com/Libraries/Today_FM_Documents/Persil_Voucher.sflb
    Hello thanks for this but which shop?
    Also used Killeen voucher last night in tesco galway , no bother
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

leitirmeas wrote: »
    Also used Killeen voucher last night in tesco galway , no bother
    Thanks

Who actually said it wasn't being accepted anymore? It seems to work fine in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

rickyjb wrote: »
    Who actually said it wasn't being accepted anymore? It seems to work fine in most places.

The Supervalu in my area did not accept it saying only vouchers that could be sent to supervalu can be accepted- whatever that meant. She and the manager made a big issue about it.
    It was quite embarrassing as all the people were watching and I am standing there proving my innocence (made me feel a criminal) :mad:

The Supervalu in my area did not accept it saying only vouchers that could be sent to supervalu can be accepted- whatever that meant. She and the manager made a big issue about it.
    It was quite embarrassing as all the people were watching and I am standing there proving my innocence (made me feel a criminal) :mad:

This is absurd, tbh. They can refuse a coupon if they want (I dont think there are policies in place for coupons at the moment, or I couldn't find them) but they stille HAVE to respect you, you are just presenting a coupon that the producer has put out there and you are in your complete right!
    Grrrrrrrr :mad:
    Sorry about that.

On other news, from bubblegum.ie on Facebook:
    Cadbury Crunchie 4 for €1 in €2 stores nationwide. Alltogether now... Thank Crunchie it's...

Going to Dublin today! thehehe
    Oh, anyway...none interested in opening a 2 Euro shop in Wicklow Town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Supervalu in Leixlip has accepted the Killeen coupon twice, along with many other coupons I've gathered since first coming across this thread - so the manager at your store has to be wrong. No need to be made feel like a criminal over trying to save a few euros!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

definately some good stuff to be found here , can confirm Vanish In wash for 7c (with €1.50 pigsback voucher) and country crest spuds for free (actually earn you 1c) with the pigsback voucher also.

Also on a pigback theme Mc Cambridge bread works out about €1.10 with their voucher which works out better than the brennans copy of their product which is on special at €1.25 in tesco.

Sqeez for 50c a litre is a steel also with the Big Als vouchers when bought on the 2 for €2 in Tesco (their selling a 3 pack for €3 when you can get 4 for 2 euro buying separately)

Also Tesco have a nice one: Easy Singles 20's + Bunster Big Bun 6 Pack + Fresh Burgers 6 Pack for €6 , use the big als easi singles €1 voucher and get it for a fiver. Really good home style burgers too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

definately some good stuff to be found here , can confirm Vanish In wash for 7c (with €1.50 pigsback voucher) and country crest spuds for free (actually earn you 1c) with the pigsback voucher also.

All my store has is Vanish In Wash Liquid 1 Litre for €3.15, is it the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

snubbleste wrote: »
    All my store has is Vanish In Wash Liquid 1 Litre for €3.15, is it the same?

Yep Vanish Liquid In Wash stain remover barcode 5011417535455 - maybe scan it on one of the price scanner things - maybe the offer price just isn't flashed?

Yep Vanish Liquid In Wash stain remover barcode 5011417535455 - maybe scan it on one of the price scanner things - maybe the offer price just isn't flashed?

Its only €1.57 in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cadbury Crunchie 4 for €1 in €2 stores nationwide
    :D:D I Love it 4 for 1 in 2

I would kick up over this Messy... you need to get your own back on this issue.

Firstly, email or better... write to Supervalu HQ and complain about the assistant and/or the manager in your particular store stating how you felt embarrassed and ashamed for only the issue of trying to use a valid coupon.
    (you can find out the managers name on the instore photo board or by going to the contact details for your SV store) - (also include the coupon if posting to them and inform them that it was accepted in other supervslu stores)

Secondly, In your letter, state that you will be contacting the media if they dont reply within 21 days, (namely the joe duffy show or our local paper - and state this fact) regarding this issue and stress to them that you were embarrassed in front of a queue of customers over this issue and that your custom is now ended with this particular store.

What will happen is that they will poo themselves regarding customer complaint over this, as no company wants bad press against them - ever. They will also contact the store you had the problem with and will blast that particular manager for handling the issue so badly.

You will get an apology and in many cases, you will get some sort of compensation in the form of money off coupons or vouchers.

EDIT: just for the hell of it, i know that coupon is still working as it was accepted in our tesco here yesterday no probs. I have to go to pick up a few bits in town here this evening, so i will bring an extra killeen coupon with me and see if my local super valu will accept it.... will report back later this evening.

Just a tip for you... when you are walking in the door of woodies, they normally have the free woodies magazine near the entrance. Inside the back cover of that, you will find 10-20% off coupons printed there for the various depts... ie 10% paint when you spend over €50 etc.

hope that helps. Will look for one thanks for that.

Woodies magazine has vouchers off in the 3rd last page of their summer magazine which you can pick up as suggested above by Access.

You think they had one for PAINT, arrrggghhhh, the one thing I wanted !!:D:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

vicwatson wrote: »
    Woodies magazine has vouchers off in the 3rd last page of their summer magazine which you can pick up as suggested above by Access.

This any help...?

Also 15% off all coloured masonry paint (excluding white), as per Woodies' website.

This any help...?

You're a daisy cheers !

• Advertisement

You're a daisy cheers !

I've been called many things, but that's a new one! ;) Sorry the writing ended up a bit small - note those prices only until June 26th (Sunday). Happy painting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

carefree liners in tescos at 79c, use your 70c coupon for pigsback and get them for 9c. I bought 9 packets today and only paid 81c for them and bought then bought the potatoes 5 bags and in the end only paid 76c but the potatoes coupon finishes on 30th June

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

carefree liners in tescos at 79c, use your 70c coupon for pigsback and get them for 9c. I bought 9 packets today and only paid 81c for them and bought then bought the potatoes 5 bags and in the end only paid 76c but the potatoes coupon finishes on 30th June

Can you use the same voucher multiple times in the same transaction?

jimogr wrote: »
    Can you use the same voucher multiple times in the same transaction?

yes. terms are normally one coupon per item

EDIT: just for the hell of it, i know that coupon is still working as it was accepted in our tesco here yesterday no probs. I have to go to pick up a few bits in town here this evening, so i will bring an extra killeen coupon with me and see if my local super valu will accept it.... will report back later this evening.

Super valu here accepted the coupon this evening... with no problems whatsoever. I even asked the cashier if she came across many of the killeen coupons... and she told me that she gets at least 2 or 3 per day.

You have to complain Messy... its the only way to get your own back.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Eileen36

messy543 I second the complain to HQ comment by Access

A certain other chain could not scan one of their own branded money off coupons at their own check out and said go queue at customer service for the refund!

I sent an email to HQ-within 24 hours I got an apology email and within a week a little something in the post as a 'sorry'.

Store HQs need to know when something is not up to standard and that is normal through customer complaint emails/letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

do the vouchers in the magazine cover garden furniture? We got loads of paint last week with the 25% off vouchers, but we didn't get around to getting the garden furniture set we want & it doesn't seem to be reduced in that link!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Any kelloggs vouchers out there tesco are 3/2 on all their cereals tonight.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    do the vouchers in the magazine cover garden furniture? We got loads of paint last week with the 25% off vouchers, but we didn't get around to getting the garden furniture set we want & it doesn't seem to be reduced in that link!

No, not outdoor. The magazine vouchers (valid until 31 Aug.) are as follows:

• €10 off light fittings - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off indoor furniture - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off decking - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off tiles - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off timber/laminate flooring - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off varnish - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off petcare - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €12 off outdoor light fittings - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    • €10 off shower doors - when you spend €100 or more on same.
    You can also get 10% off anything except garden tools and powered tools if you have Axa insurance - you can apply to Axa for a card or show them proof of insurance in Woodies, which I think also works. Comes in very handy!! http://www.axaplus.ie/discounts.htm

Actually, there is garden furniture reduced per the website, so the same price should apply in store:

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/shoppingref.aspx?loc=C&catid=100.1

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/shopping.aspx?catid=100.1.16&loc=C

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/shopping.aspx?catid=100.1.0&loc=C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 tworascals

spcw wrote: »
    Any kelloggs vouchers out there tesco are 3/2 on all their cereals tonight.
    No vouchers but if you have a code from 3 packs of cereal you get a free box so that works out as 4 for the price of 2 (I think!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement