Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

siber wrote: »
    60 cents off Cushelle Toilet Tissue when you register

https://www.cushelle.com/#/coupon
    sent away for this coupon got it in the post just brought it to tescos and got 6euro of my shop must be a mistake because it said 60c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

lisar816 wrote: »
    sent away for this coupon got it in the post just brought it to tescos and got 6euro of my shop must be a mistake because it said 60c?

Think we can be expecting a rush to the toilet roll aisles... and so it starts.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Think we can be expecting a rush to the toilet roll aisles... and so it starts.. ;)

Interesting! I used 2 in Superquinn and came off as 60c.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

http://plenty.ie/Coupons/

€0.60 off plenty, and tesco has it reduced to €1.89 already

Libera wrote: »
    Interesting! I used 2 in Superquinn and came off as 60c.
    did you print it or get it in the post iv no printer so i got mine in the post maybe thats why

• Advertisement

did you print it or get it in the post iv no printer so i got mine in the post maybe thats why

Yes, printed off...mental note, ask companies to post in future! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Can you scan these coupons through yourself at the self service in Tesco or does it have to be with a cashier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Libera wrote: »
    You can also get 10% off anything except garden tools and powered tools if you have Axa insurance - you can apply to Axa for a card or show them proof of insurance in Woodies, which I think also works. Comes in very handy!! http://www.axaplus.ie/discounts.htm

Actually, there is garden furniture reduced per the website, so the same price should apply in store:

Didn't know about the Axa card, so must remember that the next time, my other half is insured with them. He knew about it, but never uses it. Yeah I can see that some of the furniture is reduced, but not the set we want, so will have to wait for it to be reduced again. It's €299 at present, so I'm fecked if I'm paying that. We have the same set already but want a 2nd one because of all the barbeques we've been having in this lovely summer weather :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Exact same thing happened to me 3 days ago in Tesco. Cushelle coupon went through as €6.
    I said it to the guy but he told me that he couldn't reverse it so just leave it.
    I spent about €20 on stuff so I don't know what would have happened if I had spent less than €6

I have a feeling Tesco will know about this over the coming days as there is likely to be a rush now...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Exact same thing happened to me 3 days ago in Tesco. Cushelle coupon went through as €6.
    I said it to the guy but he told me that he couldn't reverse it so just leave it.
    I spent about €20 on stuff so I don't know what would have happened if I had spent less than €6

I have a feeling Tesco will know about this over the coming days as there is likely to be a rush now...
    a lot of the tesco stores know about this already!!!surprised that all stores haven't cancelled it yet as it's going around a few weeks now:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

http://plenty.ie/Coupons/

€0.60 off plenty, and tesco has it reduced to €1.89 already

Anyone else print this coupon and get a 50p (rather than 60c) coupon? There's no mention of ROI on it at all

Anyone else print this coupon and get a 50p (rather than 60c) coupon? There's no mention of ROI on it at all

There is a tick box above where you enter your name - one is for GBP and the other Euro - it defaults to the GBP line, so easy to miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

do the vouchers in the magazine cover garden furniture? We got loads of paint last week with the 25% off vouchers, but we didn't get around to getting the garden furniture set we want & it doesn't seem to be reduced in that link!

Oral Slang - I see Libera got there before me in answering this *as I sit down with magazine in hand to type what libera has already done*:)

Dunnes Stores has 10% off all garden furniture this weekend (till Sunday), I suggest you hang tough, as this weather has no real sign of improving I reckon the retailers will soon start putting big reductions on their outdoor stuff. It doesn't take much before people will stop spending on outdoor furniture etc if prices remain the same (and the weather), I can see big reductions over next couple of weeks in order to see people spening again and getting them into the hardware stores.

http://www.dunnesstores.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Yes that heppened to me too, it was def from plenty.ie and webpage was all about 60c:(

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Yes that heppened to me too, it was def from plenty.ie and webpage was all about 60c:(

My apologies, I read too quickly...it's the Cushelle one that gives you an option, not Plenty - I also got a 50p one with the Plenty link! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

It happened to me too and I tried to give a feedback on the coupon mistake but wouldn't submit for me even though I had filled out everything correctly

i only bought the 4 pack and it still worked nd it was on offer so happy days would make you buy the brand now though!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Oral Slang - I see Libera got there before me in answering this *as I sit down with magazine in hand to type what libera has already done*:)

Dunnes Stores has 10% off all garden furniture this weekend (till Sunday), I suggest you hang tough, as this weather has no real sign of improving I reckon the retailers will soon start putting big reductions on their outdoor stuff. It doesn't take much before people will stop spending on outdoor furniture etc if prices remain the same (and the weather), I can see big reductions over next couple of weeks in order to see people spening again and getting them into the hardware stores.

http://www.dunnesstores.ie/

Cool, will try hold off for as long as possible. If the weather does improve over the next while though we want to have it so we can have people up to the house. Shoulda just got it last week with the 25% off vouchers. Left it cos we were in my car rather in his van, so would have had to go home & come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

If you can wait, the best time to buy garden furniture is late August / September. The likes of Woodies/ B&Q/ Homebase all have to clear the stock so generally prices drop by at least 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Just been to Tesco use my coupon for cushelle 4 pack for 60c but when I looked at my receipt it went through as €6 so my shopping came down from €21.73 to €10.02 because of if

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just been to Tesco use my coupon for cushelle 4 pack for 60c but when I looked at my receipt it went through as €6 so my shopping came down from €21.73 to €10.02 because of if

Did you print off the voucher or get it posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

In fairness, i would be very careful about going down this road of using vouchers and coupons that produce a higher amount than face value... read my earlier posts regarding this. It can go horribly wrong when spotted at the till for the couponer using it!

Couponing is a way of getting a few cent/euros off items you would normally buy anyways... not to commit a minor act of price misleading... even if its a case that the fault is due to a printing issue by the company who supplied the coupon in the first place. You could play dumb (like me previously), but you will end up embarrassed and looking very dodgy if spotted in the store where its been used.

The mods here will (as they have earlier in this thread) crack down and delete posts by people acting in a fraudulent manner/egging on or promoting others to use coupons in a fraudulent manner or using dodgy coupons (even if the coupon is misprinted to show a higher value by the manufacturer)

If couponers come across coupons that clock up 10 times the face value or the likes, they should really keep it to themselves and not promote the same IMHO.

I bought 2 cushelles 4 pack this morning in Tesco. I used 2 coupons that I printed. Happy days,
    used the Killeen . happy days
    Used 3 Persil €2 on the capsules for €2.29 Happy days

Didn't buy any Comfort but noticed that they had Comfort 1.5 L "Bright Colours" buy 1 get 1 free @€;4.49
    Imagine you could use 2 coupons from Pigsback and get 2 for €2.49
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

Access wrote: »
    even if its a case that the fault is due to a printing issue by the company who supplied the coupon in the first place. You could play dumb (like me previously), but you will end up embarrassed and looking very dodgy if spotted in the store where its been used.

Anyone know how coupons actually work ? is the value stored in the barcode or do the stores have to set them up manually on their own end. Someone says 60c in Superquinn and €6 in Tesco which would imply it's the store not the issuer at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Anyone know how coupons actually work ? is the value stored in the barcode or do the stores have to set them up manually on their own end. Someone says 60c in Superquinn and €6 in Tesco which would imply it's the store not the issuer at fault.

Barcode has been printed incorrectly by the manufacturer

Reads the same in all stores... it just tells the till what product range (ie tayto/coke/green isle etc) and what amount to discount via the barcode no matter if you are in Mace/Dunnes/ttesco or timmys shop down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

CH3OH wrote: »
    I bought 2 cushelles 4 pack this morning in Tesco. I used 2 coupons that I printed. Happy days,
    used the Killeen . happy days
    Used 3 Persil €2 on the capsules for €2.29 Happy days

Didn't buy any Comfort but noticed that they had Comfort 1.5 L "Bright Colours" buy 1 get 1 free @€;4.49
    Imagine you could use 2 coupons from Pigsback and get 2 for €2.49
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

we bought 4 bottles of this, 2 white and 2 colours. used 4 coupons as it was 1 euro off each bottle. also saved over 30 euros using the coupons 2day. didnt get 6 euros off the cushell, only 60 cent but still.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yep Vanish Liquid In Wash stain remover barcode 5011417535455 - maybe scan it on one of the price scanner things - maybe the offer price just isn't flashed?

I checked again today, that product is €3.15 in my store which is a normal Tesco store. Maybe not all stores have harmonised promotions then?

snubbleste wrote: »
    I checked again today, that product is €3.15 in my store which is a normal Tesco store. Maybe not all stores have harmonised promotions then?

The offer has finished. It is €3.15 on the tesco website
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

CH3OH wrote: »
    The offer has finished. It is €3.15 on the tesco website

Yeah I know.
    It was €3.15 in my local store last week and the week before, as I checked when another poster said they got it for 7c.

• Advertisement

Like Uncle Ben's on Facebook & get a 50c voucher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement