Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

CH3OH wrote: »
    The offer has finished. It is €3.15 on the tesco website
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Thats not true, it was on offer at 1.57 for the past 3 weeks and still is in our local tesco... only got a few again yesterday. it was never reduced on the tesco website! :mad:

Also, that point of most in store offers in tesco not appearing on the tesco website (online shopping) has been highlighted by the consumer show on RTE.

Its not fair really if you are a tesco online shopper! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

snubbleste wrote: »
    I checked again today, that product is €3.15 in my store which is a normal Tesco store. Maybe not all stores have harmonised promotions then?
    Checked the one with this barcode in my local tescos and coming up as 3.15 also no persil at 2.29/
    . These offers could be store specific, sometimes lines get discontinued out of some stores bit not others. They reduce them to get rid of them, that would explain why they are not on the website.
    Used Sqeez coupons, worked a treat. Used carefree coupons, worked a treat too. Checkout girl refused the potato coupons as more than the price was not going to argue with her as had my 4 year old and 5 year old with me, but will go back on Monday:rolleyes: So got her to deduct the potatoes from my shopping, to be honest I felt she was taking my couponing personally, like I was getting one over on her! Had given a vanish coupon to the women in front of me as she was buying it anyway will try different checkout person next time, :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Hi I picked this up in tesco parnell street this morning for 1.57 less 1.50 pigsback coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Antibac wrote: »
    Hi I picked this up in tesco parnell street this morning for 1.57 less 1.50 pigsback coupon
    Access wrote: »
    Thats not true, it was on offer at 1.57 for the past 3 weeks and still is in our local tesco... only got a few again yesterday. it was never reduced on the tesco website

OK Apologies. I actually thought it had been on the website at €1.57. There was none in my local Tesco this morning and presumed it was finished

€1 off Mi Wadi on the centra facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

€1 off Mi Wadi on the centra facebook page

can you post link pls. thanks

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »

unfortunately no. as you need to have a facebook account to view to centra FB page. So no direct linky.

Some couponers on here use a second FB account just for getting coupons and liking pages for competitions etc. instead of spamming up their own FB pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

leitirmeas wrote: »
    Checked the one with this barcode in my local tescos and coming up as 3.15 also no persil at 2.29/
    . These offers could be store specific, sometimes lines get discontinued out of some stores bit not others. They reduce them to get rid of them, that would explain why they are not on the website.
    Used Sqeez coupons, worked a treat. Used carefree coupons, worked a treat too. Checkout girl refused the potato coupons as more than the price was not going to argue with her as had my 4 year old and 5 year old with me, but will go back on Monday:rolleyes: So got her to deduct the potatoes from my shopping, to be honest I felt she was taking my couponing personally, like I was getting one over on her! Had given a vanish coupon to the women in front of me as she was buying it anyway will try different checkout person next time, :o

Went into tesco today and tried my coupons on the self service checkout. Used the potatoe and carefree coupons and they worked no bother. So try the self service next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

unfortunately no. as you need to have a facebook account to view to centra FB page. So no direct linky.

Some couponers on here use a second FB account just for getting coupons and liking pages for competitions etc. instead of spamming up their own FB pages.

I meant the link for centra facebook page..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

lau1247 wrote: »

Here ya go!

CouponPrint4.jpg

• Advertisement

Folks,

Anyone with the pgisback vouchers for comfort or persil

Dunnes have a specials on both

Comfort > Retail €3.99 > Special offer €1.99 > With voucher, goes down to €0.99

Persil > Retail €5.26 . Special offer €4.00 > With voucher, goes down to €2.00

I stocked up on a years supply yesterday, the auld wan at the till was laughing, especially when I got killenn stuff for free also....happy days

P.S. - Tirrabella, you're my new fav person! Thank you for starting this

jenno86 wrote: »
    Here ya go!

CouponPrint4.jpg

Now thats handy... how did you do that... was it a screen grab or something?

I tried a screen grab but the bloody thing wouldnt work earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hello hello! Saved almost 60% on general shopping today, happy days!

For the ladies in here: Dove Beauty Finish (for which we posted a coupon here of 1 euro) and other Dove deodorants and products (for which we have a 50 cents coupon here) are discounted half price in Tesco. Paid 1.50 for 2 deos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Dettol trigger on offer @ 1.97 in tesco. Pigsback coupon for 1euro off. 97c pretty good value. Anyone know when new pigsback coupons due?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Didn't know about the Axa card, so must remember that the next time, my other half is insured with them. He knew about it, but never uses it. Yeah I can see that some of the furniture is reduced, but not the set we want, so will have to wait for it to be reduced again. It's €299 at present, so I'm fecked if I'm paying that. We have the same set already but want a 2nd one because of all the barbeques we've been having in this lovely summer weather :rolleyes:
    The AXA card is handy enough - only place I use it is Halfords - but it's sweet to get 15% off - and while there are exclusions (eg SatNavs) it seems to work on everything else - even stuff that is on offer (and probably works for bikes too).
    BTW - even if you don't have an AXA card, (and you can just show your AXA insurance cert off the windscreen if you forget yours) - there's a "corporate discount" button on the till that the bored sale person will press if you make any kind of decent noise about a discount - that gives the same discount. Halfords probably have deals with outfits like Hertz and ESB and suchlike for "company discounts" and don't seem to bothered about seeing proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

About splitting the thread, I was thinking the same yesterday for the same reasons but I also thought personally I prefer to have everything in one place, the coupons and the offers alerts and the general advice etc, it's handier for me.

Hi Tirabaralla.

Well maybe you might consider some way of helping the actual offers/coupons stand out from the general chat. Maybe if people could be encouraged to put titles in when posting new offers? You might need to amend the forum title to something like "Coupons and Offers (Please title any new offer posts)". What do you think?

About splitting the thread, I was thinking the same yesterday for the same reasons but I also thought personally I prefer to have everything in one place, the coupons and the offers alerts and the general advice etc, it's handier for me.

Hi Tirabaralla.

Well maybe you might consider some way of helping the actual offers/coupons stand out from the general chat. Maybe if people could be encouraged to put titles in when posting new offers? You might need to amend the forum title to something like "Coupons and Offers (Please title any new offer posts)". What do you think?

Hey Peter D. :) sorry my inbox is full, I have more than 200 pvts to delete in order to have new space and it's taking me a while. You can write me on my profile if u want.

This said, I think your idea is brilliant... If only I could understand how/get to change the title! I will try again now. Anyway I was thinking to ask to title coupons post, not offers posts, would that make things easier?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If only I could understand how/get to change the title! I will try again now. Anyway I was thinking to ask to title coupons post, not offers posts, would that make things easier?

Whatever you decide to do, let me know by PM as I don't check this thread. I can change the title for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The thread title is fine, the thread is fine as it is.
    Consider collating the coupons with their links in alpahabetical/date order in the first post and editing that post every couple of weeks as coupons expire or arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Just a note to other couponers who had the issue with Finish coupons, after I complained to Finish about thier website not letting me download the voucher and fobbing me off with an excuse that the offer was over, they sent me the coupons in the post today.

Valid until 20/7.

• Advertisement

The thread title is fine, the thread is fine as it is.
    Consider collating the coupons with their links in alpahabetical/date order in the first post and editing that post every couple of weeks as coupons expire or arise.

I cannot modify the first post in any way, hence why a mod offered to do the title for me, so I cannot keep only relevant coupons in first post.
    Why you wouldn't agree with asking people to title posts with coupons links or sightings? Not my best day today and I feel a bit slow, sorry guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Hello hello! Saved almost 60% on general shopping today, happy days!

For the ladies in here: Dove Beauty Finish (for which we posted a coupon here of 1 euro) and other Dove deodorants and products (for which we have a 50 cents coupon here) are discounted half price in Tesco. Paid 1.50 for 2 deos!
    Hello thanks for this but cant find the Dove coupons?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Just back from Supervalue. Saved €14 on a total of €103. Strangely, there was no Cushelle on the shelves. One of the shelf stackers said there's be a run on it over the weekend... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

leitirmeas wrote: »
    Hello thanks for this but cant find the Dove coupons?
    Thanks

Here is a link to the post about the Dove coupons - you need to like them on facebook.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72822641&postcount=208

I spotted in the centra instore flyer that centra are doing all goodfellas deep pan pizzas for €2 instead of €3.57

There was a coupon on the centra FB page for €1.50 off goodfellas valid till 30th June 2011 (This Thursday)

Making the pizza 50 cent!!!

I got two today for €1! as i had a couple of these printed and in my wallet.

The coupon is on the Centra FB page... could someone post the coupon up here for everyone to print please.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Here's the coupon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Is couponing coming to an end ?

Bubblegum.ie
    Hearing several reports of some stores now refusing to accept coupons. Could you please post here if this happens to you or you are embarrassed any way by a manager or assistant in a store. We'll compile a list & contact the head offices & let them know their staff may require training in keeping customers.

My coupons were refused today, the reason being the product I was trying to buy was already on offer at less than half-price. I just said fine and left the products behind. At the end of the day, it's the store's discretion.
    It's happened a few times in the last decade. I remember when pigsback first did coupons for stuff like Kelloggs, Cuisinedefrance, Entenmanns etc., stores would'nt accept them because they were b&w or they had a high value like €1.

Companies issue coupons only to get the customer to try their product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

My coupons were refused today, the reason being the product I was trying to buy was already on offer at less than half-price. I just said fine and left the products behind. At the end of the day, it's the store's discretion.

what product this happen on snubbleste ?

Incidentally just back from Tesco, Squeez Benefits cranberry is on special down from €1.99 to 99c plus use 50c big als voucher.

Also picked up a couple of the Persil small and mighty's for 29c with the €2 todayfm vouchers no questions asked.

OT but Cadburys fingers are on a double special down to 99c and 2 for 1 :D

• Advertisement

what product this happen on snubbleste ?
    Actimel 12pack in a local supermarket in Galway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement