Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

DBF wrote: »
    My local Centra wouldn't take the pizza coupons yesterday as they "had the pizzas on special offer instead".
    :(
    Has anyone else had this response?

Says on the bottom of the coupon 'cannot be used in conjunction with other offers'

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DBF

Dovies wrote: »
    Says on the bottom of the coupon 'cannot be used in conjunction with other offers'

Yes, I know, but other posters have availed of the offer, using the coupons on the €2 pizzas, so just thought I'd ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Every shop seems to have their own way of doing things - eagle eyed staff or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

eliza64 wrote: »
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/5/269.aspx?pbq=6408%2c6408%2cVOVC+
    All Pigsback.com members will be getting an extra special treat - €10 off when you spend €20 at any Petstop Superstore in Dublin or Cork. Just print the voucher below and present it at your nearest store! Easy savings!

I printed this voucher twice (same security ID printed).

So you think I can use each of these vouchers on two different transactions????

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I printed this voucher twice (same security ID printed).

So you think I can use each of these vouchers on two different transactions????

I'd say yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

My mother tried to use a Killeen voucher this morning and was told Tesco aren't accepting them any more.

http://www.loveirishfood.ie/coupons.aspx

Here's a few more coupons

€1 off Barry's Tea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My mother tried to use a Killeen voucher this morning and was told Tesco aren't accepting them any more.

That's been reported in the past, hopefully some stores still accept (I'll know tomorrow if mine does!!)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Bought a can of Dove for the wife today for .27c in Tesco (half price and €1 off coupon from facebook).
    Also, comfort, buy one get one free (two €1 vouchers) so paid €2.69 for 2 new colours ones.

Also bought wedges and soup and spices which I hadn't intended to but sure the discounts made it worth my while. :D

I don't know why shops are refusing coupons or refusing to take them against a product that already has a reduction.

My understanding of coupons is that they are issued by the producer of the product. After they are accepted by a shop they are then returned to the producer for a reimbursement.

OR have I got this wrong????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 DBF

I don't know why shops are refusing coupons or refusing to take them against a product that already has a reduction.

My understanding of coupons is that they are issued by the producer of the product. After they are accepted by a shop they are then returned to the producer for a reimbursement.

No, I think you are right. The coupons that I posted about previously (Goodfellas pizza coupons for Centra) state at the bottom that the retailer will be reimbursed by Green Isle Foods.

So, I don't why either! Seems like it would just bring more business to their shops if they accepted them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

But the promotional offers e.g. half price, are borne by the manufacturer usually and not the retailer. Thus the manufacturer is taking a haircut twice. Now whilst this does not affect the retailer per se, they are probably just sticking by the rules, as maybe the manufacturer can track whether they were used during a promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

But the promotional offers e.g. half price, are borne by the manufacturer usually and not the retailer. Thus the manufacturer is taking a haircut twice. Now whilst this does not affect the retailer per se, they are probably just sticking by the rules, as maybe the manufacturer can track whether they were used during a promotion?

This is one of the points the national consumer agency makes about using coupons -

"Watch out for special offers and two-for-one deals on products you regularly use, and stock up when your items are on special offer"

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/ConsumerValue/Groceries/coupons.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    That's been reported in the past, hopefully some stores still accept (I'll know tomorrow if mine does!!)
    Tesco Athlone took it no problem this morning, must be store specific

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

I've been couponing for few weeks now and most of the time it depends on the staff. Not once has been our coupon refused(Tesco's on Baggot street, both of them), although my gf has had some troubles in different stores, but it's still worth the hassle imho.
    to the topic, actimel 12pack is on sale for 3.35 in Tesco, you can bring it down to 2.35 with the coupon. Danacol 6pack was on sale for 3 quid and you can bring it down to 1 using the coupon.
    Also, I saw Vanish for 1.57 still so look around in your shops as you can get them for 7 cents using the pigsback coupon.
    Flora cuisine is on sale in Dunnes for 1.09, which is an amazing price already(it's awesome for cooking, worth trying) and my gf had some coupons for 1quid off Flora cuisine, so if you have them go and use them! We got 4 of them for 36 cents, their normal retail price is 2.09 each.
    Also, activia 4pack can be bought for as little as 90 cents if you use your 1 euro off coupon.
    I havent drank any other milk than Avonmore supermilk since I've discovered this thread :D 70cents off makes it cheaper than any other milk out there, needless to say it's a decent milk.
    Sqeez Cranberry juice is still on special for 99c and with Big Al's coupons you can bring it down to 49. Whoever didnt print out Big Al's coupons should do so, they're not just for burgers, there is more of them, for avonmore cream, juice and such..

great job everyone so far, hopefully they will keep coming our way :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dolihalix wrote: »
    Flora cuisine is on sale in Dunnes for 1.09, which is an amazing price already(it's awesome for cooking, worth trying) and my gf had some coupons for 1quid off Flora cuisine, so if you have them go and use them! We got 4 of them for 36 cents, their normal retail price is 2.09 each.
    I havent drank any other milk than Avonmore supermilk since I've discovered this thread :D 70cents off makes it cheaper than any other milk out there, needless to say it's a decent milk

The 1.75l avonmore milk works out @ 74c/l, so the same as own brand milk..the coupon seems to be gone from pigsback.
    Where did you get the coupons for Flora Cuisine?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

snubbleste wrote: »
    The 1.75l avonmore milk works out @ 74c/l, so the same as own brand milk..the coupon seems to be gone from pigsback.
    Where did you get the coupons for Flora Cuisine?

yep, it's gone but I still have loads and I'm sure someone will post it as a pdf if you ask nicely. just asked my gf about the Flora ones and she says her uncle found them in Dunnes and reckons they're prob gone by now..it's worth asking in the shop tho, that offer finishes next week and they will be back to 2.09 then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Shopped in SQ today, they have the large size persil half price @6.37, pigsback have €2 off this bringing it down to a third of rrp. They also have a 241 on comfort small wash at 3.50, used 2 x €1 off on this. Cushelle was accepted at face value & I used 2 x Killeen on €12 worth of bin bags (about a years worth !!). The girl scrutinised everything though & made me show her the items after they'd been packed when I was paying instead of just checking her screen which made me feel a little uncomfortable. Gonna write to them & see what they say.

Only noticed afterwards that facebook.com/bubblegum.ie had posted about a Barrys tea coupon & price promo combo I could have used but didnt know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

dont think I can post the pdf of pigsback "milk coupon" as it has my name on it.
    but if it wont get me into trouble I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Just emailed SQ. Will update if the get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

daytob wrote: »
    dont think I can post the pdf of pigsback "milk coupon" as it has my name on it. but if it wont get me into trouble I can

It won't get you in trouble. It'll be noted that you must be rich enough to go to all the supermarkets in the country :D

Tbh, that superquinn checkout operator was only doing her job. I recommed everyone hand over their coupons upfront before anything scans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is a notice on pigsback that their coupons are only usable in dunnes tesco supervalue and superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

When do pigsback release new vouchers -would love if someone would post pdf of the Avonmore Milk voucher.... at the time i just printed off 2 and it seems to have disappeared from pigback now .:(

Used a few coupons in Tesco today, and she really scrtuinized them, the only one that i didnt think id get away with was the carefree one, down to .79cent, got them for .9cent:D

Thanks for that daytob...:)

anytime,

what I would suggest you do is google a pdf printer. that way instead of printing them straight away you have them saved to your pc. so you can print any amount anytime you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Just saw an ad for Spar in the North - £2 for 2 Goodfellas pizzas. We get €2 a pizza and think we're getting a good deal. Shoulda used more Centra vouchers while I had a chance!

i have it now saved to my desktop, thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

daytob wrote: »
    pigsback coupons.

mods if this is wrong please delete

daytob; I'd remove that PDF if I was you. Apparantly you can get banned for fraudulently using the coupons and if people are using the coupons that are registered to you, your account will be banned on Pigsback (and manufacturers will probably not reimburse the shop which would lead to the shop stopping the acception of coupons), just a heads up.

I cant delete it, can a mod do it please?

Deleted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

snubbleste wrote: »
    The 1.75l avonmore milk works out @ 74c/l, so the same as own brand milk..the coupon seems to be gone from pigsback.?

The Avonmore coupon is gone from Pigsback but there is an Avonmore Milk coupon available on facebook. This coupon is for 30cent off 1 and 2 litre light Milk. It's valid until 30th July 2012, so if you use this milk it's worth saving this voucher and using it for the next y.ear and a half

http://www.facebook.com/AvonmoreMilk?sk=app_112778762140997

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement