Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco has 33% off a lot of the Comfort Fabric Conditioners and Softeners bringing them down to €2.49 until the end of the month, and there's a coupon on Pigsback for €1 off the whole Comfort range, could be a good time to stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

got comfort today in tesco,,42 wash i think,,€4.69 buy one get one free and used 2 x€1 coupon off and ended up paying €2.69 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Tesco Portlaoise turned down the county crest vouchers yesterday saying they didnt apply to all of the country crest range (baby potatoes 49cent).

they are awfully abrupt you would swear im trying to rob them when i hand them coupons / vouchers.

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

tantipie wrote: »
    got comfort today in tesco,,42 wash i think,,€4.69 buy one get one free and used 2 x€1 coupon off and ended up paying €2.69 :D

I think dunnes is cheaper.. bought one over the weekend and only came to 99 cents

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

neonitrix wrote: »
    Tesco Portlaoise turned down the county crest vouchers yesterday saying they didnt apply to all of the country crest range (baby potatoes 49cent).

they are awfully abrupt you would swear im trying to rob them when i hand them coupons / vouchers.

neonitrix

I had been wondering if this would happen - on the voucher it says it's limited to a certain few Country Crest products but at the very top of the Pigsback coupon page it advertises 50c off the whole range. I just used mine for the potatoes at the self-scan checkouts and they went through no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

lau1247 wrote: »
    I think dunnes is cheaper.. bought one over the weekend and only came to 99 cents
    it is ya,,bought those the past few weeks but for some reason this morn i had thought they were only a 24 wash,,was after i got home and checked that i saw they the same ah well no more for me for the next year,,bring on the next bargain!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lifestyle

There was no problem using the Killeen five euro voucher this evening in Tesco, checkout girl just scanned voucher and it went through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jonny.torres

Hey all, new to boards but I have enjoyed reading this section. Does the Kileen voucher scan at the self service till in Tesco?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lifestyle

Hey all, new to boards but I have enjoyed reading this section. Does the Kileen voucher scan at the self service till in Tesco?:confused:

Well it scanned when the lady put it through so Id say it would be no problem at the self - service. I got 30 refuse bags for 22 cent!
    I didnt see any other Killeen products

Any time I've used it at the self service it brings up a 'wait for assistance' message - girl just checked it and put it through for me each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

When you use the self service, what do you do with the coupons?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

When you use the self service, what do you do with the coupons?

There is a slot at the Tesco checkout for coupons. Once you have scanned the coupon the screen gives you a message to insert your coupon.

From my experience the coupon can sometimes go into the slot but the system does not register it. This sometimes happens if there are a lot of coupons already inserted. If this happens - push the coupon further in with another piece of paper, you keys, etc.

Hope this helps.

Also - if you try to use more than two coupons of any type in Tesco - these will need to be approved. Two coupons normally go though the self service checkouts without the need for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

regards to the plenty coupon, sent a scorpy email off to the company who then sent me a really nice voucher :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Picked some up in a spar store for 65c off next purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Pigsback.com have a new coupon on their site.85 cents off any of the Hellmans range.I got a bottle of honey and mustard dressing which was on sale for €1 in Tesco.Only cost me 15 cents with the coupon!:D Must stock up with some more!

sexymama

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

regards to the plenty coupon, sent a scorpy email off to the company who then sent me a really nice voucher eek.gif

Nice one, I sent them a scorpy e-mail too, but I just got a 50p/60c voucher back in the post :mad::mad::mad::p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

vicwatson wrote: »
    Nice one, I sent them a scorpy e-mail too, but I just got a 50p/60c voucher back in the post :mad::mad::mad::p

I think what Daytob meant was the coupon featured Mr. Plenty wearing very very little :D

Got two Tesco spits today - 30 points when you buy a Tesco sandwich and a 50c off Tesco 2l milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

snubbleste wrote: »
    I think what Daytob meant was the coupon featured Mr. Plenty wearing very very little :D

Got two Tesco spits today - 30 points when you buy a Tesco sandwich and a 50c off Tesco 2l milk.

What's a spit?? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

et101 wrote: »
    What's a spit?? :confused:

When the receipt machine prints out a voucher after your receipt. They are colloquially called till spits or technically a clubcard bonus. They appear to be linked to your clubcard usage/purchasing habits but not the amount you spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got two spit myself the last day, 70 CC Points when you buy a Tesco ready meal and 50 when you buy Avonmore 2ltr Milk. 120 Clubcard points was fairly good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

snubbleste wrote: »
    When the receipt machine prints out a voucher after your receipt. They are colloquially called till spits or technically a clubcard bonus. They appear to be linked to your clubcard usage/purchasing habits but not the amount you spend.

I got one for 100 points if I spend 4.50 or over on fresh fruit and veg, someone must've highjacked my account! Haha. Anyone know if the self service tills give you these spits or do you only get them from a manned till?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Hello these are on offer in Dunnes 2 euros for the 20 slice pack, which I think is normally about 3.15. The sales assistant let me use my coupons for 1 euro of a pack. I got the coupons on here with the Big Als coupon. So 1 euro a packet, which is great so got 5 :rolleyes: as my son loves these

got 2 of those spits too.
    one was for 100 free points with any sandwich. got a chicken sambo reduced to 55c :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

re this couponing and printing the coupons off online for the shop!
    What amout the ink from the printer! some of these coupons seem to use a hell of a lot of ink :( i dont see the big savings then on some of them:confused:

I use a mono toner printer. only cost me 50 euros and the toner cartridge was 50 euros roughly.
    the full toner cartridge prints roughly 1500 pages, so with all I have saved with persil and comfort it has paid for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I think what Daytob meant was the coupon featured Mr. Plenty wearing very very little biggrin.gif

Hmmm:p

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Lol Ya im thinking about ones like this - http://www.barbq.ie/downloads/hellmanns_voucher.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

daytob wrote: »
    I use a mono toner printer. only cost me 50 euros and the toner cartridge was 50 euros roughly.
    the full toner cartridge prints roughly 1500 pages, so with all I have saved with persil and comfort it has paid for itself

And you can of course use any paper that has only been printed on one side. Just make sure there is no personal information on the reverse of the coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Whitehawk wrote: »
    Lol Ya im thinking about ones like this - http://www.barbq.ie/downloads/hellmanns_voucher.pdf

Change your printer settings to just print the coupon(page 2) and put 2 pages per page.....Uses 2/3 less ink!

166144.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

I was in the tesco homewares section and picked up a small (7"x4") plastic divider file with tabs at the top which can be labelled for e1.99 and it has a secure fastener on the outside to stop the coupons from falling out or getting wet. I find this is a great little thing because I can take all the coupons with me in case something is reduced that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement