Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Change your printer settings to just print the coupon(page 2) and put 2 pages per page.....Uses 2/3 less ink!

166144.JPG
    good idia on the 2pages per page thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

meg3178 wrote: »
    I was in the tesco homewares section and picked up a small (7"x4") plastic divider file with tabs at the top which can be labelled for e1.99 and it has a secure fastener on the outside to stop the coupons from falling out or getting wet. I find this is a great little thing because I can take all the coupons with me in case something is reduced that day.

That's a lovely idea will have a look on Saturday as probably my Tesco dont stock these things

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

I was in the tesco homewares section and picked up a small (7"x4") plastic divider file with tabs at the top which can be labelled for e1.99 and it has a secure fastener on the outside to stop the coupons from falling out or getting wet. I find this is a great little thing because I can take all the coupons with me in case something is reduced that day.

Thats a great idea, I've been looking for something to keep all of my coupons safe and easy to find. There has been some great couponing tips on here and i'm glad I found this site :)

Buy any 12" or 16" Apache Pizza and get a second pizza absolutely FREE.

http://www.clicknsave.ie/couponDetails.asp?CID=7&BizID=5

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Was going to ask how ppl kept their coupons organised so I love this! :D

Well done for the thread although OH will prob never come shopping with me ever again... its taken 2 days to read it all the way thru and print/save relevant vouchers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

ali09 wrote: »
    easisingles 20 pack, €1 downloadable coupon at easisingles.ie

on sale at €2.00 in Dunnes - Pigsback 1 Euro Coupon = €1.00

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Buy any 12" or 16" Apache Pizza and get a second pizza absolutely FREE.

http://www.clicknsave.ie/couponDetai...?CID=7&BizID=5

Clicknsave - tried to click and save on the 20% off paint in Woodies except its just a regular link to woodies website NOT to 20% off paint :(:(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saved about 8 euros today on my shop :)

And then spent €2.29 on an A5..ish pocket folder in Tesco for my coupons:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

ali09 wrote: »
    easisingles 20 pack, €1 downloadable coupon at easisingles.ie

Coupon says it valid until 31st October 2010

That's 2010 not 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

brian_t wrote: »

That's 2010 not 2011

BigAls also have a 1 euro off easysingles cheese

http://www.bigals.ie/_uploads/documents/promo-vouchers/A4_Coupons_2011_B.pdf

which is valid

• Advertisement

That's 2010 not 2011
    So it dose and thats right off easisingles website :rolleyes:

neonitrix wrote: »
    BigAls also have a 1 euro off easysingles cheese

http://www.bigals.ie/_uploads/documents/promo-vouchers/A4_Coupons_2011_B.pdf

which is valid
    thanks will use this one and not one on easisingles site, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Some news over at bubblegum about superquinn & coupons & american style initiatives

Woo hoo, bring on the double coupons !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Anyone know the story with coupons when you get your groceries delivered with tesco?

Do you put in the coupon on the site or does the delivery man scan them and take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

maiden wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with coupons when you get your groceries delivered with tesco?

Do you put in the coupon on the site or does the delivery man scan them and take them?

Afaik they cannot be used when shopping online. There is a place to enter a code for clubcard vouchers otherwise, I do not think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

picked up 2 boxes of Big Als burgers today,,1/4 pounder ones,,on special in Dunnes for €2.50 and used my €1 coupon on so in total cost me €3 for 2 boxes,,think the coupon was from big al's bbq coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Classic bit of couponing today. Used the Danacol voucher for €2 off (again) and as they are on offer for €3 atm in Tesco, thats €1 for six bottles. This time though I had a Tesco points coupon for 125 points when I bought Danacol so effectively Tesco gave me 25c to buy the six pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just used the persil €2 voucher from todayFm to get persil Small and mighty non Bio CAPSULES 10 pack that was on offer for €2.29 in Tesco
    net price 29 cent
    product doesn't seem to be on website, so it may be a discontinued line.

http://www.todayfm.com/Libraries/Today_FM_Documents/Persil_Voucher.sflb

Just went through this thread now and found this coupon, thanks CH3OH

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Back from a boards hiatus, dunno if someone else posted this yet: https://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/bold/coupon.aspx?campaign=julynewsletter&channel=email-0711w1&segment=bold_link_graphic#

Hope it works for you, gonna read all I missed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thread has gone a bit quiet

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Currently on offer in tesco for €1.35
    Pigsback have a €1 off dettol triggers
    so net price 35 cent worth stocking up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Used the kileen voucher today as well as a few others saved 10 euro off my shopping :):):)

also can i ask what way people save vouchers from pigsback to their home pc?i want to save them and send them via email to my work imail and print them from there,have intranet in work not internet otherwise id just print them straight from the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

glic83 wrote: »
    Used the kileen voucher today as well as a few others saved 10 euro off my shopping :):):)

also can i ask what way people save vouchers from pigsback to their home pc?i want to save them and send them via email to my work imail and print them from there,have intranet in work not internet otherwise id just print them straight from the net.

Cute PDF does the job. It shows up like a normal printer, but you have the option to save it instead of printing. So, save a few PDFs, email them to yourself and Bob's yer uncle! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Cute PDF does the job. It shows up like a normal printer, but you have the option to save it instead of printing. So, save a few PDFs, email them to yourself and Bob's yer uncle! :)

Nice 1 thats worked a treat just sent them all to my work imail, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Disappointed with Tesco the other day, handed in my coupons and the operator said she'd heve to "check" with someone about them. Left me and others for nearly five minutes. My Danone coupons would not scan so I was left with them and my pigsback McCambridge 60c voucher wouldn't scan either, she said this was because of the security code??? It must have been used before, I explained that they can be re-used and she told me once only! I was so p.....d off with the delay that I took her word for it.

Oh, she also wanted to know where I got the Danone ones:mad:

I felt like I was trying to get away with something underhanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

messy543 wrote: »
    The Supervalu in my area did not accept it saying only vouchers that could be sent to supervalu can be accepted- whatever that meant. She and the manager made a big issue about it.
    It was quite embarrassing as all the people were watching and I am standing there proving my innocence (made me feel a criminal) :mad:

Well you see this is what you do in situations like this :rolleyes: An eye for an eye. They make you feel like a criminal? Then scream and shout your way to embarrass them further than they did to you. Take all your shopping out one by one and tell them you demand a refund on all items as you wouldn't be caught dead shopping there again. Lemme tell ya- they'll think twice about accepting a meesly 50 cent voucher again, especially when they have to refund your items one by one, scan them through the till, get a managers approval etc etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

lee4892 wrote: »
    Well you see this is what you do in situations like this :rolleyes: An eye for an eye. They make you feel like a criminal? Then scream and shout your way to embarrass them further than they did to you. Take all your shopping out one by one and tell them you demand a refund on all items as you wouldn't be caught dead shopping there again. Lemme tell ya- they'll think twice about accepting a meesly 50 cent voucher again, especially when they have to refund your items one by one, scan them through the till, get a managers approval etc etc. :D

As far as I know Pigsback vouchers cannot be re-used a fresh coupon has to clicked on and printed everytime.

Shop managers are well within their rights to check all coupons to make sure they are not been used fraudulently and by so doing they will help keep the suppliers continuing to offer coupons.

In relation to your advice if the coupons hadn't yet been accepted then the shopper hadn't yet paid for anything so a refund wouldn't apply for any of the items returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

As far as I know Pigsback vouchers cannot be re-used a fresh coupon has to clicked on and printed everytime.

Shop managers are well within their rights to check all coupons to make sure they are not been used fraudulently and by so doing they will help keep the suppliers continuing to offer coupons.

In relation to your advice if the coupons hadn't yet been accepted then the shopper hadn't yet paid for anything so a refund wouldn't apply for any of the items returned.

No that doesn't really apply as it's the same name and barcode everytime you click so printing out one everytime you log on doesn't really do any different than printing a bunch off at the same time :) I've used Pigsback vouchers since the site opened and have always just printed a bunch and then reused them until the date was up.

Yup they are but they do not have any right to accuse, embarrass or not be polite to any customer in their store. Especially someone who is a local. I don't see any reason why someone should be suspected as a fraudster when using coupons, afterall they're there to be used (some do not have a limit) and it is just a meesly 20,30,50 cent to maximum E2 off an item, this is hardly going to break the shop's budget, but can save a shopper quite a bit.

Actually you're always advised to present the coupon before shopping goes through the till but coupons are almost only accepted at the end when your shopping has already gone through. From the explanation by the shopper above, I suspect they where only humiliated after paying for their shopping and was only then awaiting approval of the coupon. So therefore, they are well within their right to demand a refund of the shopping if they've been treated unfairly in that particular store. If they've been humiliated and embarrassed by a member of the store it is up to the store to apologise on behalf of the staff member doing the embarrassing, in this case (I think) it was actually the manager of the store! That is ridiculous and if it were me, I'd make a complete and utter scene so they'd think twice about how they treat the next person.

So as per my advice, a refund would apply and would most definitely be warranted IMO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

CH3OH wrote: »
    Thread has gone a bit quiet

Was thinking that myself... could it be that we have used up all available coupons in Ireland? - All 10 of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Used the 85c pigsback voucher for hellmans 3 times tonight on 3 products! Great value as they are reduced to €1.14 so I got all 3 varieties! Great at 29c per mayo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Disappointed with Tesco the other day, handed in my coupons and the operator said she'd heve to "check" with someone about them. Left me and others for nearly five minutes. My Danone coupons would not scan so I was left with them and my pigsback McCambridge 60c voucher wouldn't scan either, she said this was because of the security code??? It must have been used before, I explained that they can be re-used and she told me once only! I was so p.....d off with the delay that I took her word for it.

Oh, she also wanted to know where I got the Danone ones:mad:

I felt like I was trying to get away with something underhanded.

Check out some of the store responses to that problem on bubblegum.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement