Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

can you scan through coupons at the self service tils yourself ??

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

davehey79 wrote: »
    can you scan through coupons at the self service tils yourself ??

Yes but most stores only allow you to self scan 2 vouchers, then you will need to call an assistant!

went into tesco last night got persil small and mighty liquid, 2x 42 wash comfort fabric conditioner on the bogof offer and persil 2 in 1 with comfort using my vouchers for the princely sum of 6.97 well pleased (as was OH when i told her how lirttle for so much). Tesco Longford i went to btw id say i could have handed the lady 100 vouchers and she wouldnt of batted an eyelid. Must try the killeen one tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah totally agree, as long as they scan work away. The only thing is if you dont have the exact item on the voucher it will not scan. Also, try have the vouchers ready. I had a lady last night that produced a little folder of vouchers when I had everything in her bags and started flicking through them I didn't care but the person behind asked her to hurry up !.

Its so much easier to hand a bunch of voucher to the cashier and if they scan they'll be used if not they'll be handed back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its so much easier to hand a bunch of voucher to the cashier and if they scan they'll be used if not they'll be handed back.

See then you run the risk of being 'embarrassed' or worse by the cashier/supervisor for trying to use a coupon on something you have not bought. Earlier posts have confirmed that this happens.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    See then you run the risk of being 'embarrassed' or worse by the cashier/supervisor for trying to use a coupon on something you have not bought. Earlier posts have confirmed that this happens.

well as she scanned the items through i said i have some coupons for those items and she took the coupons and the money off me and scanned all through no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

This one is probably up already but no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

supervalu money off vouchers arrived this morning BUT does anyone know if i can use my SIL's vouchers? even though i also have my own card? and my own vouchers as well. T&Cs says entitles the holder to the value shown
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Went to Tesco today and cashier tried to tell my, that she can't scan one of the coupons as I hadn't bought the item. Simply took it out of my trolley and showed her to prov that I DID buy that product.
    Simple "human error": they may not remember everything they scan through ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

supervalu money off vouchers arrived this morning BUT does anyone know if i can use my SIL's vouchers? even though i also have my own card? and my own vouchers as well. T&Cs says entitles the holder to the value shown
    thanks

What are the Supervalu vouchers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got the supervalu vouchers too, they are store specific and I'd say they are probably linked to your own account.

A few things accross the Kileen line seem are reduced in Tesco, cloths, scourers, sponges, disposable gloves are the only ones I remember but there are probably more.

Also the carefree liners are BOGOF in Tesco so using two of the vouchers gets you 2 packets for about 20c:)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Can anyone possibly give me a link to the Killeen voucher that I can print off directly - have tried and failed to print it loads of times and I soooo want those freebies:) ... pretty please!

Only wrote: »
    Can anyone possibly give me a link to the Killeen voucher that I can print off directly - have tried and failed to print it loads of times and I soooo want those freebies:) ... pretty please!

Find the google doc link posted earlier, then download it as a pdf and print.

Sorry - don't fully understand how to do what you're telling me:o ... I'm clicking on the link but when I try to print its printing on 2 pages even when I set it to shrink to fit ... I tried resizing it in Pictures but then it becomes unreadable so not sure what I should be doing:confused:

Click File in the top left, then Download Original, then Open

Click File in the top left, then Download Original, then Open

Ah, how easy is that when you know how:o .. thanks a million!!! I have printed it in Black & White (out of colour ink) so hopefully there won't be any hassle them taking it now

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

chocolate mikado 1.99p in dunnes with pigsback 1.00e coupon only 99p.
    not worth the 99p imo. only 8 biscuits and sickly sweet. the first time i opened a pack of biscuits and only ate one.

if anyone is using the BOGOF on the comforts in Tesco BEWARE

i bought 6 this morning, 4 purple, 2 white

it scanned 3 purple @469 and 3 @3.99

in effect i qualified for

1 x BOGOF
    1 x Buy 2 for E6.50

and no offer on the other 2 bottles

so basically check your receipt carefully

net effect, for the ones which were charged at 2 for E6.50 i got refund of E1.81 (6.50-4.69) x 2 (twice the difference) = 3.82 + the original E2 coupons had already gone through so achieved savings E5.82

so basically got the BOGOF for Free and got E1.00 credit on shopping as well

now has anyone actually managed to buy the Big Als for E1.55 in store, (as quoted on the tesco on line) as they are definately scanning at E4 in store

and also re the supervalu vouchers, my voucher is e10back on e70 spend, so is that e70 before i start using my coupons? as hoping to maybe get more washing powder as additional 14% off with my voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

As I was told in Tesco Gorey that you have to buy the same product to avail of the BOGOF Offer.

i.e x2 Comfort Brights Whites or x2 Comfort Brights Colours.

I have been also checking in Tesco for the Big Al's Big Eats and they are showing @ 4.00 on the self scan aswel. Maybe its only an online offer or mistake?

Those BigAl burgers are a mistake online. If you read it carefully though it says SAVE 1.55 Was 5.55 Now 4.00

• Advertisement

exactly my point, i had 4 purple and 2 white but it put through 3 @ 4.69 and 3 @ 3.99 and then only gave me 2 offers instead of 3, i went back to the girl at the desk 3 times before i got the money i knew i was due

there is also an offer on mach3 if anyone uses them, BOGOF of 3 pack disposable for E799 considering 4 blades costs E8

and the Sqeez cranberry is 2 for E2.50 on special pack in Dunnes so works out E1.5 for 2 lts

i bought one of the whites and one of the brights and got the euro off on each in tesco longford thats weird

but did you also qualify for the BOGOF and so pay E2.69 for the 2 bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Quick question, do ye print out your coupons in colour or black and white?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Quick question, do ye print out your coupons in colour or black and white?

Doesn't matter so long as you have the barcode on them,mine are all black & white.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

Those BigAl burgers are a mistake online. If you read it carefully though it says SAVE 1.55 Was 5.55 Now 4.00

we actually bought them for 55 cents each using Big Al's coupons :) they were on special FOR 1.55 :)

did you get the big als in store or online?

i have a HUGE bee in my bonnet over this as i was up at 6.30am this morning clipping coupons to get to Tesc* and be back home before kids woke up and could not get the big al's (which incidentally are on offer of E3.81 at the moment at the end of the aisles so if you are charged E4, you can reclaim 2 x the overcharge!!

but did you also qualify for the BOGOF and so pay E2.69 for the 2 bottles

Indeed I did receipt had the offer stated as 4.69 then my 2 coupons off further down the receipt so got the 2 for 2.69

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

did you get the big als in store or online?

we got them in store, the 100% beef ones. Used coupon for buns as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

bigwillie wrote: »
    chocolate mikado 1.99p in dunnes with pigsback 1.00e coupon only 99p.
    not worth the 99p imo. only 8 biscuits and sickly sweet. the first time i opened a pack of biscuits and only ate one.
    Yeah I did the same when SuperValu had them on offer and I had a coupon. Definitely not worth a euro - 8 biscuits laid out flat - there's about 3 times as much packaging used than is needed. And they didn't even taste nice!

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement