Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hellomynameis

Just wondering if the Killeen voucher is still being accepted? I'm going to do my shopping in Tesco tomorrow and don't want to be embarassed. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Yes it is, I've been using it to beat the band!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

i tried using it in my local tesco at the self service and got the please wait for approval. Was standing there for 5 minutes mortified. Do all self service tills do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I used one yesterday in Tescos no bother - she did check every item to make sure first though - mind you I had Comfort, Persil, Hellmans (Pigsback coupon) and the Killeen voucher so had loads - the only one she wouldn't accept was the Vanish one - I tried it on the Vanish liquid but no go ... didn't do too badly with everything else though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Just wondering if the Killeen voucher is still being accepted? I'm going to do my shopping in Tesco tomorrow and don't want to be embarassed. Thanks.

I dunno when you go to there website http://www.killeenhousehold.ie/voucher-closed.htm it reckons the voucher is closed, But still seems to be workin i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

the actual physical voucher ( printed or pdf ) is valid til December 2011 but the promotion has ended is my reading of it so if you have a voucher printed or saved to print i would assume they are legal and valid until December 2011

Thanks I'll try it tomorrow and let you guys know, I also have tesco vouchers, Helmann, & comfort to use

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Only wrote: »
    the only one she wouldn't accept was the Vanish one - I tried it on the Vanish liquid but no go ... didn't do too badly with everything else though:D

I bought Vanish liquid in Dunnes with coupon and was accepted with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

€2 coupon off finish quantum on www.finish.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

You cna use it till end of DEC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

You can use it until the end of December, but I'd imagine they'll hope it'll die down soon, as they're obviously losing a fortune. Can't understand people using it loads of times for the sake of it. I've used 1 so far & may use it once more if I start running low, but wouldn't take the p*ss as I'd hate to see an irish company put out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

stirliz wrote: »
    I bought Vanish liquid in Dunnes with coupon and was accepted with no problem.

Was hoping she would just scan it in Tescos and chances are it would have gone through but she checked every single item and I think by the way she said to me that she wanted to check them that she was under instructions to check everything related to cupons .... will try dunnes next time

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Only wrote: »
    Was hoping she would just scan it in Tescos and chances are it would have gone through but she checked every single item and I think by the way she said to me that she wanted to check them that she was under instructions to check everything related to cupons .... will try dunnes next time

They always check my coupon items in Dunnes and still didn't have problem with Vanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Actually, I've wondered in the past about that;
    Has anyone used the vanish powder/liquid against another Vanish product successfully? Wondering if the coupons would just scan and if they could be used on the self service checkout?

Thing is, over never seen the specified products at either of my local tescos either!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Oral Slang wrote: »
    You can use it until the end of December, but I'd imagine they'll hope it'll die down soon, as they're obviously losing a fortune. Can't understand people using it loads of times for the sake of it. I've used 1 so far & may use it once more if I start running low, but wouldn't take the p*ss as I'd hate to see an irish company put out of business.

i used mine 3or 4 times till someone posted here that they have only 75 people working for them and i thought feck it im not going to be the cause of them losing there jobs,,still have one in my bag for weeks now must throw it out:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

teddy b123 wrote: »
    i tried using it in my local tesco at the self service and got the please wait for approval. Was standing there for 5 minutes mortified. Do all self service tills do this?

I got the same. I said sod this- and started waving my arms at anyone who I thought might be an employee- I got sorted within 30 seconds......

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

tantipie wrote: »
    i used mine 3or 4 times till someone posted here that they have only 75 people working for them and i thought feck it im not going to be the cause of them losing there jobs,,still have one in my bag for weeks now must throw it out:)

I printed one after reading this thread, didn't use it, tore it up and put in bin, didn't feel right about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, that's the way I feel about it. Most of the vouchers on here are just money off so fair game, but this one is basically a lot of free goods. I used it once, as they emailed it to me when I registered.

I printed it off twice more and have the copies in my bag for weeks, which I was planning on giving to my mam & mother in law, but have been putting off giving them to them, because reading here, it seems some people use them a lot, so was worrying about the impact on the company.

It's a great offer, but one that has really been misused in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fehenry

http://www.citydeal.ie/

New coupons/vouchers daily. cracking offers
    I'd recommend this site without a doubt.
    The name is being changed to Groupon but the site content will remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

fehenry wrote: »
    I'd recommend this site without a doubt.
    The name is being changed to Groupon but the site content will remain the same.

would this thread not be more appropriate for money off coupons for supermarkets etc., where i can print the coupon for free and walk in and get money off my shop not buy a deal at a discounted price. not meaning to be rude but thats my understading of couponing thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Folks I've received an email from someone in Killeen asking us to remove the link to their voucher as it was only available for the first 1000 downloads and was then pulled from their site.

So, I have removed the link as a favour to this company because they have made a pretty costly mistake in not making the terms and conditions for this voucher offer clear. I've also pointed out that there is no information on their own website about it being limited to 1000 people or that all vouchers are now null and void or even a notification to say the voucher offer has expired and that simply put, the mistake here has been theirs in not thinking that people were going to save a digital file and reuse it as often as they felt it was valid for.

So to clairfy, the Killeen €5 off voucher offer has expired and the December 2011 closing date printed on it is intended for retailers to redeem the €5 from Killeen/Boyne Valley Group and not consumers.

Thanks for your time.

Oops lucky I didn't know that standing at the checkout today, Used the Killeen Coupon (for the 1st and only time), also used Hellmanns, Comfort and Tesco Coupons and saved nearly €15 off my shopping, Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Anymore coupons available?

Other than pigsback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Dav wrote: »
    Folks I've received an email from someone in Killeen asking us to remove the link to their voucher as it was only available for the first 1000 downloads and was then pulled from their site.

So, I have removed the link as a favour to this company because they have made a pretty costly mistake in not making the terms and conditions for this voucher offer clear. I've also pointed out that there is no information on their own website about it being limited to 1000 people or that all vouchers are now null and void or even a notification to say the voucher offer has expired and that simply put, the mistake here has been theirs in not thinking that people were going to save a digital file and reuse it as often as they felt it was valid for.

So to clairfy, the Killeen €5 off voucher offer has expired and the December 2011 closing date printed on it is intended for retailers to redeem the €5 from Killeen/Boyne Valley Group and not consumers.

Thanks for your time.

Can't help but wonder how much it's going to cost them & did anyone get a bollocking/loose their job. (hopefully not).

iMax wrote: »
    Can't help but wonder how much it's going to cost them & did anyone get a bollocking/loose their job. (hopefully not).

I hope not too. I only used it once- it was a remarkable offer, someone didn't think it through properly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Did anyone watch the extreme couponing last night? Obviously put a lot of time into their couponing but what on earth was that woman going to do with 93 packets of croutons? :rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Yeah i watched it, frst guy was great, giving over 90% of his to charity,

The 2nd woman i think was a hoarder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

brightkane wrote: »
    Yeah i watched it, frst guy was great, giving over 90% of his to charity,

The 2nd woman i think was a hoarder!

Thats exactly what my kids said!! They had stuff that they were never going to use!! Although the inserts in the papers etc are brilliant - wish they would do them here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco have Comfort Vaporesse 1l for €1.49 BOGOF..use your coupons to make positive savings.
    Also Sqeez orange juice 2x1l for €2 is back.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco have Comfort Vaporesse 1l for €1.49 BOGOF..use your coupons to make positive savings.
    Also Sqeez orange juice 2x1l for €2 is back.

Tried this- they have disabled positive savings- ie you can't be paid to take away stuff........ :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement