Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

using vouchers here and combining with tesco offers.
    http://www.bigals.ie/_uploads/documents/promo-vouchers/Big_Als_BBQ_coupons_2011_online.pdf

20 easy singles come in at .97c
    4 big als burgers €1.50
    avonmore sour cream .99c
    avonmore whipped cream €1.44
    Sqeez 1 litre orange, apple or cranberry - 2 cartons for €1 (using 2 vouchers)

And as already stated
    Bold 2 In 1 Gel Rose Blush And Peony 925Ml
    2 of these are €6.92 using 2 vouchers from
    https://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/bold/coupon.aspx#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Thanks for all the links the thread is great. I dont have any new ones to offer though sorry.

I was wondering if anyone knew any newspapers or magazines that are good for coupons???

Also this thread should be a sticky! :D

I dont actually buy a paper so would be intested in the answer also.

Has anyone every written to big companies asking for samples or vouchers and how did u get on?

brightkane wrote: »

Has anyone every written to big companies asking for samples or vouchers and how did u get on?

I would be interested to know this too. Also where do you guys keep your coupons. Mine are stuffed in an envelope at the minute but Id like a better place.

I havent seen any of those card holder sheets like the extreme couponers use??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

1. what is a sticky?

2. i got a great little coupon holder in tesco, it is 1/2 an A4 page in size, and has 13 fold out wallets, so like a mini version of a consertina folder

3. i am getting the coupon holders for Xmas from my sister (she does not know it yet) but they can be ordered on ebay.com, not available in ebay.ie or .co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

brightkane wrote: »
    I dont actually buy a paper so would be intested in the answer also.

I sent off an email to Gillette a few months back and they sent me back a product voucher as a thank you for feedback about their razors.

Irishchick wrote: »
    Thanks for all the links the thread is great. I dont have any new ones to offer though sorry.

I was wondering if anyone knew any newspapers or magazines that are good for coupons???

:D

I was just thinking that the other day. I had seen coupons in the Irish Sun before, I think they were for use in Dunnes. Not sure if they do that anymore though.

If anyone knows any papers or magazines providing coupons please share with us here. :)

1. what is a sticky?

Its a thread that stays at the top of the forum even if people have not posted in it for a while. It makes the thread easier to find. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't normally buy papers either, but they do have coupons from time to time. I've seen a €1 off Cif, €1 off Surf recently in The Star.

Don't think we have enough coupons to justify a coupon holder.

• Advertisement

coupon for a free can of coke today in the star newspaper. See if you can get some spares at th end of the day as most newsagents only send back the top of the front page.

Only valid for today so be quick! one per person so if you want more than one get your friends to go in for you :D

Irish Pride coupon for 25c off on their facebook page and it is on offer in centra until today for E1 for 800g sliced pan

argh there is no centra in my town and I have that coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Irish Pride coupon for 25c off on their facebook page and it is on offer in centra until today for E1 for 800g sliced pan

Also in Tesco for 1E.

Can you use coupons in Centra?

when is the tesco offer until??

Flora 50c off coupon!

http://zoo.jymian.com/flora/flora_50c_off_coupon.pdf

This took the whole day to find :rolleyes::D

hmmm, flora not opening for me Irish chick

weird I clicked on it and it worked for me. It takes a minute though.

I uploaded the pdf.

Irish Pride in tesco until the 6-9-2011
    Centra will take the Irish Pride coupon as it is not a pigsback coupon, it is between Irish Pride and the store which stocks it directly and so can be used in ANY store

• Advertisement

80c off any hellmans mayonaise. Vailid until september 30th.

http://www.barbq.ie/downloads/hellmanns_voucher.pdf

Can a mod please make this thread a sticky?? Its starting to go down in the forum and people may loose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can a mod please make this thread a sticky?? Its starting to go down in the forum and people may loose out.

There are already 3 stickies in the forum and that's the limit. Anyway, as long as people keep posting coupons in it it will stay on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

I have this thread in my Favorites, so it doesn't matter to me where it is :D

You could do the same and never have to look for it again in this forum :)

Anyone get the papers today and if so any vouchers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ive been reading and supporting this thread since it started earlier this year and at the start it was great... few quid off here, few quid off there... but it now seems that the same 10 or so coupons (mainly pigsback ones) are constantly repeated again and again and the odd one for the likes of 25cent off (WTF?) are posted on the likes of FB. I rarely check this thread nowadays, as it is all just discussion with the same coupons repeated again and again.

Unfortunately, the major suppliers here will never be like the ones in the US as seen on the likes of "extreme couponing" on tv. There will honestly never be a day here in Ireland where any of us will be able to get our weekly shopping for under a euro.

But,

We can dream... and this thread is handy every so often... but as for it to be a sticky? - just not enough coupons in Ireland and so, not enough coupons in the coupon thread
    :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Access wrote: »
    There will honestly never be a day here in Ireland where any of us will be able to get our weekly shopping for under a euro.

I've done it.
    I actually got Tesco Maynooth to pay me close on 20 quid to bring away a trolley of groceries- and a significant number of the items were not covered by coupons (though I have to qualify this by admitting that this was back when you got any item that you were overcharged on, free). My wife was embarrassed as hell- but it was a legitimate weekly shop and it saved us about 120 Euro.

Nowadays- even in Superquinn- I get at least 20 Euro off a 100 Euro shop- while only buying items I need and had intended to purchase. I also got a tenner in clubcard points from them today- related to a baby event they're running (curiously Superquinn are significantly cheaper than most other supermarkets on baby food- equivalent on nappies and more expensive on wipes- but this varies from week to week, so it makes sense to shop around). Centra's tenner a box for Pampers Active Fit size 4 and 5 are on my hitlist for tomorrow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Centra's tenner a box for Pampers Active Fit size 4 and 5 are on my hitlist for tomorrow.......[/QUOTE]

Tesco have big boxes for 15 at the moment babydry afaik

if centra only accepted pigsback they would be hard to beat on the weekly offers, Persil 25 wash for 3.77, brill price
    i got free shop last week as well, for every 2 comfort ironing water i didn't pay for i also got a 800g sliced pan!!
    i also got a trolley full of weetabix once as i spotted a possible pricing error and asked a manager who was beside me who assured me that it would be correct at the till and when it was wrong at the till, i went back and filled the basket and went from the till to customer service, what could they do? the manager assured me it would be priced correctly at the till so i got them free!
    while i agree that coupons are hard to come by and are for very little, it still makes a huge difference to me at least when i consider that i would buy a box of washing powder for E8 and now by watching the BOGOF and the coupons i can get the same box for E2 then i am still ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

stirliz wrote: »
    Fully agree :)

Couponing is not that common in Ireland :rolleyes: I doubt there is hole lot people using them.
    Even I Thought it to be bit embarrassing at first :D

God, I'd have to disagree, in Tesco with the clubcard vouchers and the extra points vouchers and the baby club and wine club vouchers, many people are used to handing over a pile of vouchers at the end of the shopping.

They're should be no fuss, the cashier should just scan each voucher and ask the customer for the revised total.

Though, I would never use a voucher in a centra / spar local shop, as I would presume they dont accept them, or they'd have to OK it woth the owner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement