Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

can you use the coupons at the self service checkouts in Tesco does anyone know? Id be mortified over going to a till and rather go to a self service to see how it goes.. :rolleyes: haha thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    can you use the coupons at the self service checkouts in Tesco does anyone know? Id be mortified over going to a till and rather go to a self service to see how it goes.. :rolleyes: haha thanks

You can use 1 coupon without authorisation. Each and every coupon thereafter has to be separately authorised. Its far simpler to use a regular till......

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

You can but after a couple, the assistant does come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Fair enough, worth knowing. I suppose its not a massive shop Id do so I wouldnt have loads of coupons ... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

First-time "Couponeers" always seem to feel this way, so don't worry about it! :)

Operators at the tills in my experience are getting much more used to it these days. The only person who should be embarrassed is the staff member if they don't know how to process a transaction that has been agreed between their employer and that company's suppliers - either directly or indirectly (through Pigsback, etc.).

If the supermarket did not want to accept vouchers, they would not have agreed with companies, or wholesalers to accept the terms written on the coupon. As far as most businesses are concerned, a sale is a sale and coupons are often seen as a very cost-effective way to raise awareness of a product (in comparison to more costly advertising).

So print out your coupons, and get out there and start saving! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Then wont even blink an eye. Pigsback ones scan so they usually dont even look at them!!

Just make sure you have them all clipped and in order as not to hold up the cashier or the people behind you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

http://www.huggiesclub.co.uk/busy-baby/offers/offer-171

Huggies coupon
    i got 2 yesterday and from what i can see, if you want more coupons, you need to use a different computer as it records the IP of the computer (even if you sign in as a different user with a different email address)

so rejoin, use a new email address and a new computer to register from for additional coupons
    and they must be used within 2 weeks of printing (I think, as don't have coupons with me at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I am doing my homework for tomorrow's shopping and comparing supervalu and tesco offers with coupons in my holder...this shall be intersting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

http://www.huggiesclub.co.uk/busy-baby/offers/offer-171

Huggies coupon
    i got 2 yesterday and from what i can see, if you want more coupons, you need to use a different computer as it records the IP of the computer (even if you sign in as a different user with a different email address)

so rejoin, use a new email address and a new computer to register from for additional coupons
    and they must be used within 2 weeks of printing (I think, as don't have coupons with me at the moment)

Turn you router off and on again. Then you should be able to register another email address on a the same computer.

Moy Park has finally released the promised coupon...but only if you enter a recipe in which you use their chicken, anyhow quite quick and easy, I think everyone has a chicken dish they love to put together or eat...

http://www.moypark.ie/my-moypark-recipe/index.php

Once you enter the recipe they give you a link to click to print your one euro off coupon for chicken kievs, valid for two weeks...
    I ADORE kievs...nom nom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Irishchick wrote: »
    Then wont even blink an eye. Pigsback ones scan so they usually dont even look at them!!

Just make sure you have them all clipped and in order as not to hold up the cashier or the people behind you :)

Had hassle in tesco with comfort coupons because on BOGOF .Girl called someone over to check .After 10 min discussion said they could only use 1 coupon per transaction .I know others here have said once coupon has diff code they work and because buying 2 can use 2 coupons but didnt work for me .Still saved though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

shardylan wrote: »
    Had hassle in tesco with comfort coupons because on BOGOF .Girl called someone over to check .After 10 min discussion said they could only use 1 coupon per transaction .I know others here have said once coupon has diff code they work and because buying 2 can use 2 coupons but didnt work for me .Still saved though

I find that this tend to be luck of the draw depending on who is on the cashier..

The most troublesome I (and my relatives) had comes across are dunnes stores.. but as I said it's really luck of the draw kinda situation

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Thought this might be of interest here. This Coupon Wallet was advertised in the AmericanFood.ie newsletter today - €14.95. Could be a nice gift for a couponer!

1315473370.jpg
    • 4" Pocket holds hundreds of coupons.
    • Attaches securely to shopping cart.
    • 18 heavy duty labelled and laminated tab dividers.
    • Extra pocket for loyalty cards, deal vouchers and more!
    • Made in the USA.

http://www.americanfood.ie/Coupon_Wallet_Organiser_%28Colourful_Leaves%29/124/

i got one in tescos, about that size, plastic and has 13 sections like a concertina folder but only cost E2.55,

if looking for a real snazzy one they have AMAZING coloured ones on ebay.com the choice is out of this world

Me personally, I use a Danger Mouse folder LOL

Pot Noodle used to have the buy one get one free (BOGO) coupon but they now have a more savvy 50 cents off coupon valid till end of October:

http://www.facebook.com/PotNoodleIreland?sk=app_159123434141412

pot noodle beef and tomato showing up at 70c for 90grm pack in superquinn so 20c with coupon, definately worth stocking up at that price

I can't recall if this has been posted as I am not sure how I heard about it...
    Supermac's Vouchers valid until end of this month:
    http://www.supermacs.ie/pdf/Supermacs_Web_Voucher_euro.pdf

The ice cream muffin is gonna be mine :D

I emailed the follwing companies about coupons.

Tampax
    Nature valley

Both cant/wont give coupons. Still waiting to hear from odlums.

Anyone have any dove, sure deoderant coupons??

Ive been looking for an answer to this question but I havent found one so im hoping someone here might know.

Do tesco take sterling and dollar coupons and convert them like cash? I thought I remember reading somewhere that they take sterling one but I could just be dreaming!

Does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Ive been looking for an answer to this question but I havent found one so im hoping someone here might know.

Do tesco take sterling and dollar coupons and convert them like cash? I thought I remember reading somewhere that they take sterling one but I could just be dreaming!

Does anyone know??

I don't think any Irish stores take $ coupons

I believe the only Irish stores that take both £ and € coupons are the ones near the border, so it depends on where you live where you could get to use those.

I could be wrong though, and would be happy to be proven wrong as it would open up loads of couponing opportunities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ali09

tinodz wrote: »
    I don't think any Irish stores take $ coupons

I believe the only Irish stores that take both £ and € coupons are the ones near the border, so it depends on where you live where you could get to use those.

I could be wrong though, and would be happy to be proven wrong as it would open up loads of couponing opportunities

tesco dont take sterling or dollar coupons....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Anyone have any dove, sure deoderant coupons??

http://www.dove.co.uk/current-campaigns/offers/join-with-dove.html

Dove emails out coupons after you sign up here, I got an offer for free samples emailed to me today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 doteen

Can I ask a silly question? Will these vouchers be accepted by shops if they are printed on black and white, or do they have to be colour. New to this coupon thing and haven't a clue. But must start using it a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

doteen wrote: »
    Can I ask a silly question? Will these vouchers be accepted by shops if they are printed on black and white, or do they have to be colour. New to this coupon thing and haven't a clue. But must start using it a lot more.

Black and white is fine; never had it not accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Freakin' LOVE Heinz! And Tesco are forever doing 2 for 1 on those fridge packs - I shall sit and patiently await the offer to come back around again :D

Batchelor beans 420g tins are on offer in superquinn 4 for E2 so 50c per tin and 20c off each tin with big al coupon so 30c a tin!!

Saved a fifth in coupons only on my shopping today and it was a huge one, together with Tesco offers a fourth saved from 122 euro to 87 euro...quite content.

If you going to Tesco I'd recomend:
    Comfort BOGO offer (use two coupons)
    Moy Park Kievs pack of 4 (it come down to 3 euro for 4 chicken kievs)
    Big Al quarter pounders
    Dettol Surface Cleanser
    Easy Singles
    Johnson Bedtime Bath
    Carefree Aloe BOGO
    Uncle Ben Sauces

All this is already on very good offers so if you use your coupons it's always at least a 50% save up to a 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Also Knorr Quick Soups usually approx €1.55 - Their current offer is to Buy 2 for €2. Then use 2 x 50p off coupons go bring the cost down to €1 for 2 or 50cents per pack.

• Advertisement

siber wrote: »
    Also Knorr Quick Soups usually approx €1.55 - Their current offer is to Buy 2 for €2. Then use 2 x 50p off coupons go bring the cost down to €1 for 2 or 50cents per pack.

Yes, this too, the full range is on offer so there's choice...forgot about it, sowee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement