Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

stirliz wrote: »
    Why is it that P&G as a big global company producing so many different household products give lots of coupons away in America and not here in Ireland? :confused: It's not really fair or is it? :D

There's a couple of reasons. It's a much bigger, more competitive market. We have a history here of "Price to market" (set something at a price, if the market accepts it, that's what they're willing to pay, why bother discounting). Cost of getting the product here - we're a small rock off the coast of europe.

Unfair yes, but that's the way things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just wondering - for those of you who have written to companies requesting coupons etc - what did you say in your mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

iMax wrote: »
    There's a couple of reasons. It's a much bigger, more competitive market. We have a history here of "Price to market" (set something at a price, if the market accepts it, that's what they're willing to pay, why bother discounting). Cost of getting the product here - we're a small rock off the coast of europe.

Unfair yes, but that's the way things are.

And that's why, in recession times, using coupons while still buying those brands instead of going to discount places or going for own's brands should help the willing of these giants (and smaller companies too) to hand out more coupons in smaller countries (like Ireland) too...
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

And that's why, in recession times, using coupons while still buying those brands instead of going to discount places or going for own's brands should help the willing of these giants (and smaller companies too) to hand out more coupons in smaller countries (like Ireland) too...
    ;)

Exactly!!

I wouldn't be buying even with coupons, if the item doesn't come cheaper then the own brand alternative.
    Together with offers they are in very good value most of the time!
    Tesco has done good job, because they have lots of different products to choose from and many times it does comes cheaper then Aldi or Lidl ;) (it seems that it has changed in last half year or so :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Dovies wrote: »
    Hey folks
    Anyone got some good suggestions for sites for stg coupons. Heading over in a couple of weeks with my daughter - she is starting Uni - so some coupons would be useful. Thanks

UK Online Grocery Coupon links: (I wish we had so many here)

http://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/solution/triedandtested/home/removing-household-odours.aspx Lots and lots of links on here.

http://www.couponstar.com/OurClients/LiveCouponPromotions.aspx
    http://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/solution/triedandtested/home/removing-household-odours.aspx

http://www.beforeishop.co.uk/CouponWeb/Index.aspx?pid=11416&nid=29&zid=oj54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

I noticed a discussion on the Money Saving Expert UK forum where some members on there had €5 Huggies Vouchers. It seems that when they purchase particular packs they come with both £5 and €5 vouchers. Obviously the €5 vouchers are of no use to those who are UK based. There are a number of people on there willing to donate their €5 vouchers.

I no longer have a requirement for Nappies but I'm sure some of these €5 vouchers would be of use to some of you on here.

Here is a link to this discussion: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3497077

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd just like to thank everyone for posting their coupons. Went shopping with a buttload of coupons yesterday evening. My usual shopping bill of 35 euro came in at just a smidgen over 19 euro! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

The woolite is a steal if you combine the tesco offer with the coupon. Save the coupon to your comp and stock up while the offer is on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Irishchick wrote: »
    The woolite is a steal if you combine the tesco offer with the coupon. Save the coupon to your comp and stock up while the offer is on! :)

Is the woolite good for regular washes? We don't have any wool goods I don't think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    Is the woolite good for regular washes? We don't have any wool goods I don't think!

Yes, woolite is for regular washes, not just for wool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ali09

just found this one over on uk forum, started saving sterling coupons as we are going on a trip very soon, when this one downloaded got a nice little surprise of a euro coupon too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

llalla
    just checked the website, do i need to get a code from the pack with the sticker? or can i use a receipt i already have which has those items on it? and what if i have BOGOF on the receipt?
    i must still use my 2 x Dunnes coupons which have the E5 off Fairy so there is E10 spent/saved, if you know what i mean
    thanks

I think you have to make sure that item you pick has the "piggy" sticker on it too? and then you need receipt?
    I am going shopping tomorrow and will be looking around :D , but I think I haven't seen these piggy stickers on these items for some time now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

There is a new coupon on pigsback. 50c off capri sun ten pack

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Apple (not orange) Caprisun, 2 for E6 in Tesco and so with coupons 2 for E5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Llalla wrote: »

Can't get this to work? It gets to 'please confirm' but the bottom part of the message is cut off? Have tried it on two different computers. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Anybody got a pdf of the carefree coupon?

For people still using the Killeen coupon Tesco Mahon Point have mops and sweeping brushes in from the brand and the coupon worked fine for me on them.

sunnyside wrote: »

For people still using the Killeen coupon Tesco Mahon Point have mops and sweeping brushes in from the brand and the coupon worked fine for me on them.

You're still using the Killeen one knowing full well it's been withdrawn ??

It's attitudes like yours that ruin couponing for everyone. No wonder more companies don't do it here.

Unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ali09

sunnyside wrote: »

here you go!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

It's attitudes like yours that ruin couponing for everyone. No wonder more companies don't do it here.

Unbelievable.

I didn't know this, date on it is the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Unbelievable.

Jeepers, jump down someone's throat why don't ya? Talk about attitude!!

I used the voucher recently and didn't know it had been withdrawn. The coupon was issued with an end date of the end of the year, were people supposed to be inspired to know that it wasn't to be used anymore?

I'd like to Thank the poster for sharing the info about the Killeen items, which are actually half price at the moment in my local Tesco.

@Frowz7 & @sunnyside

Did you hear of or get the killeen coupon here & how long are you following the thread ?

You'd know it's misuse has been discussed at length here & other sites where it was publicised. If you're actively couponing, you'd know this. There's no reason not to know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

@Frowz7 & @sunnyside

Did you hear of or get the killeen coupon here & how long are you following the thread ?

You'd know it's misuse has been discussed at length here & other sites where it was publicised. If you're actively couponing, you'd know this. There's no reason not to know it.

I don't answer to you iMax, what's your problem?

Everyone makes mistakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Frowzy wrote: »
    I don't answer to you iMax, what's your problem?

Everyone makes mistakes!

I agree Frowzy, massively OTT reaction there from iMax!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Unbelievable.

Get over it!!

Its only a Coupon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Frowzy wrote: »
    Jeepers, jump down someone's throat why don't ya? Talk about attitude!!

I used the voucher recently and didn't know it had been withdrawn. The coupon was issued with an end date of the end of the year, were people supposed to be inspired to know that it wasn't to be used anymore?

I'd like to Thank the poster for sharing the info about the Killeen items, which are actually half price at the moment in my local Tesco.

I used mine a few weeks ago in tesco. the stock was half price and I just had to buy more than €5 worth to use it.
    Kileen havn't informed me they are withdrawn:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Guys, seriously stop using the Killeen coupon. You may think it's 'only a coupon' but given that some people have obviously been using it multiple times and perhaps over a long period, I don't think it is overstating things to say it may have been used 5000+ by now - thats €25,000 of a hit for a small Irish company, which pretty much translates as somebody's salary and quite possibly somebody's job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Guys, seriously stop using the Killeen coupon. You may think it's 'only a coupon' but given that some people have obviously been using it multiple times and perhaps over a long period, I don't think it is overstating things to say it may have been used 5000+ by now - thats €25,000 of a hit for a small Irish company, which pretty much translates as somebody's salary and quite possibly somebody's job.

Thank you for your comment but this topic has already been discussed to the death over several pages of this thread.

Can we all please get back on topic and continue to post new coupons and special offers.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement