Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

iMax wrote: »
    Went on a specific trip for couponable stuff, all in, bought €27.09 worth of goods, dettol, comfort, binbags etc. Included in that is some beer for €6. Because I was using Killeen coupons & wanted to bulk up the shopping.

Total amount payable came to €5.09. Checkout assistant & lady behind me were amazed.

Got the coupons here & at facebook.com/bubblegum.ie

That beer is gonna taste so, so sweet :)

Nice one. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Don't say. Those who know use them sparingly, last thing we need is a whole bunch of people jumping on & ruining it. If you coupon regularly, you'll know by now.

As an aside, I now have enough laundry detergent & fabric conditioner for 424 washes (yes I added them up) which cost me about €25 in total over a number of weeks. We do about three washes a week so that's me done for the next 2.75 years

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lol @ iMax..I can smell the waft of freshly laundered clothes from here.

iMax wrote: »
    Don't say. Those who know use them sparingly, last thing we need is a whole bunch of people jumping on & ruining it. If you coupon regularly, you'll know by now.

As an aside, I now have enough laundry detergent & fabric conditioner for 424 washes (yes I added them up) which cost me about €25 in total over a number of weeks. We do about three washes a week so that's me done for the next 2.75 years

:)

Going to do the same myself over the next few weeks and stock up on killeen stuff too. Wish I had got into this couponing lark years ago! My boys were tres embarrassed when they saw me with my vouchers at the checkout earlier but tres impressed when the total came to €5.88 after using them:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Apologises if this has been posted already in bargains... but its going to come in handy for the summer with the kids constantly stating that they are bored!...

McDonalds vouchers (Valid till 31st Aug 2011)

Direct linky...

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/Vouchers/hsap-online-voucher.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 asmum

lindtee wrote: »
    Doh, forgot to say it was Tesco where I got it. Got another one today, hard to resist for 7c;)
    vanish-in-wash-liquid-brand-vanish-1kg.jpg

excellent...didnt see that on their site...will be picking that up tomorrow in my shopping..:)

Has anyone ever come across a coupon for Finish dishwasher products...tesco has an offer on at the mo that would be sweeter with a coupon..but ive searched to no avail:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

asmum wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come across a coupon for Finish dishwasher products...tesco has an offer on at the mo that would be sweeter with a coupon..but ive searched to no avail:(

http://finish.pigsback.com/

Davy wrote: »

Thanks..i saw that but it wont work for me..think that offer has expired ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

asmum wrote: »
    Thanks..i saw that but it wont work for me..think that offer has expired ?

Finish Quantumatic Detergent dispenser €6 off – Terms and Conditions
    This offer is only open to residents in the Republic of Ireland. To take part in this offer consumers must access the website located at www.finish.ie , complete details requested and then print off the coupon which is valid and redeemable until 27th May 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

rafaetha wrote: »
    Finish Quantumatic Detergent dispenser €6 off – Terms and Conditions
    This offer is only open to residents in the Republic of Ireland. To take part in this offer consumers must access the website located at www.finish.ie , complete details requested and then print off the coupon which is valid and redeemable until 27th May 2011.

Was lucky to get it last day. Got two for 1 euro each as Supervalu had them half price 7 euros

I went on a small shop this morning in my local major supermarket with a load of coupons to see if real savings could be made....

I used:
    comfort €1 coupons x 3
    Killeen €5 coupon x 1
    Dettol €1 x 2
    Heinz Ketchup 75c x 2
    Hellmans 80c x 2
    and another particular one from a magazine that scans for a higher amount than printed. (so dont ask me which one!) All couponites on here will know!

I got 3 comfort items on offer at 1.99 - 3 x €1 coupon. All 3 coupons were accepted at the till even though it states one per transaction! so each comfort item only cost 99c :)

The killeen coupon scanned no problem and i was up €2.40 as i had only bought two killeen items at €1.30 each! happy days! :)

I tried buying one dettol spray as per one €1 dettol coupon and chanced my arm buying a dettol floor liquid to see would the other spray dettol €1 coupon cover that even though it was not a spray... it didnt. the cashier said it didnt scan cause two dettol sparys would need to have been bought/scanned as per coupon terms. so only was able to use one of the €1 dettol coupons. :o

bought one heinz ketchup but used the two 75c coupons against it no problem! so saved 1.50 on it! :)

Same again with the hellmans... bought one jar and was able to use the two 80c coupons against it so saved 1.60 there! :)

Now, we come to the last one... :o:o:o

The one that scans higher than face value... i reckon all the major shops know about that now, as the cashier spotted that straight away, as though it was brought up in an employee meeting to be watched out for by supermarket staff... so she saw it, looked at me and pressed the buzzer and told me she would have to "check this one out with her boss"... she (the line manager) came over and saw it and looked at me as though i came into her house on christmas morning and smacked one of her kids in the head.
    She informed me and the rest of the others in the queue quite loudly, that there had been problems with that coupon and that certain people were using it to benefit more than they were allowed. i will have to refuse it if that was okay and she tore it up. I stood there and just replied that my wife had got it from a magazine... and gave it to me to do the shopping with! - as manuel in Fawlty Towers would say... "I Know Nothing!"

Its okay... still saved a few quid on items we could stock up on anyways and it wont put me off couponing... maybe not at that particular store for a while though! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Helium

LOL
    Jaysus I would've bolted for the door the minute I heard manager was being called, S.W.A.T & Cops everywhere aaarrgghheek.gifeek.gifeek.gif.......

or maybe I'm just a big girls blouseredface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gate22

Thats my nightmare getting quizzed, in the states they are delighted your using their shop here they think your robbing them. would have opened up on her for tearing up your voucher and causing a scene, vouchers will be redemmed other wise have a store policy so that people like ourselves can avoid them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Access wrote: »
    She informed me and the rest of the others in the queue quite loudly, that there had been problems with that coupon and that certain people were using it to benefit more than they were allowed. i will have to refuse it if that was okay and she tore it up.

I would not have taken that too well, does not sound as if she conducted herself with customer focus in mind with volume level and if that store did not accept it then fair enough, it's your voucher though and you should have been handed it back as another store may accept it.
    Glad the rest of your shop went better!!

Access, I would have been scarleh if that had happened to me:o I was scarleh enough when they were being authorised. The flipping cheek of her ripping it up though, at the very least she should have offered to put through the amount that was on the voucher:mad: Not good at all. I was tempted to use them again but my heart isn't well after reading your post not to mind if the same thing happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

the goose is being killed folks

Look, as i see it, i could have kicked up a fuss etc. but whats the point? i was the one using that particular coupon and i played dumb and they obviously knew of an issue with it and it was flagged. Now that was the first time i used it as i was only informed of that coupon last week. yet it is still available on the web.

Maybe it was only that my particular cashier spotted it didnt register as its face value and i reckon cause i only had a small shop, where as another cashier during a big shop might miss it and it could also be a case that my local store here only flagged it, but i wouldn't try it again lets just say!

I got my discounts off the items i usually get on a regular basis and to be quite honest, i would not print off any vouchers from pigsback or super shoppers that i would not normally be buying week to week anyways... ie... big als burgers... my crowd here say they are tasteless in their opinion and i personally think that even with the coupons for them, they are still overpriced. just my two cents.

I will give you another example... over the weekend, i had a €1.50 coupon off any goodfellas pizza in centra (from the centra facebook page) and i said id chance using the killeen €5 coupon there too. I got my €5.25 of killeen items along with my pizza and headed for the till... the centra coupon? no probs... accepted against the €3.49 pizza, but the killeen? :o:o:o

Laura (the cashier) called for lisa, who checked it with norma, who rang up the the shops office, who then sent down dave the assistant manager to tell laura that that was okay! Yeaaaaahhhhh! result! but at a cost of 4 mins and blushes of myself while people went off looking for the answer!

I had to laugh though... there was another guy with a killeen coupon in the queue... all the legwork was already done for him!

etcetc wrote: »

??? hope thats not aimed at anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

etcetc wrote: »
    Hunh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭waynestledger

I need some help. This is an example if i have a €2 of coupon for washing up luqid and in tseco they have it on sale at €1.99 can i use the coupon for it???????

Are you only allowed to use coupons for items that are not reduced or on sale???

Please help me with this

I need some help. This is an example if i have a €2 of coupon for washing up luqid and in tseco they have it on sale at €1.99 can i use the coupon for it???????

Are you only allowed to use coupons for items that are not reduced or on sale???

Please help me with this

The terms and conditions on most of the coupons state that you are not supposed to use the coupons with other offers/promotions but they have always gone through for me.

Please help me with this

Most coupons state "not to be used with any other offer", but people do and it normally works as the cashiers in major stores will accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

snubbleste wrote: »
    That Killeen coupon is very generous. If anyone sees Killeen on offer over the next few months, post it up.

This is probably a stupid question but what's to stop someone walking in with ten (or a hundred) of those vouchers and getting a load of free killeen stuff?? Just seems too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I applied for the Killeen voucher this morning and still havent gotten it in my email. not in spam folder either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I think "not to be used with another offer" means another offer from the producer, cause here we are talking only about producers' coupons, except the centra ones. One producer+one retailer offer should be ok.
    Producers don't care if we use the coupon on something the supermarket has decided to discount, as long as we don't use 2 of their coupons towards the same item, cause the want to increase the sales or launch something new etc, not to give them to us for free (our aim is to get them for almost free, instead lol)
    Same with "one per purchase", not one for transaction. If u have 20 Hellmans coupons and buy 20 jars, that's legal, u purchased 20 items.

About using double coupons towards only one item or the Killeen one subtracting themselves from our totals...I think probably it won't last forever :P Unfortunately!

I saved 18% towards our Saturday shopping last week thanks to some coupons, buying only things we like and we use normally, I am happy enough but need MOAR coupons LOL :D
    Received compliments from the till man, also...why, thank you!

Thank you all for sharing/caring, I would love for this to become some sort of community cause looking for coupons it's hard work, it's nicer if shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

tishandy wrote: »
    I applied for the Killeen voucher this morning and still havent gotten it in my email. not in spam folder either.

->
    here's a link directly to the coupon: http://bit.ly/KilleenWebVoucher

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wirish

I am loving this thread, great idea!

Used the Comfort, Dettol & Vanish Pigsback vouchers in Tesco today. You really get great value when the products are on offer in the first place.

Found this one for 50c off Flora, don't think its been posted yet -

Edit - this has expired - oops!

Keep 'em coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Something I have noticed with Tesco self service tills is that they tend to let you do 2 coupons yourself in one shop but for any more, you need an assistant to authorise each one. Anyone else find that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 wirish

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Something I have noticed with Tesco self service tills is that they tend to let you do 2 coupons yourself in one shop but for any more, you need an assistant to authorise each one. Anyone else find that?

Yeah that happened to me earlier. I thought it was because I was using the Vanish voucher to get the product for 7c and they knew something was wrong but the girl didn't even look at the voucher when she came over! I would go to an actual checkout next time if I have a load of them just to save the hassle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement