Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Dettol triggers half price in dunnes.

also 20% back on groceries points this week

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

New coupon from Irish Pride on Facebook. 30c off Vita Kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bogif on persil in clearwater. bought 4 and used 4 persil coupons
    comfort pure also half price.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

For some reason no bogof on Persil small and mighty 1L in Paul Str., had gone in with my vouchers and everything. Asked at service desk and staff member said deal was over. Just checked online and it's supposed to run until 24/10 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

if you LIKE Innocent Smoothies in FB, you can shake their tree to win coupons, only one shake though but just bagged a 50c of their OJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i kept shaking the tree till i got a t-shirt,,just dont claim the prize ie 50c off coupon which i got first time and kept going back to shake it till i got t shirt;0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

lauradin wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining, Not sure if this has been said already but dunnes are offering €40 back on your Xmas clubcard mailing when you spend €280 before 2 nd nov. Sounds good!

its spend 160 on groceries
    between thursday 6th and wednesday 2nd of november and get 40 euros in value club vouchers in your christmas mailing

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

daytob wrote: »
    its spend 160 on groceries
    between thursday 6th and wednesday 2nd of november and get 40 euros in value club vouchers in your christmas mailing

I think Dunnes has it different for everyone :)
    I have to spent 360 or 90 a week. And my weekly shop never comes to that really :D and for the sake on €40...i don't think it's worth it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

proulx wrote: »
    I would send an email-still 1 euro a can online so should be in store too. What is the worst that can happen?

Apart from the auto email responce they haven't been bothered to answer my mail and its over 3 days now. :(

Edit: Just got a reply and as I thought tough luck.
    buyers work very hard to negotiate the very best prices and offers for our customers. Occasionally, they are able to obtain a heavily discounted price, however this is generally only available on a limited amount of stock. This stock is then allocated between our stores in order to ensure that as many customers as possible can take advantage of the promotion. However it is not always possible to anticipate the popularity of any particular offer.

Furthermore, the offers on our Grocery Home Shopping website are for online shopping only. Many are also applicable to selected stores. However, the online shopping offers aren't always available instore, just as store offers aren't always available online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

stirliz wrote: »
    I have to spent 360 or 90 a week. And my weekly shop never comes to that really :D and for the sake on €40...i don't think it's worth it :P

Its EUR280 for me.

• Advertisement

Re Dunnes offer, mine is E160 spend for the month
    of course it is worth it
    160 lts of sqeez for E80 (with coupon) PLUS addtional E40 back at Christmas so 160lt for E40 PLUS as someone else said 25% extra points this week so 40 extra points PLUS the original 160 points so 200 points = E2? 160lt for E38 I just might drive them wild at the tills with that one (esp as they will only accept 6 coupons before they call a supervisor!!!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

stirliz wrote: »

It appears that people are being offered €40 vouchers for spending of €160-360. I was offered €50 vouchers for monthly spending of €450! That is a lot for a 2 person household. I think whoever advises Dunne's on this thinks he is clever, but it has caused bad will when one realises that others are getting a much better deal such as €40 for €160 which is a 25% bonus! I am NOT shopping in Dunnes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

The dunnes supposed 'bonus' is based on each customers historical spend hence why people are getting different offers - they want you to spend more than you normally do in order to get a discount.

Tesco did the same when they were opening a new store beside me, different spend offers for different people
    i have NO loyalty to any of them, i am only after the offers in them and then i do my weekly grocery shop in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

I was thinking of stocking up only to get the bonus from Dunnes... plus all the stuff you could stock up with coupons. Plus some stuff costs the same as Tesco...maybe it will be worth it :P .....And then- next month I won't go there unless there is something good for coupons :pac:

About Tesco. We got too vouchers from them when they opened new store. Also got vouchers in summer. Even then some people may have gotten better deal..still all their deals for vouchers were good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

No special in the Tesco I tried last night on Sensodyne(the 3 for 2 deal) - Newbridge - the girl on the checkout even checked with Customer services. Disgusted. It was all I went out of my way to go in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

donnacha wrote: »
    The dunnes supposed 'bonus' is based on each customers historical spend hence why people are getting different offers - they want you to spend more than you normally do in order to get a discount.

Dunne's policy is very short sighted indeed. They may be successful in attracting some people to spend more, but by differentiating between the bonus people get (11% to 25% from the posts), they show they dont care about their loyal customers who actually spend more but get less back. They have certainly lost my business and I have just spent over €200 with Superquinn in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

thegift06 wrote: »
    this is wrong its 3 for the price of 2 alright, but at €4.59 per pack, which means the total comes to €13.77 - €4.59 = €9.18 and then you use your 3, €1 off coupons, bringing the total to €6.18 and not €1.59 like you said. Also its only selected sensodyne toothpastes

My Bad! of course you're right!

this is still a good offer for me as I can only use sensodyne.

Someone was looking for the coupon, It's still available on Pigsback.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

tantipie wrote: »
    i kept shaking the tree till i got a t-shirt,,just dont claim the prize ie 50c off coupon which i got first time and kept going back to shake it till i got t shirt;0

Nice one. Kept shaking till I got the hoodie

thought i was going to break the tree, but hoodie on the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Does anyone know if the avonmore 30cent off light milk coupon scans at the checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

tantipie wrote: »

Did you do this continually on the one day? I've shook it about ten times and its either a 50c coupon or a carafe of juice, maybe the quota of hoodies is gone for the day or completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

I spent about 12 mins shaking that tree till I finally got my hoodie.

I'll keep trying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

lilacclery wrote: »
    Did you do this continually on the one day? I've shook it about ten times and its either a 50c coupon or a carafe of juice, maybe the quota of hoodies is gone for the day or completely?
    kept shaking for about 10 mins:)

lilacclery wrote: »
    I'll keep trying:)

Keep going, you can do it!!!

we will recognise each other now when we are shopping with our coupons, it can be like a uniform!!!

I'm really getting into this couponing lark now, must calm down on the laundry detergents though!

Yes, but if you use the 2fm coupon and the pigs back coupon you get it for €3.99, I used the both in tescos on the self scanning tils yesterday.

I was thinking about this and I actually got myself 10 bottles of persil free on my way home from work:

BOGOF= 2 bottles for 7.99
    For each bottle you buy use 1 €2 voucher from today fm and a €2 voucher from Pigsback (including the free bottle) so you're using €8 in vouchers for 2bottles, therefore they're free. Worked for me in Tesco this evening!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Frowzy wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and I actually got myself 10 bottles of persil free on my way home from work:

BOGOF= 2 bottles for 7.99
    For each bottle you buy use 1 €2 voucher from today fm and a €2 voucher from Pigsback (including the free bottle) so you're using €8 in vouchers for 2bottles, therefore they're free. Worked for me in Tesco this evening!!!!

Did the checkout person say anything? Did you buy anything else with them?

Edit: It says on both vouchers you cannot use them in conjuction with another offer....

• Advertisement

jimogr wrote: »
    Did the checkout person say anything? Did you buy anything else with them?

Edit: It says on both vouchers you cannot use them in conjuction with another offer....

:-o oops, I never noticed that!!!! They never asked any questions, and they scanned fine!!!!

Oh well at least I got some free :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement