Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

iMax wrote: »
    So it was an intentional deception then.

This is like the Killeen coupon all over again. There's a very small number of people defrauding the supplier, who will in turn stop coupons for everyone.

Lever Brothers manufacture/distribute Persil products & will have seen a huge uplift in coupons coming back in the last few months. If they're being taken advantage of, they're going to stop coupons, not for just Persil, but for all their brands and the other suppliers will follow...

As mentioned above it's a typical Irish thing, but not just begrudgery, also gouging as much as you can from someone else at the detriment of others.

Very Shortsighted.

Uh Oh! THAT coupon has been mentioned.. I smell a ban...

Let's say for a moment you're right... (I don't agree, but I can pretend!)

So taking the Persil as an example, you are saying that we are robbing a company who can give us 2 bottles of washing liquid for 7.99 for a couple of weeks when they have been charging us 5.99 per bottle for years. So assuming 7.99 can cover the cost of 2 bottles, all incidential charges and profit for everyone involved then they've been robbing us for years!

I don't think we're robbing them but if we use this analogy for every coupon we use I wonder that you use coupons at all. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

If users are going to appoint themselves judge and jury for other Boards.ie users then I suggest that we stick to posting coupons and offers and have NO commenting on or posting other peoples posts.

for anyone who managed to get the Knorr E1 off coupon for their new Gourmet range of soups, they are on offer for E1.06 in Tesco at the moment

Sugar! I don't have this coupon, where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

i happened to be in superquinn for the aquafresh offer and there was a stand with them on it, so picked some up knowing that there were going to be offers soon in all the other stores, maybe there is a new coupon on their fb page?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Frowzy wrote: »
    Sugar! I don't have this coupon, where did you get it?

I'd also like to know, I don't remember this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I suggest that we stick to posting coupons and offers and have NO commenting on or posting other peoples posts.

Absolutely. Excellent suggestion.

Maybe a mod can close this thread & another can be opened where just links of were to get coupons can be posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Maybe a mod can close this thread & another can be opened where just links of were to get coupons can be posted.

I think the risk with that is that the thread is likely to slip way down the forum and not get posted in as often. And as far as I know, it's not possible to make it a sticky. Chances are another discussion-only one would be opened anyway!

I know I personally find the discussion side of things useful - someone posts a coupon, someone else points out that that item is on special offer somewhere. Also it has led to some of the coupons being added by kind, tech-savvy boardsies as multi-coupon pdf's to make them easier to print (and more environmentally friendly :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭SEORG

This is like the Killeen coupon all over again. There's a very small number of people defrauding the supplier, who will in turn stop coupons for everyone.

Lever Brothers manufacture/distribute Persil products & will have seen a huge uplift in coupons coming back in the last few months. If they're being taken advantage of, they're going to stop coupons, not for just Persil, but for all their brands and the other suppliers will follow...

As mentioned above it's a typical Irish thing, but not just begrudgery, also gouging as much as you can from someone else at the detriment of others.

Very Shortsighted.

Yes my intention when I left my house yesterday evening was to pick your pocket by handing over coupons. You are correct, the fact that I saved the price of one bottle of Persil (€7.99) is an absolute disgrace and very shortsighted of me. I shall return it as soon as I finish work.

I apologise to all couponers in advance of the withdrawal of all Unilever coupons. By the way I never used the 'not to be mentioned' coupon :eek:

Anyone seen any coupons for cat food anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

brian_t wrote: »
    Irishchick wrote: »

I was pointing out the fact that the Manufacturer has the right to refuse to redeem the coupon when returned by the store.

If manufaturers were refusing the coupons then tesco would not accept them.

It all comes down to greed. I dont understand why people cant just get one or 2 , or just enough for your family.

Like who needs 20 toothbrushes?? Or 16 bottles of vaporesse?? Cant you just cant one for each member in your house. That way its not ruined for everyone else.

SEORG wrote: »
    Yes my intention when I left my house yesterday evening was to pick your pocket by handing over coupons.

So you admit it was premeditated couponing? The Shame :eek:

If users are going to appoint themselves judge and jury for other Boards.ie users then I suggest that we stick to posting coupons and offers and have NO commenting on or posting other peoples posts.
    I suggest that we stick to posting coupons and offers and have NO commenting on or posting other peoples posts.

Please don't misquote me in your posts! Use the full quotation or not at all. Using part of my quote is misleading about the subject of my original post.

Finally back on topic..... Any cat food coupons??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So you admit it was premeditated couponing? The Shame :eek:

Please don't misquote me in your posts! Use the full quotation or not at all. Using part of my quote is misleading about the subject of my original post.

Save a fortune and get rid of the cat :D....sorry,couldn't resist that one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kcoup

It all comes down to greed. I dont understand why people cant just get one or 2 , or just enough for your family.

Like who needs 20 toothbrushes?? Or 16 bottles of vaporesse?? Cant you just cant one for each member in your house. That way its not ruined for everyone else.

I need 20 toothbrushes and if I can get them free with a coupon it means that my wife and 4 children will have a new tothbrush when they need one for the next few years.Having recently been made redundant it's an expense that I won't have so If I can print 40 vouchers for 40 free toothbrushes then I will continue to do it.

What I won't do is use the kileen voucher or try and use two €2 coupons from different sources (pigsback and today FM) against the same product as this is not what the coupon was intended for.

kcoup wrote: »

I need 20 toothbrushes and if I can get them free with a coupon it means that my wife and 4 children will have a new tothbrush when they need one for the next few years.Having recently been made redundant it's an expense that I won't have so If I can print 40 vouchers for 40 free toothbrushes then I will continue to do it.

What I won't do is use the kileen voucher or try and use two €2 coupons from different sources (pigsback and today FM) against the same product as this is not what the coupon was intended for.

The reason you did it is not an issue. You still did it. You could have just got 4. Toothbrushes go on offer every year.

And for the last time manufacturers will re emburse coupons from different sources on the same product. Its perfectly legal. Unilever would not issue same coupons to different sources if they could not honor them. It's a business they're not stupid.

As long as people are sensible and just get what they need for he time being everyone will benefit. If not then everything will be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Post 1395 has mistakely implied that I said

"If manufaturers were refusing the coupons then tesco would not accept them.

Like who needs 20 toothbrushes?? Or 16 bottles of vaporesse?? Cant you just cant one for each member in your house. That way its not ruined for everyone else."

This was in fact said by Irishchick in post 1391

Ok now this is just getting petty. Can we please keep this thread to posting coupons and offers.

Can a mod please clear up the last few pages and delete posts (including this one) without coupons or offers???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Ok now this is just getting petty. Can we please keep this thread to posting coupons and offers.

Can a mod please clear up the last few pages and delete posts (including this one) without coupons or offers???

I'm sorry that you think I'm been petty. But a post of yours was doctored to make it appear as if I had said it and that's not acceptable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kcoup

I'm sorry that you think I'm been petty. But a post of yours was doctored to make it appear as if I had said it and that's not acceptable to me.

I replied to post #1391 and the system picked it up as a quote from brian_t. Not sure why as I am new to boards and presume I did something wrong.

But you are all right the reason I found this thread is because I was looking for coupons so lets return to only posting coupons and deals

Im not saying your post is petty, im saying the arguing in general is petty and its better if we just posdt coupons and offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Dunnes in newbridge had the aquafresh bogoff 75ml tubes x 2 for 1.54. with your €1 coupon off that makes them 54c for 2 x 75ml tubes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

daytob wrote: »
    Dunnes in newbridge had the aquafresh bogoff 75ml tubes x 2 for 1.54. with your €1 coupon off that makes them 54c for 2 x 75ml tubes.
    they also have 100 ml tubes for €1.34 making them only 34c each for the bigger ones:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

hmm 100mls for 34c or 150mls for 54c
    which one is bigger ;p

Where are the toothbrushes on offer?

I looked in my local Tesco last night and didn't see any! :(

Where are the toothbrushes on offer?

I looked in my local Tesco last night and didn't see any! :(

I haven't seen any either in dunnes, tesco or supervalu

It must only be in selected stores as it's not on the special offer leaflets. Probably stores with excess stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liamallica

which one is bigger ;p

it's kind of tricky to answer the bigger one question, but.. the 100ml for 34c is actually the better deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Oh Finally!! some posts on couponing again

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Liamallica wrote: »
    it's kind of tricky to answer the bigger one question, but.. the 100ml for 34c is actually the better deal ;)
    The question was "which one was bigger" 150ml is actually bigger:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

which one is bigger ;p
    150 mls for 54c or 200 mls for 68c:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

100ml= 0.34 per ml

150ml=0.36 per ml

therefore the 100ml represents better value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Green Isle onion rings on offer for E2 in Supervalu and 60c coupon on Big Als

Uncle Bens express rice 2 for E3 in Super Valu and 2 x 50c coupons on FB

Some J&Js half price in Super Valu and E1 coupon on PB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement