Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

ali09 wrote: »
    guys

just been in my local tesco this morning, and the duty manager there is my friend. i regularly use coupons there and he advised me this morning that head office has investigated them on coupon acceptance and is trackig their use and incases looking up video footage of customers usig coupons... one checkout operator in clane has been suspended for accepting pigsback coupons with the same security codes....

i think we should stop posting pdf's of pigsback coupons or multiple printing them.. its great to save money but ot at the expense of somebodys job......

+100 to this. I've been objecting to it all the time. It's theft plain & simple. There's several people on here who're guilty of it & who are the few rotten apples that'll spoil the whole bushel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Muskaan

ali09 wrote: »
    guys

just been in my local tesco this morning, and the duty manager there is my friend. i regularly use coupons there and he advised me this morning that head office has investigated them on coupon acceptance and is trackig their use and incases looking up video footage of customers usig coupons... one checkout operator in clane has been suspended for accepting pigsback coupons with the same security codes....

i think we should stop posting pdf's of pigsback coupons or multiple printing them.. its great to save money but ot at the expense of somebodys job......

Yeah I was refused pigsback coupons with same security code in Supervalu a few months ago. Only tried to save some time/paper by printing several copies in a go instead of having to go back and print one by one! They only took one, didn't know before that that the store couldn't redeem them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

Wow, that's horrible :eek:

I don't really understand the pigsback coupons policy.
    Can I use 2 pigsback coupons if I buy 2 the same products on BOGOF offer? I have 2 coupons for Comfort products, both from Pigsback, but they have different security codes, as I printed them off separately, one a few days ago and the other one yesterday. Can I still use them in a single transaction?

My husband works in a supermarket, he is usually in a warehouse, but sometimes he works as a cashier too and he wasn't really trained in all that stuff regarding coupons so he accepts each coupon customers hand to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

TamTaRam wrote: »

Can I use 2 pigsback coupons if I buy 2 the same products on BOGOF offer? I have 2 coupons for Comfort products, both from Pigsback, but they have different security codes, as I printed them off separately, one a few days ago and the other one yesterday. Can I still use them in a single transaction?

in short, yes. if.you go back out of pb and into coupons again it gives a different code

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TamTaRam wrote: »

The t&c's on the coupon are clear. What does it say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nymia

Hi guys,

Could someone post a pdf for the carnation condensed milk coupon from pigsback please? It was part of the previous collection on the site, but I dont seem to have it saved! :(

Thanks,
    Nymia

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

how can a staff member be sacked for accepting coupons:( Surely there trained in what to look out for and if not then it's tesco's fault not the staff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

tantipie wrote: »
    how can a staff member be sacked for accepting coupons:( Surely there trained in what to look out for and if not then it's tesco's fault not the staff!!!

I agree. I smell some bull**** here (from the manager). The cashier should be checking coupons. If he wasnt then he wasnt doing his job. If he wasnt trained then thats tesco's fault.

I worked as a cashier for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Nymia wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Could someone post a pdf for the carnation condensed milk coupon from pigsback please? It was part of the previous collection on the site, but I dont seem to have it saved! :(

Thanks,
    Nymia
    I’m afraid you’ll be out of luck there. This was early summer so it would be out of date now anyway. Also if anyone has it saved it would have their details on it.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, where does it say you can’t print out multiple copies? At the bottom of the coupon page it says “PHOTOCOPIES will not be accepted”. Nada on the coupons themselves though. If what they intend is “multiple printouts OR photocopies will not be accepted" then they should actually state this. Suspending someone for accepting what could have been multiple printouts and not photocopies is ridiculous. Please correct me if I'm wrong :D

For the record yes, I do go in and out of the coupon page to print coupons which have different codes. I have reprinted in the past though because there is/was no indication on the site that it’s not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

I can tell u now that the cashier would not be sacked for accepting couponing with the same code as they were have to been doing something more,as you can't be sacked for that and tesco is in mandate and they love going to court over stupid things like that the member of staff may have being giving cash in exchange for the coupons i have heard that of that in dunnes and a member of staff was sacked there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Irishchick wrote: »
    I agree. I smell some bull**** here (from the manager). The cashier should be checking coupons. If he wasnt then he wasnt doing his job. If he wasnt trained then thats tesco's fault.

I worked as a cashier for 5 years.

+1

Something stinks here! Scaremongering of the highest order. If the coupons scans then it is valid and acceptable. If an invalid coupon is scanning then it's the shops fault.

I can't imagine a store paying a full time member of staff to go through CCTV to see who's using coupons! Should I expect to see myself on Crimeline next month. Must make sure I have lippy on when doing the shopping in future.....

Frowzy wrote: »
    +1

Must make sure I have lippy on when doing the shopping in future.....

loool!! I would say there has to be more to the story as someone else said. Maybe the cashier was accepting more than one of the same coupon for one product or accepting coupons for items the person didnt purchase.

Even so as frowzy said I can hardly see them going through hours of footage to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Got challenged on the aquafresh toothbrush deal in dunnes, she called the duty manager and agreed to put the vouchers throught at 99c instead of €1 nuts on a €100 shop. Easysigles were two euro and one euro with the big als coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Was in Dunnes Castlebar this morning. Couldn't find any Aquafresh tooth brushes at all, but managed to use my coupons on Extreme Clean toothpaste that was on a €2 special. So I got a couple of tubes for €1 each

spcw wrote: »
    Got challenged on the aquafresh toothbrush deal in dunnes, she called the duty manager and agreed to put the vouchers throught at 99c instead of €1 nuts on a €100 shop. Easysigles were two euro and one euro with the big als coupon.

Same happened to me today but it was because I had a pigsback coupons with the same barcode. No big deal though I can just print separates.

Oh and I finally found the 99c toothbrush! Took me long enough! :D

Edit: I just realised that the barcodes are they same. There's no printing limits on pigsback therefore I should have been allowed to use 3 if I had purchased 3!! Ill be ready the next time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

I got 3 of the aquafresh toothbrushes and a goodfella's flatbread pizza and a riostarante one...Total before coupons €6.97 total after coupons €1.97!
    Cashier had to check if they were still accepting pigsback coupons but then scanned them no problem. This was on a full shop, these are only items I used coupons for though, delighted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lilacclery wrote: »
    I got 3 of the aquafresh toothbrushes and a goodfella's flatbread pizza and a riostarante one...Total before coupons €6.97 total after coupons €1.97!
    Cashier had to check if they were still accepting pigsback coupons but then scanned them no problem. This was on a full shop, these are only items I used coupons for though, delighted!

Which shop was this in?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Edit: I just realised that the barcodes are they same. [/QUOTE]

the barcodes on the bottom right are the same as they are the ones which dictate the amount of the coupon,

but on the pigsback coupon, the barcode to the left is different, and that is the code which is causing all the problems, as stores are only allowed to redeem that code once, so if it has been redeemed previously through another store or through photocopying, then the store will not be reimbursed on the same individual code twice, so pigsback have to be printed individually, but manufacturers coupons is a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Irishchick wrote: »
    Edit: I just realised that the barcodes are they same. There's no printing limits on pigsback therefore I should have been allowed to use 3 if I had purchased 3!! Ill be ready the next time!!!

your right the barcode is the same for them all but there is another code represented by a barcode that seems to be a simple sequence number , I printed mine one by one to avoid any problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

was refused Danacol/Easi Singles coupons in Dunnes on North Earl Street today. Was told that they are not originals (i.e. photocopied). I was like ''they are printed off the website'' (as they were) but to no avail. In general, hate redeeming coupons in Dunnes Stores - there is always some issue, I must say thumbs up for Tesco - never had a problem, even if the coupon won't scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Was getting a few bits in tesco today and kept reminding myself not to forget to use my flora coupon, went thru self service, 'coupon accepted' only to realise I forgot to get the item itself:(

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Has anybody presented the Pigsback Vouchers in SuperValu. I usually shop there but they are awkward with vouchers. I know all the staff there and I dont want the embarrassment of a refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

i used them there before they have to input the number manually but never had any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

snubbleste wrote: »
    Which shop was this in?

Dunnes Stores Tralee

Just a reminder that the BOGOF offer on Persil in Tesco ends today, as does the offer on Comfort.

Woolite is now half price in Dunnes - 3.49 a bottle, with coupon only 1.49 each!

F

Does anyone know when the Dunnes Aqaufresh offer ends? Specifically these 99c tooth brushes!

Does anyone know when the Dunnes Aqaufresh offer ends? Specifically these 99c tooth brushes!

They weren't marked as being on offer, they were just 99c!

Oooh better again! Thanks :D

I get hassle with dunnes as well. I only go in if I have to. My local supervalu takes them. Like someone else said they have to manually enter them but its usually no problem .

The tills might have changed but when I worked in supervalu it was just a matter of pressing 1.00 (or whatever amount) and then pressing "coupon"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I've given up on dunnes - they're rubbish and it's all such a big deal every time you use a coupon, they have to call a manager and examine it with a fine tooth comb - not worth it....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement