Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Unfortunately it seems like Kelloggs have no intention to give out coupons even when directly asked for...

Today's results in Tesco: from 99 to 60 euro...satisfaction! Although I worked on it for a few hours yesterday lol

Nice! Did you go during a quiet time or do you go during a busy Friday afternoon?

Can imagine the glares staff and other customers would give!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

foodie66 wrote: »
    Nice! Did you go during a quiet time or do you go during a busy Friday afternoon?

Can imagine the glares staff and other customers would give!

At the moment I can only go on saturday morning, so they will have to bear with me lol
    In general, if it's possible, I'd say a quiet time it's better as you can take your time browsing the shelves, so to say.
    But tbh the cashier actually asked me where to get the coupons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭robin3

Thats a great saving, well done. When you say you worked on it, what do you mean? Did you scour the internet looking for offers/coupons? or spend time woeking out your meal plan etc to suit with the offers out there?

I am new to couponing but have been trying to cut down the shopping bill and buy alot of own brand items as they usually prove great value and good quality. I wonder sometimes if its worth it: time spent checking on here, printing coupons, choosing the exactly correct item that the coupon is for, remembering to produce them at checkout, etc. When buying an own brand version of the item sometimes proves just as cheap.
    Don't mean to be sucking the fun out of it for anyone but it does take a bit of organising using the right coupon in the right shop with the right size of product, especially if its not something you'd usually buy anyway, iykwim. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

gaz wac wrote: »
    Please find attached some ‘Money-Saving Vouchers’ to help you SAVE when shopping at either Woodie’s DIY or Atlantic Homecare. You simply print-off, cut-out, then present the vouchers as required, in any of our stores nationwide. The vouchers are valid Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th November and Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th November 2011 ONLY.

Cheers Wac :)

I received a newlsetter from AXA today and these Woodies/Atlantic vouchers were included in it. Apparently you get a 10% discount anyway if you have an AXA plus card. I never bothered to look at this junk mail before and I've been with them years!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Binka wrote: »
    I received a newlsetter from AXA today and these Woodies/Atlantic vouchers were included in it. Apparently you get a 10% discount anyway if you have an AXA plus card. I never bothered to look at this junk mail before and I've been with them years!

there's 15% off in Halfords if you use that card too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i got the jacobs why nots today and the orange and chocolate are quiet tasty (never usually like cereal bars) so will add to the stock pile and move the mountain to the office (need an excuse to hide in there)

got these too yesterday,,they are yum and great if your wacthing your weight like me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Ebonyks wrote: »
    Whoops then, didn't spot that in the small print, I got one just there in Tesco anyway and the coupon was applied on the receipt. Tesco may be out a euro, heads are gonna roll.

Ooops I used a good few of these in tesco and gave one to my mum who also used it in Tesco and they never questioned it. I also used 2 in Dunnes since they came out and no one said anything. Should I feel bad right now...oh well. :rolleyes:

Have enough pizza for 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

robin3 wrote: »
    Thats a great saving, well done. When you say you worked on it, what do you mean? Did you scour the internet looking for offers/coupons? or spend time woeking out your meal plan etc to suit with the offers out there?

I am new to couponing but have been trying to cut down the shopping bill and buy alot of own brand items as they usually prove great value and good quality. I wonder sometimes if its worth it: time spent checking on here, printing coupons, choosing the exactly correct item that the coupon is for, remembering to produce them at checkout, etc. When buying an own brand version of the item sometimes proves just as cheap.
    Don't mean to be sucking the fun out of it for anyone but it does take a bit of organising using the right coupon in the right shop with the right size of product, especially if its not something you'd usually buy anyway, iykwim. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

It is worth it and you can save quite big money combining right coupons with special offers in stores. It dosn't really work well if you use coupons with normal price.
    Happy couponing!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

thanks for the actimel vouchers!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

robin3 wrote: »
    I am new to couponing but have been trying to cut down the shopping bill and buy alot of own brand items as they usually prove great value and good quality......

You have a point robin3.
    Sometimes coupons just bring the price of the product down to the price level of a perfectly acceptable own-brand substitute that works just as well. An example of this would be the recent Persil promotion & coupon when the Lidl version works just as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

since when did lidl start giving away free laundry detergent?? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Irishchick wrote: »
    since when did lidl start giving away free laundry detergent?? :rolleyes:

They don't..and Tesco are not supposed to. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kcoup

Dee's wholefood range coupon on pigsback

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

snubbleste wrote: »
    They don't..and Tesco are not supposed to. :cool:

They're not supposed to....have special offers on laundry detergent? Accept coupons on top of in store special offers? Do you think it's unfair in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Can we leave this at this and concentrate on what this thread is really about. And if we could just post coupons or deals, I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Enter your details here http://www.ithastobeheinz.ie/products/61 and receive an email with a link to your coupon for a free Heinz Squeeze and Stir soup in a cup.

Coupon-left.png

They then send you an email which gives you a link to your voucher. The email states: "This link expires within 48 hours and the offer is limited to one coupon per person."

The terms and conditions on the voucher are:
    "To the consumer: This voucher entitles the bearer to purchase any single Heinz Squeeze & Stir 70g variety free of charge (Max Value €0.80). Just present the voucher at the checkout of your local Heinz Squeeze & Stir stockist."

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

New coupon pigsback

60c on Plenty 2R white standard only

this was on offer last week for 1.24 in Tesco, so probably will be in one of hte other chains this week

siber wrote: »
    Enter your details here http://www.ithastobeheinz.ie/products/61 and receive an email with a link to your coupon for a free Heinz Squeeze and Stir soup in a cup.

They then send you an email which gives you a link to your voucher. The email states: "This link expires within 48 hours and the offer is limited to one coupon per person."

The terms and conditions on the voucher are:
    "To the consumer: This voucher entitles the bearer to purchase any single Heinz Squeeze & Stir 70g variety free of charge (Max Value €0.80). Just present the voucher at the checkout of your local Heinz Squeeze & Stir stockist."

Free is not free - €0.19 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

It always gives me emotions when I see new coupons on Pigcback lol
    Has anyone seen this Dee's Wholefood stuff anywhere? :)

The main Tesco branches have them. The little tesco branches don't seem to stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I use mozilla firefox and theres a feature called Speed Dial, so you can have all the websites that offer coupons at a glance, very handy - top of the list is tesco and dunnes site, so i can check the weekly offers and then compare coupons.
    Today, I have emailed all the companies that currently have offers in dunnes stores, to see if their customer service can tell me what sites and where they have got coupons available. will update with any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

I'm trying to play that Robsinson's 'All Mixed Up' game on piggyback.ie, you only get 5 points but i am finding it impossible and i want to win out of principle now. Was never any good at these things. Might get my 8 year old niece to try :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ewkol

I rang them is well but they told me they don't do coupons at all. Let us know if You get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

foodie66 wrote: »
    I'm trying to play that Robsinson's 'All Mixed Up' game on piggyback.ie, you only get 5 points but i am finding it impossible and i want to win out of principle now. Was never any good at these things. Might get my 8 year old niece to try :o

haha I gave up 5 mins ago too :rolleyes: useless :D

Irishchick wrote: »
    haha I gave up 5 mins ago too :rolleyes: useless :D

I gave up too but my 4,5 year old son did it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Anyone try the Dee's veggie burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

jimogr wrote: »
    Anyone try the Dee's veggie burgers?

Yeah I eat these all the time, the spicy bean burger and the omega burger mostly. They are georgous :) Expensive tho, so one euro off is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ewkol

http://www.winwithnapolina.com/
    You can win coupons

What do you think about all types of competitions?
    I think that the better way is to get chance print coupons and save money than going on holiday with empty wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

http://media.eumom.ie/lp/viewemail.aspx?e=11158&c=5c62bc9a281a967adb0d4b34b74aeb0d

manufacturers coupon E1 off has a valid until date of 1-12-2011 so just 2 weeks once printed

coupon is for when you but the 2 together, some of these are on offer in tesco and dunnes

so basically E0.50 off each purchase

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement