Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

fuel coupons are accepted in supervalu, tescos and dunnes only as they are pigsback.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angel6

Only wrote: »
    Thanks for posting these - got the last 8 in Tesco Castlebar for €1.49 each and used pigsback and Today FM vouchers netting me €4.08 to spend on other shopping:D ... The Plenty shelf was empty but the price tag for €1.49 was still there .... oh and the €25 bottles of Tattinger were all gone

Did you manage to get the Pigsback coupon working? Is it not only for the standard 2 roll pack Plenty pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

zerks wrote: »
    Daily Mail doing an article on how couponing has grown this side of the Atlantic recently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2066705/Extreme-couponing-Its-highly-addictive-takes-ruthless-dedication-clutters-home.html

A quick question-does anybody have problems printing the ones from pigsback? Did it no problem the 1st time I tried but can't do it since:confused:

Some people do go too far. What's the point in getting all of those things if you don't use them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

zerks wrote: »
    Daily Mail doing an article on how couponing has grown this side of the Atlantic recently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2066705/Extreme-couponing-Its-highly-addictive-takes-ruthless-dedication-clutters-home.html

Ridicules puff piece to promote their own (non coupling) deal site. From the "article" According to Roland Bryan, managing director of the Wowcher website, customers are becoming savvier in how they spend money.

Simon Bird is a savvy shopper but you have to be technologically minded to do it. The company – which is owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust, which also owns The Mail on Sunday – offers daily money-off deals on experiences such as spa days, beauty treatments and nights out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

iMax wrote: »
    Ridicules puff piece to promote their own (non coupling) deal site. From the "article" According to Roland Bryan, managing director of the Wowcher website, customers are becoming savvier in how they spend money.

Simon Bird is a savvy shopper but you have to be technologically minded to do it. The company – which is owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust, which also owns The Mail on Sunday – offers daily money-off deals on experiences such as spa days, beauty treatments and nights out.

The only helpful advice in it- and even that advice is circumspect- was directing people to the internet to download the US series for watching.......

I'm a big fan of couponing myself- I've been doing it for years. At first a few people thought I was being stingy- but I only use it to buy things that I actually want to get (at the moment- nappies, baby formula and coffee...... :D ) I think the advice to go in with a target of getting x% off your shopping- is complete and utter bollox though- somedays you might not manage to use a single voucher, other days- well, I've been left to scan in my vouchers in Tesco on occasion- and providing you are crystal honest with them and don't have substitute products- and haven't packed away your bags before they ask to see some of the shopping- all is fine.

Speaking of nappies and formula- I've used up all my Cow and Gate, Huggies, Pampers and Nestle vouchers. Anyone know of any uptodate vouchers.

Another one I'd be interested in- is the Danone EUR2 voucher that has now expired- our 19 month old is ridiculously addicted to their yoghurt, not the worst thing in the world, but by god is it expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

angel6 wrote: »
    Did you manage to get the Pigsback coupon working? Is it not only for the standard 2 roll pack Plenty pack?

There weren't any of the €1.49 4 packs left so I didn't try .... the 2 packs were normal price

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

I got Tesco coupons in the post for baby foods etc, I know it says my name on the bottom but as dd is past most of that food I wont be using them, so they might come in use to someone else if its allowed.

fgaha wrote: »
    I got Tesco coupons in the post for baby foods etc, I know it says my name on the bottom but as dd is past most of that food I wont be using them, so they might come in use to someone else if its allowed.

Me please? (If its allowed).

Thanks!

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Muskaan

Anyone seen those persil 18wash €1.49 in dublin stores?

just got a second Plenty coupon for some reason. Has anybodt tried these in Tesco yet?

I was thinking, with coupons becoming more popular supermarkets should have coupon free checkouts, that way people won't be getting daggers in the back because the manager has to be called etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Supervalu have Plenty 2pack for €1.66. There is a 75c and a 60c coupon around. For newbies..use the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

i used the plenty coupon(s) in tescos ashbourne yesterday, not a problem, also used the why not coupons and actimel. didnt use the avonmore coupon as even when the wife was reading it she said it looked bogey.
    tried searching couldnt find it. did someone email it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

smccarrick wrote: »

Speaking of nappies and formula- I've used up all my Cow and Gate, Huggies, Pampers and Nestle vouchers. Anyone know of any uptodate vouchers.

If you have a young 'un, it might be handy to apply for this gift box - it's full of samples of baby food and products, as well as coupons. You can collect if from Supervalu http://www.eumom.ie/Free-Sample-Info-Packs/Mother-to-be-Gift-Box.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Holy crap the thread is a sticky!! Hurray! (it took me ages to find it:p)

actually its not :/ . my eyes are playing tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Okaaaayyyyyyy

so where will we have to look for it in future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

so where will we have to look for it in future?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Muskaan wrote: »
    Anyone seen those persil 18wash €1.49 in dublin stores?

I got this in Tesco the square Tallaght ( my mother tried to use a €2 pigsback voucher and they wouldnt except as said they would have owed her money back )

Also tried Tesco Celbridge but it was full price

Also note its just the white not the colours one.

I'm new to all this but thanks to everyone for all the advice & savings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

ladysaint wrote: »
    I got this in Tesco the square Tallaght ( my mother tried to use a €2 pigsback voucher and they wouldnt except as said they would have owed her money back )

Also tried Tesco Celbridge but it was full price

Also note its just the white not the colours one.

I'm new to all this but thanks to everyone for all the advice & savings :)

was in tesco ashbourne on Sunday and that deal wasnt on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

Coupon:
    70c off any product within the CAREFREE® range on pigsback.com

Do any of you do these for the chance to win 1000 piggy points? They announce the previous days winner in each daily crossword and I've noticed the the same winner has won for 2 days running, technical error or are they having us on?! I mean that can just put any old name and we wouldn't know any difference.

• Advertisement

I do them. Havent won yet.

Supervalu has plenty on offer for 1.66 at the min

Use the 75 cent fresh magazine coupon plus pigsback coupon to get it for almost free ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ewkol

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

ewkol wrote: »
    Competition Terms and Conditions: "...Maximum of 5,000 free Casa di Mama pizza vouchers available..."

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

got mine

I got mine and after 2 hours delivery guy knocking to the door!!!

funny coincident

ewkol wrote: »
    I got mine and after 2 hours delivery guy knocking to the door!!!

funny coincident

Ah feck that must mean i was too late, still haven't got mine

Are you guys talking about something else, the ones I signed up for are coupons sent out in the post, not an actual pizza!!??

Irishchick wrote: »
    Are you guys talking about something else, the ones I signed up for are coupons sent out in the post, not an actual pizza!!??

They're just taking the piss :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Telegraph - Meet Britain's queen of 'extreme couponing'
    You don’t want to be stuck in the queue behind Judith Wenban when she’s doing her big weekly shop.
    “I’ve got a special little wallet in my handbag with all my vouchers in,” says the 39-year-old midwife from Gravesend, Kent. “I drive supermarkets batty.”

Accompanying tonight's 'The Ultimate Guide to Penny Pinching' on Channel4

• Advertisement

tat wasn't my pizza some neighbour order it. But that was funny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement