Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Irishchick wrote: »
    Don't bother spending money on a paper you can see the weekly deals online at the supermarkets website .

D'oh! Can't believe I didn't think of that.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

I have come across this site recently: https://uk.mcvitiesvipclub.co.uk/

It will accept Republic of Ireland addresses and issues coupons for products in euro also.

Basically you collect points from selected McVities packs (Jaffa Cakes, Digestives etc) and upload the codes to the website.

The more points you collect you can spend on different products and coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Get a coupon for a free stir and serve soup here:

http://www.ithastobeheinz.ie/products/61

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Can someone put up a multiple pdf of the Irish Pride Coupons (as per their facebook page) please as they are on offer in Centra for €1 each (but unsure which one of the breads it is!!!

thanks
    (i have a freezer to fill of bread!!!)

also their butter is €1 a lb and it freezes!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Can someone put up a multiple pdf of the Irish Pride Coupons (as per their facebook page) please as they are on offer in Centra for €1 each (but unsure which one of the breads it is!!!

thanks

Had these ones saved. I found if I printed them smaller, the text was not legible (print in black/white, as waste of colour!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Not sure if these will print clearly but thought folk would complain that the others were too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I struck it lucky in T*sc* Friday with my PB coupons. The cashier scanned them all, even though I pointed out to her that I hadn't bought one item and tried to take the coupon back. She then rescanned to make sure the coupons went through and the discount was double applied. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Picked up some of the €1.49 Persil Small and Might in Tesco in Mullingar yesterday. Used a few Pigsback coupons but did not go too crazy with them.

There were still lots of these €1.49 Persil left on the shelf in Mullingar. (even after me).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Re Dunnes offer, mine is E160 spend for the month
    of course it is worth it
    160 lts of sqeez for E80 (with coupon) PLUS addtional E40 back at Christmas so 160lt for E40 PLUS as someone else said 25% extra points this week so 40 extra points PLUS the original 160 points so 200 points = E2? 160lt for E38 I just might drive them wild at the tills with that one (esp as they will only accept 6 coupons before they call a supervisor!!!):D

When are Dunes sending out these mailings does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Just buy the own brand ones, Dunnes are 93c. Perfect.

BNM anyway.

I can't get the coupon to download - would you have it as a pdf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

I have come across this site recently: https://uk.mcvitiesvipclub.co.uk/

It will accept Republic of Ireland addresses and issues coupons for products in euro also.

Basically you collect points from selected McVities packs (Jaffa Cakes, Digestives etc) and upload the codes to the website.

The more points you collect you can spend on different products and coupons.
    this is cool thanks got me 25 points so far :D

how long have i been missing out on this :D ?

Whitehawk wrote: »
    this is cool thanks got me 25 points so far :D

how long have i been missing out on this :D ?

Probably as long as me as I only came across the site by chance yesterday.

There hasn't been any store promotions here regarding the site and its offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

butterkrust bread in supervalu for 1 euro,60cent off coupon on pigsback

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Dors1976 wrote: »
    I can't get the coupon to download - would you have it as a pdf?
    I have tried for the last couple of days to download their coupons with no joy, have emailed them with also no joy:mad::mad:. has anyone managed to get them:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

smccarrick wrote: »
    Re Dunnes offer, mine is E160 spend for the month
    of course it is worth it
    160 lts of sqeez for E80 (with coupon) PLUS addtional E40 back at Christmas so 160lt for E40 PLUS as someone else said 25% extra points this week so 40 extra points PLUS the original 160 points so 200 points = E2? 160lt for E38 I just might drive them wild at the tills with that one (esp as they will only accept 6 coupons before they call a supervisor!!!):D

When are Dunes sending out these mailings does anyone know?

I'd like to know that too. Christmas is just around the corner and no vouchers yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Probably as long as me as I only came across the site by chance yesterday. There hasn't been any store promotions here regarding the site and its offers.

That's not true. McVities have had this going since September 2010. It was heavily promoted in Tesco and Dunnes last year and also has been promoted on the packs of biscuits for the past 15 months.
    Tbh it's geared towards the UK with Ireland added as an afterthought.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

Does anyone have a pdf of Bord na Mona firestarter? The website wont allow me to download the coupon.

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's not true. McVities have had this going since September 2010. It was heavily promoted in Tesco and Dunnes last year and also has been promoted on the packs of biscuits for the past 15 months.
    Tbh it's geared towards the UK with Ireland added as an afterthought.

They haven't been promoted on the McVities products that i've been purchasing for the past 15 months and i'm sure the other 5 Boardsies that thanked me for my post would probably agree.

If that was the case i'm sure it would have been mentioned here more frequently as we are all on the hunt here for money saving coupons.

You may think it as an afterthought but we do have a "major coupon shortage" here in Ireland but at least they are offering their Irish customers a chance to save some money.

But thanks for pointing out that my post wasn't true. If only your reply was more useful or relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 winda34

I am new to this couponing lark and printed out the Pigsback ones this morning and trotted orf to Tesco to see if they worked! Went to the self scan till and the first two (Comfort and Persil) worked fine but had to get the girl to validate the one for the McCambridge bread. I think the self service tills will only take 2 per transaction.

I got a real buzz from it, saving money! I am gonna take this up as a hobby! Fantastic thread by the way! Thanks Guys xx

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

rafaetha wrote: »
    I'd like to know that too. Christmas is just around the corner and no vouchers yet.

hey i rang customer care and they said they were being sent out the 8/9th of this month!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

thanks

Good offer, it seems it only the sandwich loaf. I'm going to pick some up, never used coupons in Centra before tho, anyone have any problems????

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

i use coupons in my local centra, the irish pride ones are manufacturers coupons so should be accepted, but just check with staff before using them

already has been pointed out that the butterkrust in SV at €1 and 60c on pigsback and in my SV i have 20c back per €1 spent this week so I can get 800g sliced pan of butterkrust for 20c!!!

i think i need another freezer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

i use coupons in my local centra, the irish pride ones are manufacturers coupons so should be accepted, but just check with staff before using them

already has been pointed out that the butterkrust in SV at €1 and 60c on pigsback and in my SV i have 20c back per €1 spent this week so I can get 800g sliced pan of butterkrust for 20c!!!

i think i need another freezer:D

No supervalu near me :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They haven't been promoted on the McVities products that i've been purchasing for the past 15 months and i'm sure the other 5 Boardsies that thanked me for my post would probably agree.
    If that was the case i'm sure it would have been mentioned here more frequently as we are all on the hunt here for money saving coupons.
    You may think it as an afterthought but we do have a "major coupon shortage" here in Ireland but at least they are offering their Irish customers a chance to save some money.
    But thanks for pointing out that my post wasn't true. If only your reply was more useful or relevant.

The promotion has been on McVities packs with a bright yellow logo for the past 15 months including Hobnobs, Digestives, JaffaCakes, Penguin etc. I know because I've been collecting points since September 2010.

Not every marketing promotion is mentioned on boards.ie never mind this forum. Just because you haven't noticed any store promotions does not mean there have been no store promotions. My local Tesco had an instore promotion on this in October 2010 and Supervalu had one in March 2011.

I stated that McVitiesVipclub decided to include Ireland as an afterthought because they offered rewards are of a lesser quality than for those in the UK. Initially they offered free packs of biscuits as rewards but that ran into problems as the vouchers I got were less than the cost of the products here, now they only offer coupons; in the UK they still offer free packs.
    Just to note you will need to keep the codes to send to them as proof of possession if you claim rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Persil Bio 28 wash is reduced to €5 in Tesco. Just €3 with the Pigsback voucher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Persil Bio 28 wash is reduced to €5 in Tesco. Just €3 with the Pigsback voucher :)

Got the 18 wash in tesco last week for €1.49, so could'nt use the voucher with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

dealdish wrote: »
    butterkrust bread in supervalu for 1 euro,60cent off coupon on pigsback
    It's not in their weekly ad, where did you see it advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Anyone been able to use the John West Tuna coupon yet (3 x 60g tins)?

I spend alot on tuna for kids lunches etc, so I have my coupons at the ready to stock up on this product .... but have never seen it on the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

I spend alot on tuna for kids lunches etc, so I have my coupons at the ready to stock up on this product .... but have never seen it on the shelves!

not able to find it either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Its on offer in Dunnes 2 packets of 3 for €3.50 so with 2 vouchers it only costs 25c per tin. Got it one day without any problem. Tried it again at the weekend and they wouldnt accept the vouchers as it is already on offer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement