Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Eoineo wrote: »
    Not 1 of any of my coupons worked in Tesco today. All legit, in date, not pulled by manufacturer. Very frustrating. Anybody else having this problem?

What do you mean by "worked"? Did they not scan or did the cashier not take them. If scanning is an issue make sure your printing them out big enough and the the bar codes can be easily read. Although the cashier will usually enter them manually if they don't scan.

Which coupons were you using and we can tell you if we have had any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

pinky 06 wrote: »
    Just fill in your email address and they will send you a coupon

http://www.ithastobeheinz.ie/products/61

yum :)

Where stocks these? Ive tried Dunnes and Tesco. None there :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

None in Superquinn either.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

pinky 06 wrote: »
    Just fill in your email address and they will send you a coupon

http://www.ithastobeheinz.ie/products/61

yum :)

There was a good selection of them in Tesco in Wilton, Cork last night...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Limerick Racecourse had a 5 Euro off voucher sent out in the mail, races coming up apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Irishchick wrote: »
    Eoineo wrote: »
    Not 1 of any of my coupons worked in Tesco today. All legit, in date, not pulled by manufacturer. Very frustrating. Anybody else having this problem?

What do you mean by "worked"? Did they not scan or did the cashier not take them. If scanning is an issue make sure your printing them out big enough and the the bar codes can be easily read. Although the cashier will usually enter them manually if they don't scan.

Which coupons were you using and we can tell you if we have had any problems with them.
    Pigsback for example didn't scan. Printed out fine, barcode clear & legible. They worked last week. Didn't work this week. The cashier had to enter them manually but it was a lengthy process.

Thats strange, do they try the hand held scanner that usually works.

Plenty fat rolls have gone up again , boo.

I noticed that butterkrust went up 5 cent as well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 obissett

any new coupons?

nope. Have a feeling there wont be any until the new year when the health craze starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Is it just me, or have the Love Irish Food coupons disappeared too? There were 3 a few days ago, appears to be none now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Prenderb wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have the Love Irish Food coupons disappeared too? There were 3 a few days ago, appears to be none now...

You are not alone ......cue close encounters music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Helium

McVities Victoria 750g tin of choc biscuits have €1 coupon inside for next purchase of same. Expires Jan. 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does anyone happen to have the Pigsback Sensodyne coupons. I was meant to print some last week and they now seem to be gone from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Comfort 1.5L reduced back down to €2.67 again in tesco. Pigsback voucher €1 makes it worth stocking up on at €1.67

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tried the CasaDiMama pizza. Not the nicest frozen pizza I've had, but still can't complain for a euro.

Tesco €2.50 plus pigsback coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Ribena up on PB now with €1 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sharkette

Presume UK coupons are accepted up the North...and even though I believe in buying Irish.... am going up the Norht in the new Year and would apprecaite any advice or reccommendations for coupons that I could use up there. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

I have my Christmas shopping done, and do not intend going near a supermarket again until the New Year.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow couponers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks for all the coupons/tips etc during the year! I'll be back in January with a vengance when I'm broke again :)

F

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am broke now :D i nearly died when the butcher told me how much the christmas meat came to

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Sharkette wrote: »
    Presume UK coupons are accepted up the North...and even though I believe in buying Irish.... am going up the Norht in the new Year and would apprecaite any advice or reccommendations for coupons that I could use up there. Thanks

Ho
    no coupon advice, but check out www.mysupermarket.co.uk

It compares the prices in asda, tesco, sainsburys and waitrose. At least you will know who has the best price on the things you actually want before you go.

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sharkette

Fran79 wrote: »
    Ho
    no coupon advice, but check out www.mysupermarket.co.uk

It compares the prices in asda, tesco, sainsburys and waitrose. At least you will know who has the best price on the things you actually want before you go.

HTH
    Thanks

Ive had zero luck finding any new coupons. Anyone else had better luck??

Hopefully in the new year when everyone is broke we will see some new ones :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

As a side note, Extreme Couponing series 3 began last night. Haven't watched it yet but they appear to be changing the series into a competition (its called "Extreme Couponing: Allstars") pitting two couponers against each other to see who can have the biggest savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Usually McDonalds and Burger King have books of vouchers starting 1 week in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hi all,just marking my place,was without a printer for a year but extreme couponing has fired me up and just got a new one so i'm ready to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

iMax wrote: »
    As a side note, Extreme Couponing series 3 began last night. Haven't watched it yet but they appear to be changing the series into a competition (its called "Extreme Couponing: Allstars") pitting two couponers against each other to see who can have the biggest savings.

What channel was it on I have UPC not sky.

deelite wrote: »
    What channel was it on I have UPC not sky.

Its on TLC.
    You can stream it over their web portal, or download the full episodes when they make them available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

sitting here in the states at the minute and its shocking how many coupons they actually get everyday, just in flyers and newspapers, if only Ireland would do that

daytob wrote: »
    sitting here in the states at the minute and its shocking how many coupons they actually get everyday, just in flyers and newspapers, if only Ireland would do that

Supply & demand.

Hopefully if we keep using the ones we have companies will be persuaded to provide more.

• Advertisement

Irishchick wrote: »
    Supply & demand.

Hopefully if we keep using the ones we have companies will be persuaded to provide more.

Do what I do- ring their customer care lines, their advertising office, their global corporate offices- and tell them that while you love their products- that they're simply too expensive on our depleted wages, and while you'd rather continue to use their products- unless they can incentivise you to do so you are going to purchase competitors products (and have a list of competitors products and their prices versus the prices of the products you're calling about).

Kimberley Clarke and several other conglomerates are more than happy to supply coupons to individuals who call them individually- and if enough of us do so- and make it a bitch to mail them out separately, well, perhaps they might be convinced publishing them (by whatever means) is a more viable approach.

Playing off Kimberley Clarke against Proctor and Gamble and vice versa, works particularly well in my experience....... :D

Ps- I'd like to emphasise- do your homework and have proper lists of competitors products and prices before doing this........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement