Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dealdish wrote: »
    for shoppers in gorey area .tesco use till number 9 mostly for spits.also please does anyone have aquafresh coupon saved,the full range is now reduced in tesco.one more thing strawberry ribena makes fab milkshakes and icecream and seemingly great wine

Is till number 9 the special spitter?
    My experience with my store is that any manned till gives you spits, but not customer service or self-service. I guess it varies by store.

Please tell me how strawberry ribena makes great wine.. I'll stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

WTF are people talking about? Are the cashiers spitting at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Monotype wrote: »

Tesco gives you 2 reciepts sometimes with money of vouchers or extra clubcard points and people call them spits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Monotype wrote: »

Obviously never shops at Tesco :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Tesco gives you 2 reciepts sometimes with money of vouchers or extra clubcard points and people call them spits

Ah, I've never heard that, thanks. :) I thought that they were just offers on at various stages that everyone got -and they were rubbish offers any time I got them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

dealdish wrote: »
    for shoppers in gorey area .tesco use till number 9 mostly for spits.also please does anyone have aquafresh coupon saved,the full range is now reduced in tesco.one more thing strawberry ribena makes fab milkshakes and icecream and seemingly great wine

afaik that aquafresh coupon was only for each person on pigsback, its registered to your name, so its a big no no for people to post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Whitehall_Bohs

Hi,

Is it at the discression of the store if they take PB coupons on items that are already reduced?
    Wife used Ribena coupon last week in DS and got ribena for €0.89 (€1.89 - €1 coupon).
    Different DS this week the cashier said she can't accept the PB coupon as the Ribena is already on special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hi,

Is it at the discression of the store if they take PB coupons on items that are already reduced?
    Wife used Ribena coupon last week in DS and got ribena for €0.89 (€1.89 - €1 coupon).
    Different DS this week the cashier said she can't accept the PB coupon as the Ribena is already on special.

Yes. I've never been refused a coupon though.

If you look at the PB coupons....

It must not be used for any other product or in conjunction with any other promotional discount or coupon on Ribena.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

I get such a kick out of using a good coupon.

Yesterday in tesco the Comfort was reduced from 4.00 to 2.00. I used my pigsback €1 coupon.

So I got a €4 bottle of fabric conditioner for only €1. Fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

Any Actimel coupons ? ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Please tell me how strawberry ribena makes great wine.. I'll stock up!

Who knew??? Ribena wine.... http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3655

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wynnie A

Any Actimel coupons ? ? :)

couldn't find any actimel ones. Danacol coupons are around

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

I got a little coupon booklet in the post today from Tesco - with €6.75 worth of coupons, plus 2x50 extra points coupons ...mostly on items I regularly purchase (only slight product variance e.g extra points coupon on 1.75L Supermilk when I would normally only buy a 1L carton)

I do find tesco the best supermarket in relation using to coupons, since I started using coupons in an "extreme" fashion :D in the past 6 months. Good to get an opportunity to knock an extra few extra euros off my shopping bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

I got a little coupon booklet in the post today from Tesco - with €6.75 worth of coupons, plus 2x50 extra points coupons ...mostly on items I regularly purchase (only slight product variance e.g extra points coupon on 1.75L Supermilk when I would normally only buy a 1L carton)

I do find tesco the best supermarket in relation using to coupons, since I started using coupons in an "extreme" fashion :D in the past 6 months. Good to get an opportunity to knock an extra few extra euros off my shopping bill!

I got these in the post today aswell - one of them was for double points for my next entire shop. One is for Ben & Jerrys - an indication I buy way too much of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I havent gotten anything from tescos yet. Hopefully might get some in a day or 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why did you guys get this coupon booklet? Is there new grocery competition in your local area? Can you remember if you opted in for marketing material from Clubcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ladysaint wrote: »
    I got these in the post today aswell - one of them was for double points for my next entire shop. One is for Ben & Jerrys - an indication I buy way too much of it ;)

i got one. took it with me today. got some of the items on it. then realised afterward i had forgotten to use the bleeding coupons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why did you guys get this coupon booklet? Is there new grocery competition in your local area? Can you remember if you opted in for marketing material from Clubcard?

Not sure why I got these, other than I'm a clubcard member and would do a big shop there about twice a month. I'm not aware of another store opening locally - the branch I shop in (Maynooth) is like a tesco superstore, so doubt they are worried about competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

dareden wrote: »
    I get such a kick out of using a good coupon.

Yesterday in tesco the Comfort was reduced from 4.00 to 2.00. I used my pigsback €1 coupon.

So I got a €4 bottle of fabric conditioner for only €1. Fantastic! :D

I'm going to do this and use my 50c coupon which came in my little booklet from tesco so comfort for 50c!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

60c of cushelle

http://www.facebook.com/cushellekoala?sk=app_312844218728571

click on take koala home and there is a link at the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

I have a $5 off voucher for the online eTrendzShop in New Jersey, if anyone is interested. Got a beautiful XOXO bag off them and they sent the voucher but I have no use for it. If interested please pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Danacol 6 pack is €3 in Tesco at the moment, use the €2 Danacol coupon from the attachments here and get 6 for €1!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

lilacclery wrote: »
    I'm going to do this and use my 50c coupon which came in my little booklet from tesco so comfort for 50c!!!

Were you able to use your Pigsback & Tesco coupon together?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Supersavvyme.co.uk has a voucher
    - Bold 2 in 1 €1 off at Tesco

75c off James Wellbeloved dog treats - coupon is emailed to you.

€4 off James Wellbeloved Dry Cat Food 1.5kg - coupon is emailed to you.

ladysaint wrote: »
    Were you able to use your Pigsback & Tesco coupon together?

Just trying it today will let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Delighted to save €1 on two 500g Flora Lights today. Thank you to the Boardsie who put that coupon up. However, we got that tube of tomato sauce that was around for free recently - the family member who tasted it said it was awful and threw it out. Can't win 'em all I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Thanks to all contributors on this thread, i have learnt loads. Did a Tesco shop during the week and took the total from 64e to 36e. What a buzz. Only bought one thing that i regret, and have learnt my lesson.

Just one question. I am a facebook virgin, i have registered. It crops up a lot throughout the thread that if you like a certain brand on facebook then you can get your coupon. Is this only valid for a short while?, as when i follow the link i can see no mention the offer. Sorry for possibly daft question.

Again thanks to all who have gone to the trouble to post. Delighted with my new education.

Well done what did you make your savings on?

Like Irish pride on Facebook there are coupons there not sure about any others

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

I did the Comfort and Persil deals, Ribena, Danocol and Heinz. All in Tescos. The one i regret is the why not bars, i don't normally like buying biscuits if i can avoid it. the fact they were less than 100 cals sold me, but they were only mediocre TBH. i'd homebake better for less.

I have been extremely price aware for some time now, but i find this threads approach really fine tunes your skills.

I also firmly agree with previous posters about Aldi and Lidl for most of my shop.
    and If the branded version isnt at least in line with own brands in these stores then its not worth it.

But boy, between thinking about discounts and coupons, cholestoral and low calorie, meal planning, what needs using up, in the fridge or the veg garden and who is going to be home for dinner, its skill should not be underestimated. Sure is fun though.!!!

Improving the buzz, must be finding a new coupon to post on here, any hints or tips on how you trawl for coupons? What days of the week are best, do you sign up for every newsletter? Other OCDers (obsessive coupon disorder) i want to hear from you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I can't believe you think some of us have OCD.
    I had to read it 17 times to make sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement