Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

But 17 is an UNEVEN number:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

mrswalton wrote: »

I also firmly agree with previous posters about Aldi and Lidl for most of my shop.

With coupons you can get items cheaper than lidl or Aldi. Anyway I like to support Irish products. Most of the "Irish" products in both stores are NI or just packaged here, not manufactured. That's a story for a different thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Irishchick wrote: »
    With coupons you can get items cheaper than lidl or Aldi. Anyway I like to support Irish products. Most of the "Irish" products in both stores are NI or just packaged here, not manufactured. That's a story for a different thread though.

Is there another thread for this subject, if so I'd like to check it out? I was horrified a while back to discover that Boyne Valley honey is not Irish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Did tesco take all the coupons comfort? it usually says on the coupon that it cannot be used with other promotions

That's what i meant, if the coupon branded product IS cheaper or on par with Lidl/Aldi own brand, then in my mind it's worth it.

You're right, i like to support Irish products/workers too ( I missed that off my list of conditions to have to juggle with when shopping ) My OH works for Lidl occasionally and i felt guilty shopping in Aldi when Aldi opened 20 minutes drive closer than Lidl.

But i got over the guilt. I have to feed my family, and less driving is helping to save the planet;)

Sorry, it's too good a thread to go off topic.

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

Is there another thread for this subject, if so I'd like to check it out? I was horrified a while back to discover that Boyne Valley honey is not Irish!!
    Not that I know of. You could start one I suppose. Yeah boyne valley honey is Dutch as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

lilacclery wrote: »
    dareden wrote: »
    I get such a kick out of using a good coupon.

Yesterday in tesco the Comfort was reduced from 4.00 to 2.00. I used my pigsback €1 coupon.

So I got a €4 bottle of fabric conditioner for only €1. Fantastic! :D

I'm going to do this and use my 50c coupon which came in my little booklet from tesco so comfort for 50c!!!
    It was possible, saved €8.60 my arms couldn't carry any more weight 4 bottles comfort 2 ribena 2 Heinz fridge packs pack carefree flexi.

Would have got Irish pride except they were all out of the ones on special

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

anyone got heinz coupon saved and what price does it work out at .goodfellos pizza i sv yesterday for 1.69 so got 30 for 20 euro..also selling off robinsons for 2euro and coupon on pb for 75c,its the double concentrate new one ,anyone tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Got my free Casa di Mama pizza coupon in the post this morning :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Me too :)

Dunnes have CapriSun 10 pack at €2 plus there's a coupon on pigsback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wynnie A

snubbleste wrote: »
    Me too :)

Dunnes have CapriSun 10 pack at €2 plus there's a coupon on pigsback.

I could only find the Caprisun Orange 10 pack in Dunnes for € 2.00. The coupon doesn't list the Orange ones. They only quoted cherry, Berry ... Wasn't sure if I could still use the coupon

dealdish wrote: »
    .goodfellos pizza i sv yesterday for 1.69 so got 30 for 20 euro..

Got my goodfellos pizzas for .69 today, thanks for tip.

The pigsback pizza has a really long date so im going to wait till its buy one get one so I get 2 free :P

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Does anybody know do dunnes work the same as tesco regards tesco... Do they just scan the coupon same as tesco or have they to manually input the coupon, Also how does super valu work them. I've never used coupons anywhere else other than tesco.

How does dunnes/supervalu compare to tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wynnie A

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Does anybody know do dunnes work the same as tesco regards tesco... Do they just scan the coupon same as tesco or have they to manually input the coupon, Also how does super valu work them. I've never used coupons anywhere else other than tesco.

How does dunnes/supervalu compare to tesco?

I tried the coupons at all three, Tesco, Dunnes and Supervalu and they all had to type them in manually at the end of the transaction to it just says ' coupon 1.00'

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Wynnie A wrote: »
    I tried the coupons at all three, Tesco, Dunnes and Supervalu and they all had to type them in manually at the end of the transaction to it just says ' coupon 1.00'

All my coupons seem to scan at tesco, I was just wondering what way the other stores work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Got my goodfellos pizzas for .69 today, thanks for tip.

where is the goodfella pizza coupon? i had old supervalu specific ones but they expired Nov 2011. Thx!

holly8 wrote: »
    where is the goodfella pizza coupon? i had old supervalu specific ones but they expired Nov 2011. Thx!

You'll find them on the pdf list on the first post of this thread. They are just called good. Valid til april 2012

Where do you get the free pizza coupon, is it still available?

Just seen on BA, offer was on pigsback FB from November. Oh Well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

You'll find them on the pdf list on the first post of this thread. They are just called good. Valid til april 2012

thanks mrswalton ...we go through a lot of pizza in our house

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

The pigsback pizza has a really long date so im going to wait till its buy one get one so I get 2 free :P

Mine only has a date in Feb on it so only a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

With pigsback coupons, because they are issued with your name on them, is it possible to reprint them and use them again? Also, how often do pigsback change their coupons? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

imfml wrote: »
    With pigsback coupons, because they are issued with your name on them, is it possible to reprint them and use them again? Also, how often do pigsback change their coupons? Thanks
    you can reprint but you need a different codw on each. just go back out and choose it again

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Thanks, and one last question (new to this!), has anyone used coupons while shopping online with tesco? Any problems & how does it work at checkout online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

imfml wrote: »
    Thanks, and one last question (new to this!), has anyone used coupons while shopping online with tesco? Any problems & how does it work at checkout online?

By signing up to eCoupons, the coupons you receive in your Clubcard statement will then feature a code that can be used online, rather than in store.

Unfortunately, you can't currently use standard coupons online.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/ecoupons.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

Hi does anyone have a copy of the uncle bens coupon? Thought i had it saved but cant find it now!!

fgaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

fgaha wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have a copy of the uncle bens coupon? Thought i had it saved but cant find it now!!

fgaha

The 50c off Rice and sauces one expired on ths 31st December 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

brian_t wrote: »
    The 50c off Rice and sauces one expired on ths 31st December 2011

Sorry for some reason thought it went into 2012. Might send them an email!

Just noticed Supervalu has Irish Pride Healthy Grain on offer at €1, so with coupon for 50cent off you will get it for 50cent(sorry if it has already been posted)

Fgaha

• Advertisement

Got my Healthy Pride for .5o in SV today, they also have Carefree product reduced to 84c with a 70c coupon on Pigsback are only .14c if anyone is interested.

SV also have €1 vouchers on the wall in their tea section for Lyons green tea with mint or lemon or plain. Used one in Tescos where they are reduced to €3 (from 3.99 i think) Had a cup of the lemon one this afternoon and its considerably nicer than plain green tea.

Tesco new offers has Mc Cambridges bread 2 for 2.50. coupons for 60c on PB, :D

Freezer full of pizza, fridge full of danocol, and cupboard full of Comfort. Well pleased.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement