Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Hi all, I don't know if this link is up, http://apps.facebook.com/ricefusions/, sign up and you get a coupon to get the ricefusion for free.

I have a Question for poeple, My family think that I am mad for looking for coupons, I think they don't understand thst I am a single parent trying to live on not much money and no one to help me, if i can save money by using coupons I will continue doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I have a Question for poeple, My family think that I am mad for looking for coupons, I think they don't understand thst I am a single parent trying to live on not much money and no one to help me, if i can save money by using coupons I will continue doing so.

Totally agree! just show them a receipt of how much you saved on any particular shop and rub it in their noses, (Nicely though!)

When they see how much can be saved, they will come to you looking for coupons! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

/feels like a proud parent

lol too patronising, you say? :D

Some "real life" coupons news: today in SuperValu I picked up some Lyons Decaffeinated Tea and Lyons (mint, lemon, simple) Green Tea coupons for 1 euro off each. Hope your supermarket has them too, they are in the teas isle, pick them from little dispensers where the relative teas are (I am now waiting for some relevant discount, they are valid until the end of 2013 lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Eileen36

Hi all, I don't know if this link is up, http://apps.facebook.com/ricefusions/, sign up and you get a coupon to get the ricefusion for free.

Hi
    If you read terms:

"This Coupon offer is open to UK residents only aged 16 or over except employees of Birds Eye. Republic of Ireland excluded."

I spotted this last week and emailed their customer service asking where the Euro coupon was. I got a reply saying they had passed my email onto the marketing department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

5% off your school books order online at www.carlowschoolbooks.ie promo code SB2011

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Hello Tesco (Galway ) refused the Killeen coupon this eveing, even though they had accepted them twice earlier in the week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Helium

€3 Finish dishwashing coupons

http://www.finish.ie/coupons/

I have used the killeen coupon in Monaghan atleast 4 times sofar only once did the store staff look at them and I am hoping to use more soon

• Advertisement

Access, I have shown them the reciept but that is just my family, they don't understand that you can make big savings, I got coupons for buy one get one free for pot noodles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

For the people who were asking to PDF the Facebook stuff for them: I have no idea how to do that and I think on general you may be missing out if you wait for other users to do that for every offer that is exclusive to FB... Instead, why not create a Fb account to subscribe for coupons, competitions etc? ;) it doesn't have to be your real name, it can be just an "utility" account. For example, at the moment I am using my real name account but i know that soon I will have to set up an account like that cause my newscast is becoming (more) hectic lol

Would it not be far easier if, as a courtesy, people posted the actual vouchers instead of just links? I'd imagine some or most people copy and paste them into something, I'm sure everyone would appreciate an attachment containing a voucher rather than a link. Only if someone has already copied into a document of course, no need to go out of your way if you're just printing one.

Or maybe not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Helium wrote: »
    €3 Finish dishwashing coupons

http://www.finish.ie/coupons/

And Finish Quantum lemon 40-pack is reduced from €16.99 to €8.49 in Tesco until June 21st!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Eileen36

rickyjb wrote: »
    Would it not be far easier if, as a courtesy, people posted the actual vouchers instead of just links? I'd imagine some or most people copy and paste them into something, I'm sure everyone would appreciate an attachment containing a voucher rather than a link. Only if someone has already copied into a document of course, no need to go out of your way if you're just printing one.

Or maybe not...

I will try to do that from now on but some are directly printed for FB-but will check if I can save and then put a attachment up here.

A possible route is maybe to drop the company an email saying you would like one of their money off coupon but do not have a FB account so can they email/post it to you instead-it might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭lau1247

Gonna try out the killeen's coupon today..

I'm curious, watching the show people said they dedicate up from anything in the region of 20 hours to 60 hours.. I'd like to know how much time people here spend typically??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

leitirmeas wrote: »
    Hello Tesco (Galway ) refused the Killeen coupon this eveing, even though they had accepted them twice earlier in the week,

Exact same story as in my local tesco. It scans and the message on the screen is "coupon not ready yet" or something like this. Then the manager refused the coupon even though I had used it there 3 days before.

Different story in Dunnes though. They took 10 minutes to check with the manager and finally accepted. Shop assistant was mesmerized with the savings :)

Does anyone know if the killeen voucher can be used at Superquinn or Supervalu or any other store?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Still re Killeen coupon:

Killeen Colour Grab 33% Extra Free = €2.60 at Dunnes.

Two for €5.20 - €5.00 = €0.20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

re: kileen voucher
    i think it's been pulled,,just went onto the site and it's gone off it :rolleyes:

Thank you for visiting our voucher page.

Unfortunately the download limit has been reached. For all the latest offers and news on Killeen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Kileen, it's only a matter of time before this is pulled, it's gonna cost them a fortune, I got to use it about 5/6 times so far....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

didnt someone post a pdf of the kileen one here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Ask and ye shall receive...
    Here's a link directly to the coupon: http://bit.ly/KilleenWebVoucher

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hellomynameis

emailed mcdonalds to see why my local wouldnt accept them and got this reply

Thank you for your email, I am very sorry that your daughter had a bad experience in one of our stores and apologise on behalf of the restaurant concerned. I have passed your comments on to the restaurant and its owner directly to ask them to contact you on this issue. From a head office point of view, we ask that our vouchers are redeemed in all stores, and as you correctly point out, there are no terms or conditions printed on there to indicate whether certain stores would not redeem them. As such, it was the individual restaurant concerned that chose not to redeem the coupon (which you may have downloaded from the intranet?) and so I have requested them to respond to you directly with an explanation and apology.

Kind regards,

Lorna

Brand Manager

P.s I never said she had a bad experience, just that she was refused, Its not that big of a deal, i just wanted to know why a mcdonalds wouldnt accept a mcdonalds coupon when it wasnt written anywhere that they may not accept them, at least theyre acknowledging me.

lau1247 wrote: »
    Gonna try out the killeen's coupon today..

I'm curious, watching the show people said they dedicate up from anything in the region of 20 hours to 60 hours.. I'd like to know how much time people here spend typically??

10 mins a week... except for all the replying time on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Helium

rafaetha wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the killeen voucher can be used at Superquinn or Supervalu or any other store?

Wife used one sucessfully in Supervalu and Dunnes today no questions asked.
    Say it's only matter of hours before they're pulled completely though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭CH3OH

In Tesco,
    Used The Big Al’s coupon for €1 off the Home Style quarter pounders and used an additional €1 euro off Burger voucher : net price €1.49 for 4. 2 vouchers against the one purchase. Bought 2 packs
    Used the Big Als Squeez orange juice 50 cent off voucher. Product was 2 for €2 . Used 2 vouchers for 2 cartons. Net price: 50 cent a litre
    Used the Pigsback €1 off Dettol spray against Dettol bathroom spray on offer @ €1.97 . net price 97 cent. Bought 2 used 2 vouchers
    Chanced a Killeen’s voucher on €5.05! of products . Took a while to go through but eventually did. Net price : 5 cents
    Used the Brennans bread 20 cent off(you can’t beat Brennan’s bread)
    Went to Supervalu and used a Killeen’s Voucher against Black sacks 3 packs €5.22. Net price 22 cents.
    Used the Pigsback €1 euro off JOHNSON’S Baby 2in1 Bubble Bath & Wash which was on offer @€;1. 99 cents. Bought 2 used 2 vouchers
    Interestingly Supervalu don’t scan the bar codes so the checkout operator manually took has to add the coupons.

Total saving : €20.20

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

For those of you looking for the best value use of their Killeen voucher (provided you can still use it) below is a list of Killeen special offers available in Superquinn and Dunnes Stores - this is from the Killeen website.

"Special Offers

We've a great range of special offers available all around the country.
    Check out what's on offer in your favourite stores.

Product Offer Begins Ends
    SUPERQUINN
    Killeen Heavy Duty Refuse Sacks 33% Off 06.06.11 16.07.11
    Killeen 10 Refuse Sacks 33% Off 06.06.11 16.07.11
    DUNNES
    Killeen Lemon Grfruit Anti-Bac Wipes Buy for €1 15.06.11 05.07.11
    Killeen 10 Refuse Sacks 2 for €3 15.06.11 05.07.11
    Killeen 10 Heavy Duty Sacks 2 for €4 15.06.11 05.07.11
    Killeen Colour Grab 33% Extra Buy for €2.60 15.06.11 05.07.11"

CH3OH wrote: »
    In Tesco,
    Used The Big Al’s coupon for €1 off the Home Style quarter pounders and used an additional €1 euro off Burger voucher : net price €1.49 for 4. 2 vouchers against the one purchase. Bought 2 packs
    Used the Big Als Squeez orange juice 50 cent off voucher. Product was 2 for €2 . Used 2 vouchers for 2 cartons. Net price: 50 cent a litre
    Used the Pigsback €1 off Dettol spray against Dettol bathroom spray on offer @ €1.97 . net price 97 cent. Bought 2 used 2 vouchers
    Chanced a Killeen’s voucher on €5.05! of products . Took a while to go through but eventually did. Net price : 5 cents
    Used the Brennans bread 20 cent off(you can’t beat Brennan’s bread)
    Went to Supervalu and used a Killeen’s Voucher against Black sacks 3 packs €5.22. Net price 22 cents.
    Used the Pigsback €1 euro off JOHNSON’S Baby 2in1 Bubble Bath & Wash which was on offer @€;1. 99 cents. Bought 2 used 2 vouchers
    Interestingly Supervalu don’t scan the bar codes so the checkout operator manually took has to add the coupons.

Total saving : €20.20

Now thats the way to do it! well done! - you did your homework there!

one thing though... you can beat brennans bread... at roughly 1.60 a loaf in tesco/dunnes, i find the premium "yellow wrapper" bread in lidl or aldi is the exact same and for only 89cent!

And folks, dont forget... when you use any major shop check the back of your receipts... there are many decent offers on there too... some hotel breaks but some also for pizza parlours and burger joints! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

God I need to buy a printer! I love couponing but I'm so restricted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does anyone know what triggers Tesco till spits? You may get one printed just after your receipt and are for money-off or extra points.

I don't know why I get one sometimes and not at others, if there is a minimum spend, contingent on use of a clubcard, etc..?
    Recently got a 50c of Tesco milk 2l, 50c off Tiger loaf, a free Tesco sim card and 80 points for Tesco fresh pasta sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭CH3OH

siber wrote: »
    For those of you looking for the best value use of their Killeen voucher (provided you can still use it) below is a list of Killeen special offers available in Superquinn and Dunnes Stores - this is from the Killeen website.

"Special Offers
    Dunnes

Killeen 10 Heavy Duty Sacks 2 for €4 15.06.11 "

I "paid":rolleyes: €1.74 each in Supervalu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement