Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@phasers
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-ML-1665-Mono-Laser-Printer/dp/B003G9XNXI/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1308414825&sr=1-2

we bought this one already used up the toner that came with it. over 700 pages !
    toner for it comes to 50 odd euros and when we bought it, the printer was 50 euros delivered.
    the toner will print up to 1500 pages. so it will pay for itself. just if ya wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

lau1247 wrote: »
    Gonna try out the killeen's coupon today..

I'm curious, watching the show people said they dedicate up from anything in the region of 20 hours to 60 hours.. I'd like to know how much time people here spend typically??

Personally, between research of coupons, mails, here on the forum and teaming up the coupons with the offers...maybe 5 hours a week? but I am a huge noobie here in Ireland!
    Anyway I wish we had the amount of coupons they have, I would probably invest more time.
    Access wrote: »
    10 mins a week... except for all the replying time on here!

LOL
    phasers wrote: »
    God I need to buy a printer! I love couponing but I'm so restricted
    I hear ya.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Does anyone know what triggers Tesco till spits? You may get one printed just after your receipt and are for money-off or extra points.

I don't know why I get one sometimes and not at others, if there is a minimum spend, contingent on use of a clubcard, etc..?
    Recently got a 50c of Tesco milk 2l, 50c off Tiger loaf, a free Tesco sim card and 80 points for Tesco fresh pasta sauce.
    I don't have a clue but it would be interesting to know!
    daytob wrote: »
    @phasers
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-ML-1665-Mono-Laser-Printer/dp/B003G9XNXI/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1308414825&sr=1-2

we bought this one already used up the toner that came with it. over 700 pages !
    toner for it comes to 50 odd euros and when we bought it, the printer was 50 euros delivered.
    the toner will print up to 1500 pages. so it will pay for itself. just if ya wanted
    Mono means it only prints in black and white, true? Thanky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Just back from Dunnes. They refused the Persil coupons as the product was on special offer anyway (fair enough).

But here's the biggie. They told me the Killeen coupon wasn't being honoured any more There's been a lot of people mis-useing it & the company have told them they're cutting it off. They weren't going to honour mine, but I stood my ground & told them that they'd have to unpack everything, credit the killeen goods I'd picked up off the total & I'd pay then. We had what felt like a couple of minutes (but was probably seconds) of awkward silence (interrupted by the off "what's the hold up?" from the queue & they then relented & processed them - I'd €12 worth of goods & was using two coupons.

@Tirabaralla
    yep mono means black and white, you dont need to be printing in colour, they still work.
    * all the ones we used have anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

iMax wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes. They refused the Persil coupons as the product was on special offer anyway (fair enough).

But here's the biggie. They told me the Killeen coupon wasn't being honoured any more There's been a lot of people mis-useing it & the company have told them they're cutting it off. They weren't going to honour mine, but I stood my ground & told them that they'd have to unpack everything, credit the killeen goods I'd picked up off the total & I'd pay then. We had what felt like a couple of minutes (but was probably seconds) of awkward silence (interrupted by the off "what's the hold up?" from the queue & they then relented & processed them - I'd €12 worth of goods & was using two coupons.

Fair dues for standing your ground... I agree... they should honour it... i will be using it and if they kick up, i would inform them i just received it by email from killeen and they should honour it.

when you say you were using 2 coupons, was that using 2 killeen coupons on one transaction or just 2 different coupons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Personally, between research of coupons, mails, here on the forum and teaming up the coupons with the offers...maybe 5 hours a week? but I am a huge noobie here in Ireland!
    Anyway I wish we had the amount of coupons they have, I would probably invest more time.

Just seen that "extreme couponing" on youtube and history channel on sky...

Thats it.... feck getting 50cent off fabric softner here... im moving to the US!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Two coupons in one transaction with €12 worth of goods.

The coupon doesn't limit the amount you spend, but the natural assumption would be that you would actually buy €5 or more worth of goods.

the wife and i usually do our shopping around the 5pm - 6pm mark. that way when the stores are reducing stuff as well we get a reduced price then use our coupons.
    the main ones that are there most evenings are the pigsback country crest. 50c off but when they are reduced the 1.50 its a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭uli84

oh pity people were misusing Kileen vouchers and they got discontinued, was hoping to use mine one tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

I used mine at 6ish this evening in supervalu, no problem really-they did check that I have spent 5 on Kileen products and I had so fair enough.
    I am intersted to see how much people are genuinely saving with coupons I did save about 7.50 off my usual shop sticking to products I usually buy. Are ye changing your usual product going with the vouchers?

• Advertisement

we saved over 17 euros recently buying the persil and comfort when they were on sale in tescos recently. its stuff that we always buy anyways so its nothing we wouldnt normally get. as for anything else we buy with the coupons we usually wait till they are on sale anyway then use the coupons. most of them have an expiry date a couple of months from now, so we hold onto them and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I use them mainly for items that I buy regularly.
    If something is on offer and coupon combined
    I'll give it a try if cheaper than one i'd normally. Wouldnt
    be buying something for the sake of saving a few euro.

daytob wrote: »
    @Tirabaralla
    yep mono means black and white, you dont need to be printing in colour, they still work.
    * all the ones we used have anyways

Yes, I know what you mean, it's just that I would need the printer also for crafting purposes so I am thinking of a "colours" one. But I wasn't sure about "mono" as english is not my first language.
    Thank you anyway!

@Tirabaralla

the problem with the colour one is its going to cost you a fair bit with ink if you print a lot like I do. but if you arent going to then it might be ok.
    then again with the money you save from some coupons you could just end up buying both, and having the mono one just for coupons ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

or just print coupons in black and white on the colour printer...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

Till when are the Dunnes deals valid? Ther is no Dunnes near us so might have to make a special trip

The johnsons baby wash is till 4 July according to sign yesterday when getting some. Not sure when others are done. I think most run for about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

This is probably obvious to most but before I go shopping now I always check the website of whatever supermarket I'm going to for special offers. I make a list of any one's that are on things we'd buy. Sometimes you'll get a special offer on something you don't need right now but will need soon, like washing powder, or an offer on something you do need but a different brand than you'd usually buy.

Shop around too. Something you really need might be on special offer elsewhere.

Not exactly couponing but it still saves money!

just back from a shop in tescos, used the €5 kileen voucher, its still being accepted in maynooth and we only got 5 euros worth of stuff. saved 15 euros though on everything else

ergonomics wrote: »
    This is probably obvious to most but before I go shopping now I always check the website of whatever supermarket I'm going to for special offers. I make a list of any one's that are on things we'd buy. Sometimes you'll get a special offer on something you don't need right now but will need soon, like washing powder, or an offer on something you do need but a different brand than you'd usually buy.

Shop around too. Something you really need might be on special offer elsewhere.

Not exactly couponing but it still saves money!

Very valid advice and it can be teamed with couponing, in fact this is what I do before the shopping, I go through all the special offers and pick the coupons for what is already discounted that I want to buy now or it's useful for us to stock up on. Most times it well worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Very valid advice and it can be teamed with couponing, in fact this is what I do before the shopping, I go through all the special offers and pick the coupons for what is already discounted that I want to buy now or it's useful for us to stock up on. Most times it well worth the hassle.

Definitely! For instance I almost always shop in Tesco. I knew I needed to get washing powder so I checked if they had any special offers. They didn't so I checked other sites and saw Dunnes had a 25 wash Daz box for under €5. We normally buy at 50 wash box for about €17 so this was working out at three times more expense than the smaller box for twice as many washes. If I hadn't checked I would have gone straight to Tesco and bought the more expensive box!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Ok I was in Dunnes yesterday and these are on offer:

Daz liquid 27 wash summer flower half price, now 2.74, no coupon needed.
    Daz 25 wash powder 33% off, now just under 4.37. no coupon needed.

Vanish sensitive gel 1L half price, now 2.99, plus if you use the pigsback 1.50 coupon, the price is 1.49.

Comfort 42 wash fabric conditioner half price, now 1.99 and with the pigsback 1.00 coupon its now 99c.

Persil 28 wash Bio small and mighty is also on offer and there is a 1.00 coupon on pigsback.

I know some of these have been mentioned before, but all of the above deals expire on 05/07/2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Hi all, just back from Dunnes and Tescos both accepted the killeen voucher for me, also used the €2 coupon for persil in Dunnes no problem bought 3 persil the staff member just ask me where to get the coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

my local store is supervalu, never use tesco, so can i get couponing with supervalu, i am glad to see this, i have followed the couponing programme in sky a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hi all, just back from Dunnes and Tescos both accepted the killeen voucher for me, also used the €2 coupon for persil in Dunnes no problem bought 3 persil the staff member just ask me where to get the coupons.

Regarding the persil coupon, it says limited to one coupon per purchase, did the cashier just let you through with 3 in one go?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Never usually a problem per purchase is if you buy one use one coupon buy 5 use 5. Per transaction would be only one coupon regardless how many you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Shame that we won't have the Killeen voucher anymore in a little while... Well, last Friday I tried to use it on my local Dunnes and the shop assistant took to the floor manager, who took it up to a higher manager. After 10 minutes I got a positive answer. It took so long that I'd say they called Killeen to ask about the coupon.

Earlier today (Sunday) I went over to the same Dunnes and the coupon was accepted again, no hassle, approved by the same floor manager. But this is a matter of time until they cancel it.

I'd say don't use more than one coupon in a single transaction, people. My opinion is that this is what is being considered mis-use by Killeen. If we all use it sparingly maybe they don't cancel it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

it is one coupon per purchase of persil so I bought 3 and by right i can use 3 checked it up first, as long as it doesn't say one per transation then you can use as many coupons as long as you buy the product

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

How often are the pigs back vouchers changed does anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I had an issue printing off my Finish coupon so I contacted Unilever and got the following response.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, this promotion has now finished and the coupons are no longer available. I am sorry for any disappointment this will cause.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Giselle Dussard

Bad form!:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement