Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old browsing history

• 30-05-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks, was wondering if anyone knows how to get your browsing history from three weeks or older? I've just recieved a ridiculous bill from o2, seven times the usual. I can't seem to find a way to view the history for the dates in question. Any help appreciated....cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What browser are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

On one of the mobile dongles is it? Prepay or Postpay? Is there not a built in usage checker for postpay when you login in to the O2 site? What's your usage allowance?

Put up the version number of whatever your browser is aswell.

O2 have a forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 24 thebugle

mp22 wrote: »
    What browser are you using?
    Explorer 8...

On one of the mobile dongles is it? Prepay or Postpay? Is there not a built in usage checker for postpay when you login in to the O2 site? What's your usage allowance?

Put up the version number of whatever your browser is aswell.

O2 have a forum here

It's a postpay hotshot(wireless for up to five devices).
    IE8 version no.,8.0.7600.16385

Haven't got the usage to hand but there was no problem before i got the hotshot with usage limits and it would have been used much more. Need to find what i'm supposed to have used massive amounts of MB on...

Cheers bud...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

thebugle wrote: »
    It's a postpay hotshot(wireless for up to five devices).
    IE8 version no.,8.0.7600.16385

Haven't got the usage to hand but there was no problem before i got the hotshot with usage limits and it would have been used much more. Need to find what i'm supposed to have used massive amounts of MB on...

Cheers bud...

Is it just yourself using it ? How good is the security ?
    The browsing history on its own won't tell you where all the MBs came from.

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Is it just yourself using it ? How good is the security ?
    The browsing history on its own won't tell you where all the MBs came from.

The security is fine. My young daughter plays on Disney and the likes but nothing was downloaded and there was never an issue before.
    I reckon if i can get the history from the dates involved i'll have some idea as to where these cowboys got this bill from...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If you have it set to only record the last 2 weeks for instance, you will have no record of your browsing history prior to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Press Ctrl + H together to bring up the search history box(when you have Explorer open in front of you) but as gunner said it may be set to save nothing even.

If security is fine....has your daughter started looking at youtube or any site with alot of video?

Video can use up MB pretty quick especially HD.

To find the history settings Click Tools-->Internet Options-->General Tab-->You'll see browsing history there, if the box is ticked it won't save anything-->Click Settings.

Press Ctrl + H together to bring up the search history box(when you have Explorer open in front of you) but as gunner said it may be set to save nothing even.

If security is fine....has your daughter started looking at youtube or any site with alot of video?

Video can use up MB pretty quick especially HD.

To find the history settings Click Tools-->Internet Options-->General Tab-->You'll see browsing history there, if the box is ticked it won't save anything-->Click Settings.

I only changed the history box from 3 weeks to 60 days the other day so i'd safely say i'm screwed. Looks like i'm gonna have to pay these robbin' fookers....boils the blood, i have to say!!
    Anyway, thanks for your help lads, much appreciated..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

O2 have a forum here
    thebugle wrote: »
    I only changed the history box from 3 weeks to 60 days the other day so i'd safely say i'm screwed. Looks like i'm gonna have to pay these robbin' fookers....boils the blood, i have to say!!
    Anyway, thanks for your help lads, much appreciated..!

Hal gave you the option of checking the O2 forum and talking directly to them. If I were you I'd post a query there, especially before just assuming that they have robbed you or are acting like cowboys. How do you know that your daughter hasn't been viewing YouTube or other videos? Does the Disney site have video?

Check with them and get back to us :)

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Hal gave you the option of checking the O2 forum and talking directly to them. If I were you I'd post a query there, especially before just assuming that they have robbed you or are acting like cowboys. How do you know that your daughter hasn't been viewing YouTube or other videos? Does the Disney site have video?

Check with them and get back to us :)

I'll do that,cheers...

Advertisement