Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options
  • 30-05-2011 5:16pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

Post whatever things that really get on your tits in Fifa.

One of mine would be the referee blowing for full or half time even though your half way in the other teams half and through on goal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Trying to take a quick throw out with your goalie and you end up giving it to the opposing teams striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Playing agains the Computer and the ref gives them every little free and to earn one yourself you have to be hacked down.

Defending Crosses and Corners is a lottery.

Packs in UT are a Joke and they want people to pay hard earned cash for them. Complete con.

Most of all Online Passport. I sold my PS3 version and had to take 10euro off the price I could normally charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Constantly being disconnected from the EA serves in the middle of a match, especially when there has been no lag or problems during the match. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Last man tackles by the goalkeeper. When your opponent brings their goalkeeper outside their box and you round him, and then he takes you down.

I wouldn't mind, but the 'keeper never gets booked, even though it should be a straight red!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

when playing on the hardest mode in career mode and trying to pass the ball through midfield is like trying to get through a brick wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

The ability to stand in front of the keeper and block his kick out is so daft...funny at first but in a crucial game makes me furious cause it's such a cheap goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

when you're offside and you realise it, then you leave the ball and go back onside and they still blow for offside, play the advantage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

-I hate the way in manager mode you can only see 50 people from your search.
    The way you search players should be simplified a bit. Like being able to press start to search rather than going up to the top and clicking search.
    -The passing's gimpy.
    -There is no scouting as such,( like in the old Fifas).
    - There is no academy.
    -A reserve team would be nice or even something to assist the player growth (as there is virtually none. I play Jonjo Shelvey about 20 times a season = no growth or maybe 1 if lucky.) ( I loan out Danny Ayala to a championship team where he's good enough to play every match. Comes back with not a better player).
    -In match days, the away team are supposed to shake the home team players' hands however, it's the other way around in Fifa.
    - I dislike the penaltys.
    I'm sure I could think of more but...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

Sepp Blatter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

How easy lobbed through balls can be done

Standing in front of the keeper trying to block kick outs

How easy it is to time waste in your own half

The passing by accident thing when taking a kick out... can they finally fix that for the next game please like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I hate when your striker runs down the line with the winger, so many times I'd be on the counter attack and rather then make the run into the box the striker ops to go down the line with the winger harrassing him for the ball when his dumb ass should be running into the box to exploit another game bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

TheTosh wrote: »
    I hate when your striker runs down the line with the winger, so many times I'd be on the counter attack and rather then make the run into the box the striker ops to go down the line with the winger harrassing him for the ball when his dumb ass should be running into the box to exploit another game bug.

+1. Drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I hate "cabbage mode" in MM when your whole team turns to absolute Pish and they cant even do the most basic functions right.

Games were refs give the opponents all the frees for anything . .

When you are through on goal and your are fouled (nudged but not chopped down) and the refs give no red or yellow cards.

The refixture function is sh*t. I had to play 4 games in 8 days with loads of free weeks the following month. Not saying it doesnt happen in real life, but generally leagues try to accomodate teams playing in Europe (like if your game in on Thurs in Europa, your league game is moved to Sun or mon in real life, in this game it doesnt change!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Kit clashes for goalkeepers!

agreed. wolves' goalkeeper jersey is the same as the away jersey so it's the same kit on away days. same for fiorentina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got a message after playing a club game the other night: "Munich 58 <3"

The thing I dislike most is the absolute scum that this game attracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Got a message after playing a club game the other night: "Munich 58 <3"

The thing I dislike most is the absolute scum that this game attracts.

scum is right.. mine has to be 'this player has just recently joined this team'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

TheTosh wrote: »

Dunno how / why they havent noticed / fixed this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Kit clashes with the ref is another one.

For some reason they took out the several game rooms in pro clubs. So if a couple of you missed the start of a game you have to wait until it finishes to play, whereas last year you could start another game if you had enough players.

Most of my other grievances are with some of the people that play the game, but there isn't much EA can do about that unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

tommy89 wrote: »
    scum is right.. mine has to be 'this player has just recently joined this team'
    huh? :confused:

The strange ones are when you hammer high level players and they send you messages like "Virgin", and "your a fat loner"....

Yes I am, even though you've played way more games than me, and have a higher gamescore than me, and picked Real Madrid... that always seems to be the case :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

When your opposition want to pick your team for you i.e in the lobby and you pick a team and they leave instantly if they aren't happy with your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

When Parawind says he's good at FIFA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

When people take Fifa as serious as real life football... its a game!

Main thing though is when running down the wing, the forward runs out towards you instead of running into the box :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

- when you tackle a player in the wing, the ball goes out of play. But when the opposition tackle they stop the ball dead.

-when you tackle a player, and they stumble and always still are first to the ball.

-the computer seems to score, and there is nothing you can seem to do. Tackles are impossible. It always happens just after you score.

-not being able to change manual settings while stastics bar is shown, ie kick off and corners.

I dont know why I bother playing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

People spending €50 on a game and then letting the computer do all the passing and shooting for them. :p

I hate the way sometimes you can't aim your player on a throw in, happens once every few games for me, the player taking the throw won't turn left/right so you're left just throwing it straight in, usually to an opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Chipped through balls and crosses are too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Right, haven't read all the posts yet but I feel like a rant so apologies if repeating others. I have 3 main things I hate, and I mean absolute hate. Its rare I'll get pissed off while gaming but these things tend to get me rather annoyed:

1. Fúcking tramp goals. Yano the ones where people run up to towards your goalie and pass it across him so they get an empty net. I know its all part of the game but c'mon, have a bit of style for feck sake. For me its like camping in COD.

2. The crossing in FIFA, or more precisely, the defending of crosses, is at times ridiculous. I mean I always make sure I'm controlling defender in the box and have second man pressurise the crosser but even sometimes you find your defender wont effing jump and their striker absolutely dominates you and headers in from some bulls**t angle.

3. The way sometimes you make a perfect tackle and the ref just decides he doesn't like it for some unknown reason, so not only does he give the free or peno he decides he'll send ya off for good measure as well.

Rant over :p

Knex. wrote: »
    3. The way sometimes you make a perfect tackle and the ref just decides he doesn't like it for some unknown reason, so not only does he give the free or peno he decides he'll send ya off for good measure as well.

Rant over :p

So true. A guy is one on one with the keeper, I make a perfect tackle from behing getting the ball and sending it miles away in the process and he gives a free and sends you off!!!ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

The referee getting in the bloody way!

Sometimes when the ball is in the air the player I'm controlling wont move and stands there like a tool, or when you switch to a player who is running he stops dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

I think the amount of goals scored from corners is ridiculous. It seems like there's a direct goal from a corner in every second game.

It could be a case that I'm just **** at defending them (pretty likely) so if anyone has any pointers let me know! Its very frustrating when you're dominating a game, just for your opponent to get a cheap goal from a corner.

Advertisement