Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Cokeistan wrote: »
    The lack of people playing 4-3-3, a lot of games I play are against really defensive players and this can lead to some boring, low scoring games, irritates the shít out of me at times!
    I think fifa 10 (or 09 im not sure) was the worst for that though. People would just pick villa the whole time, set the team up for 5-2-2-1, so 5 defenders, 2 CDMs, 2 wingers and a CF. They would just hammer the pressure button, eventually get the ball hoof it up to gabby, and race to the wing, cut inside and finnesse shot. It was infuriating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

winning 5-0 and in the 90th minute the bloody disconnects me :mad: I was playing on the as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Standing tackles are far too strong, a player can win and control the ball from the opposite side of the players they are tackling. Why there's not anything you can do to shield the ball is beyond me. I don't want to have to pass after every touch to attack. Half the people I play aren't even looking at where they're passing, just passing for the sake of it.

If you don't use Jockey or contain your players are oblivious to the position of the ball.

Not a problem exactly but need to vent. I made it up to division 2 and was 1 win away from div. 1 and lost, fair enough I thought. Since then I've had 4 straight relegations and don't know what I'm doing differently to when I was hammering people 5-0 in divisions 4 and 5. I always seem to take the lead and then fall apart due to the aforementioned defensive problems along with players seemingly going on walks in defense despite me making tactics that have my defenders as deep as they can go. It's so annoying.

Liam O wrote: »
    Not a problem exactly but need to vent. I made it up to division 2 and was 1 win away from div. 1 and lost, fair enough I thought. Since then I've had 4 straight relegations and don't know what I'm doing differently to when I was hammering people 5-0 in divisions 4 and 5. I always seem to take the lead and then fall apart due to the aforementioned defensive problems along with players seemingly going on walks in defense despite me making tactics that have my defenders as deep as they can go. It's so annoying.

Your wing backs will make runs forward unless you change your mentality from normal to defensive, changing the tactics has no effect on it.

I would normally have 60/40 possession and it was annoying me how they kept pushing forward as I could cope with 4/5 players attacking and it's easier to score on the break(since you can't just hold contain around your packed box which is what i have to attack into) so I always play Defensive now from KO and it keeps those wing backs in position unless you bring them forward manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Things that piss me off in FIFA?

The fact that there will never be a perfect adaptation of football in a video game, and the fact that people will complain until there is, and even if there was, they would complain that it is not like a video game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Things that piss me off in FIFA?

The fact that there will never be a perfect adaptation of football in a video game, and the fact that people will complain until there is, and even if there was, they would complain that it is not like a video game.

Thought provoking

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

... the FIFA community.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

dickheads who disconnect when i score and early goal

dickheads who don't press A at the end of the game and let the animations run fully

me - when i give them the ball from a goalkick!

I'm consistently going from Div 4 to Div 3 - just cant get into Div 2 - i will though!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

maw wrote: »
    dickheads who disconnect when i score and early goal

dickheads who don't press A at the end of the game and let the animations run fully

me - when i give them the ball from a goalkick!

I'm consistently going from Div 4 to Div 3 - just cant get into Div 2 - i will though!

The only difference I find between division 3 and 2 is that in division 2 people 9 times out of 10 make sure they're using Milan or Madrid. So Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic get lots of cheep goals from corners and crosses that are impossible to defend at times. I seriously never concede any goals from decent passing moves these days. It's stupid. Oh and Brazil are also really good in the air and are quick so that sucks to play against!

Basically the amount of jammy goals increases, as does the amount of stupid custom formations.

Can't believe the amount of times I've been beaten in the air by a midget too! :mad:

I won't even start on pens......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The game is full of bugs online, it handles differnt just about every game.

Players taking horrible 1st touches, winning the ball only for your player to stand still etc

The noobs who constantly pick Madrid, barca and brazil etc

Defenders heading the ball backwards, having games where it's so slow you can't perform skill moves.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    ... the FIFA community.

I need to back track somewhat on this :pac:

Met a couple of very sound guys, one of which let us stay in a cup final after a little talk, and the guy in the final was a hoot. Played similar to me, very pass and move football. Had a laugh with him, helps he was a fellow Liverpool supporter.

Small bit of faith is restored :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I can't seem to watch replays of anything anymore, just an image an of empty pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

When somehow they use their players to block your player getting across - I had Rooney block Mertesacker off from getting across to tackle Valencia in one match. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

I can't seem to watch replays of anything anymore, just an image an of empty pitch

Happens to me occasionally. Should fix itself the next time you restart your console and play Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Completely dominating a game and not getting any goals :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Completely dominating a game and not getting any goals :mad:
    Well to be fair, that happens in real life too. See Chelsea-Barcelona from Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Jew/Sweaty/Tramp goals. Just fúck off with that craic. It takes no skill whatsoever and is very very aggravating.

People picking 5* teams all the time.... Try something different, a good player should be able to win with any team. Not the same old 5* team over and over and over...

Jockeying. Again, no skill whatsoever. Just hold L2 and X. I use skill all the time and jockeying just takes the craic out of any game. Then calling it "effective"... :rolleyes: Fúck off!

Finally: I know its realistic, but still, losing a game after dominating for 90 minutes. Justice not being done is what really cheeses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I agree on the jew goals. Pisses me right off.

I like the system they brought in this year where you get matched with a similar star level team in H2H Seasons. Now people who want to be 5 star teams all the time can and those of us who don't don't have to face Madrid or Barcelona every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Celebrations...
    Whether I'm 7-1 down or up 5-2...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The FIFA Community is wanker scorn.

Beating a guy 4-0, he pauses the game to send me a message telling me that I'm sh!t. WTF?

Beating a guy yesterday, he goes 1-0 down, pauses to send me a message about how sh!t I am, before quitting.

Then every time I log in to the Xbox, I get at least one message about "duplication glitches" from scammers.

Playing a lad the other night, I go 3-0 up after 10 mins, he drops the pad hoping I'll quit out of boredom.

Then lads, including one Irish lad from Wicklow with an absolutely savage team (Lucio, Nesta & Chellini as 3 of a back 5, 88 rated Ibra up front) quit on the loading screen, going back to the dashboard leaving me stuck at the loading screen for the next 5 mins.

It's funny when your a few goals up, not having done any celebrations or watching any replays, and some guy grabs a goal back, celebrates for ages, watches every replay....... I make a point of trying to hammer him and make him sit through every celebration/replay to show him how annoying it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Guys timewasting when they're two goals up. Doing it at one up is infuriating enough, but two is taking the piss big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Realised today how much better the game would be online if they didn't have passing assists. It's what allows people to just pass randomly and still manage to work the ball up the pitch. There should be more of a focus on creating angles for passes rather than the people who seem to get gun-shy if they haven't passed the ball after every touch. Auto passing is a bailout for people who can't aim and lead to a lot of losses for players who would otherwise massacre their opponents in a manual vs manual game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jew/Sweaty/Tramp goals. Just fúck off with that craic. It takes no skill whatsoever and is very very aggravating.

People picking 5* teams all the time.... Try something different, a good player should be able to win with any team. Not the same old 5* team over and over and over...

Jockeying. Again, no skill whatsoever. Just hold L2 and X. I use skill all the time and jockeying just takes the craic out of any game. Then calling it "effective"... :rolleyes: Fúck off!

Finally: I know its realistic, but still, losing a game after dominating for 90 minutes. Justice not being done is what really cheeses me off

If you play 5 star teams every game, it is because you are trying to use 5 star teams. I play as West Brom or Montpellier online and the best team I face is Newcastle. EA have to get credit for this years system.

Jockeying is there to compensate for skill moves. Skill moves would be far too effective if it wasnt there, I would rather my player stand off while the opponent is busy getting dizzy from roulettes and Ronaldo-chops. I dont jockey myself because I defend the space and use 2nd pressure, but I can see why people use it as a counter to spamming the skill moves.

Trap/Sweaty goals are annoying when it is totally unrealistic. Like, any real striker wants the glory for himself and takes the shot on, but sometimes if you have a 2v1 on the goalkeeper, real players will often roll the ball to a team-mate for the sensible option. But I do agree it is so annoying when players go out of their way to avoid shooting and pass to a team-mate for an open goal.

I hate the heading system. It's too easy to score and let in headers. Sometimes you'll smash B and the defender still won't jump. Personally, I think it's scripting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

Trap/Sweaty goals are annoying when it is totally unrealistic. Like, any real striker wants the glory for himself and takes the shot on, but sometimes if you have a 2v1 on the goalkeeper, real players will often roll the ball to a team-mate for the sensible option. But I do agree it is so annoying when players go out of their way to avoid shooting and pass to a team-mate for an open goal.

I agree. I don't mind understand when somebody does it if it is blatantly on and they've managed to get a 2v1 against your 'keeper; however, when someone is through 1v1 and they pull the ball way back or just constantly look for the cheat, it pisses me off.

The skill is in the fact they've gone 2v1 and you haven't defended it, they can do what they want, they want to score against you, they don't owe it to you to try a more risky finish, and some people are just bad at finishing......

My hunch is that people just hate losing, and the feeling of being helpless, as in a 2v1, is too much for some to take!

:D

Liam O wrote: »
    Realised today how much better the game would be online if they didn't have passing assists. It's what allows people to just pass randomly and still manage to work the ball up the pitch. There should be more of a focus on creating angles for passes rather than the people who seem to get gun-shy if they haven't passed the ball after every touch. Auto passing is a bailout for people who can't aim and lead to a lot of losses for players who would otherwise massacre their opponents in a manual vs manual game.

I use assisted myself(though I did dabbling in semis/manual across the board when playing AI in UT tournaments as they were just too easy, didnt find it that bad, but sometimes messed up an easy pass I wouldnt have otherwise) but I can see the merits in this.

I usually have 60/40 possession and I win more often than not as you can manipulate assisted passes with body positioning to create new angles not covered by defenders, but I'm so sick of the other lad getting the ball to the strikers in 2/3 seconds from defense after my play breaks down thus giving the dominated team the better attacking edge(since the space that opens up means I can't just hold contain or any of the other easy ways you can to defend when you have 6/7 players behind the ball)

When they pass...pass...pass it out the supposed ''Player Vision'' engine they were supposed to have introduced this year should see the ball go anywhere across my back line and give me at least a 50% chance of winning the ball instead of having to beat the striker in front and/or block his turn pass.
    That system was supposed to make noobish passing sequences impossible as a mistake would happen quickly, but tbh I haven't noticed any difference over 2011.... so much so, I'd say most here forgot about this new addition that was to revolutionize the series.

Taking the good with the bad, I'd be in favour of any changes that give the advantage to the player who dominates possession and not to the counter attacking team.

If you play 5 star teams every game, it is because you are trying to use 5 star teams. I play as West Brom or Montpellier online and the best team I face is Newcastle. EA have to get credit for this years system

I only end up picking 5* teams when I've tried time and time again to play someone with Hull City :rolleyes:... I don't play online much though as I've found the jew goals to be far too common. :mad:

I play against friends offline and when someone new comes over and they pick a 5* team it bugs me. I was used to playing the old FIFA when it was always Real or Barca and there was no matching system, I do love what EA has done in FIFA 12 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

So basically anything the opponent does that doesn't just let you walk the ball into the back of the net!

• Advertisement

So basically anything the opponent does that doesn't just let you walk the ball into the back of the net!

hey all i'm saying is they can defend without jockeying for the full 90 minutes!

Advertisement