Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I only end up picking 5* teams when I've tried time and time again to play someone with Hull City :rolleyes:... I don't play online much though as I've found the jew goals to be far too common. :mad:

I play against friends offline and when someone new comes over and they pick a 5* team it bugs me. I was used to playing the old FIFA when it was always Real or Barca and there was no matching system, I do love what EA has done in FIFA 12 though

People come over to your house and pick Barca/Real and it upsets you? Say something to them! Chances are they are a mate if they are in your house, can you not have a word? I play FIFA offline with mates very very often, in my gaf, in their gaf, in neutral gafs, and we always agree on a match rather than pick a team, as in, I would suggest Marseille/PSG or Dortmund/Shalke, around January every year we get to the stage where its "Who you wanna be?" "Ugh, I dont know, I've been everyone." So one lad will search for a team and find someone that tickles their fancy, then the other lad will pick an opponent to suit the match, like in their league, or if they are a Europa League team you pick someone similar eg. AZ Alkmar vs Celtic, Villarreal vs Everton etc etc. We have one lad who only plays as Arsenal, but he is absolutely crap so its fun seeing what teams you can beat him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The skill is in the fact they've gone 2v1 and you haven't defended it, they can do what they want, they want to score against you, they don't owe it to you to try a more risky finish, and some people are just bad at finishing......

My hunch is that people just hate losing, and the feeling of being helpless, as in a 2v1, is too much for some to take!

:D

Nah. It's not hard to create those opportunities, as you obviously do. It's a flaw in the game engine which enables these situations to happen more often than they would usually. Some people feel ok with exploiting that flaw. Others prefer not to exploit a broken engine. It's pretty obvious which one of those you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    People come over to your house and pick Barca/Real and it upsets you? Say something to them! Chances are they are a mate if they are in your house, can you not have a word?

Not all the time, but normally when someone comes over for the first time the first thing they do is pick the best team and then just not bother changing... I don't want to say anything cos it looks like i'm a cúnt for making them change teams. When playing against my roomates its always 5/10 randoms and pick the last team you land on. It's a rare enough occurence though...

My main point about picking 5* teams is that soooo many people do it online cos they want to win. They'll do it time and time again. For me, picking a new team is more fun. Trying to win every game by being the best teams isn't fun to me. I'd rather lose a good game with odd teams than win a crap one with 5* teams

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    People come over to your house and pick Barca/Real and it upsets you? Say something to them! Chances are they are a mate if they are in your house, can you not have a word? I play FIFA offline with mates very very often, in my gaf, in their gaf, in neutral gafs, and we always agree on a match rather than pick a team, as in, I would suggest Marseille/PSG or Dortmund/Shalke, around January every year we get to the stage where its "Who you wanna be?" "Ugh, I dont know, I've been everyone." So one lad will search for a team and find someone that tickles their fancy, then the other lad will pick an opponent to suit the match, like in their league, or if they are a Europa League team you pick someone similar eg. AZ Alkmar vs Celtic, Villarreal vs Everton etc etc. We have one lad who only plays as Arsenal, but he is absolutely crap so its fun seeing what teams you can beat him with.

If I'm having a FIFA or Pro Evo session with mates then we'll generally go with random teams. Creates some odd match ups (Gillingham vs Brazil) but it evens itself out over time.

One reason we do that is because one guy will only be Barcelona otherwise. I give him loads of abuse for that.

My main point about picking 5* teams is that soooo many people do it online cos they want to win. They'll do it time and time again. For me, picking a new team is more fun. Trying to win every game by being the best teams isn't fun to me. I'd rather lose a good game with odd teams than win a crap one with 5* teams

But you shouldn't have a problem getting an even game online with whoever you pick. Your criticism was 100% justified in previous years however it's one of the (few) massive improvements in FIFA 12. If I can always get a game with 1.5 star Southend then you can certainly always get a game with 3(?) star Hull. In fact I know you can as I use Blackpool regularly.

Some people just like to always have the best teams. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Just choose the level you want to play at, let the computer match you with an equal opponent and if you lose to a jew goal hold your head up high and tell yourself that you may have lost the match but at least you're not a ****.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But you shouldn't have a problem getting an even game online with whoever you pick. Your criticism was 100% justified in previous years however it's one of the (few) massive improvements in FIFA 12. If I can always get a game with 1.5 star Southend then you can certainly always get a game with 3(?) star Hull. In fact I know you can as I use Blackpool regularly.

Some people just like to always have the best teams. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.

One time when I was playing an online tournament thing on my friends PS3 I got to the semi-final using Hull. For 15 minutes we couldnt find a team that matched us. We were getting frustrated so my friend reluctantly said to pick a 4.5/5* team :( It was jew goals galore, and the other lad was Barca like!
    Just choose the level you want to play at, let the computer match you with an equal opponent and if you lose to a jew goal hold your head up high and tell yourself that you may have lost the match but at least you're not a ****.

hahaha on the rare occasion that I play online, I shall keep this in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone else not like the this FIFA? I barely play it anymore. Used to play FIFA everyday but I'm not feeling this one. FIFA 11 was the downhill for me. Clubs was unplayable at times. Now it's just stale and boring. I miss the FIFA 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jew/Sweaty/Tramp goals. Just fúck off with that craic. It takes no skill whatsoever and is very very aggravating.

IMHO, any goal is a good goal.

If I concede, it's because I've done something wrong to allow that situation to happen in the first place.

If you are playing a game of football, and your mate breaks through 2 on 1, keeper comes out to him, and he doesn't square the ball for you for a tap in, and he misses causing your team to lose, how sh!t would that be?

If a second man broke with Torres on Tuesday, do you think he'd have risked losing the ball rounding the keeper, rather than pass to a free man for a tap in?

Rooney10 wrote: »

If I concede, it's because I've done something wrong to allow that situation to happen in the first place.

If you are playing a game of football, and your mate breaks through 2 on 1, keeper comes out to him, and he doesn't square the ball for you for a tap in, and he misses causing your team to lose, how sh!t would that be?

If a second man broke with Torres on Tuesday, do you think he'd have risked losing the ball rounding the keeper, rather than pass to a free man for a tap in?

Entirely different situation. It happens in football and is fair enough often when it happens in the game as well but it's when in real life a player would shoot when in FIFA they play an extremely wide pass which people have an issue with.

Clubs in FIFA 11 was extremely susceptible to this. It's less of an issue this year because EA fixed the part of the engine which was creating this situation however let's not pretend that it isn't very straight forward to still exploit it. It's very poor form, IMO.

Rooney10 wrote: »

That's what I don't like about some people playing on FIFA. They treat it like it's a proper 90 minute match and will do anything to score and do everything not to concede. That really gets me annoyed cos people will happily play out a full game with a total of 4 shots on goal and so long as they win it doesn't matter

It's not real life. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. That's why I like to use skills; cos it looks funny if they pull off something ridiculous. Doing unrealistic things like scoring from 40 yards, going on mazy runs with the left-back and going in for crazy aggressive tackles are what makes FIFA fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

It's not real life. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. That's why I like to use skills; cos it looks funny if they pull off something ridiculous. Doing unrealistic things like scoring from 40 yards, going on mazy runs with the left-back and going in for crazy aggressive tackles are what makes FIFA fun!

Exactly what I do :pac:

The only goals I genuinely hate conceding are when the keeper kicks it short, I've never scored one on someone online but they constantly score them on me if I press A by accident :(

Are those accidents? Surely most are people wanting to play it out from the back rather than hoof it long and lose possession? Therefore I've always felt that they're fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

It can be accident. Pressing A to try and skip replays. Same thing can happen with corners...

On the 2v1 goals, Ye'r obviously not defending them well.
    If a lad wants to try pass it in my box it just gives me an extra opportunity to cut the ball out whereas I'd be powerless to stop him having a shot.
    I never pass in the box, I use fakes to open a decent angle for a shot or I'll cross it over the defenders head.

If someone wants to go running out with their goalie I'll slow the game down and set myself up for a free finesse shot, whether thats by passing it to someone in space or by holding it.
    The only position someone can pass the ball is from a position where they could have scored anyway so I'll take an extra bite of winning it back.
    erkifino wrote: »
    It can be accident. Pressing A to try and skip replays. Same thing can happen with corners...

In fairness though they added a bit of compensation for that.
    If you're doing it from kick outs you're just being impatient bashing, but I know sometimes from a corner I've slightly pressed A on arrival at the corner, and seeing the bar fill it won't give it 9/10 giving you a second chance to get the press right.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone else not like the this FIFA? I barely play it anymore. Used to play FIFA everyday but I'm not feeling this one. FIFA 11 was the downhill for me. Clubs was unplayable at times. Now it's just stale and boring. I miss the FIFA 10 days.

Ya its MW all day for me now when im off work..

Fifa is just full of people out to ruin a bit of fun imo

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Nah. It's not hard to create those opportunities, as you obviously do. It's a flaw in the game engine which enables these situations to happen more often than they would usually. Some people feel ok with exploiting that flaw. Others prefer not to exploit a broken engine. It's pretty obvious which one of those you are.

I don't exploit anything, I don't think about it, I just play and hope I can be better than the other guy, I don't have a game plan other than try to adapt to the opponent as the game goes on. If I get a chance for an easy goal I'll take it because I'm not an idiot, I want to win every game and I've had too many games where I've dominated but couldn't buy a goal.

And I rarely ever have 2v1's against me, so it can't be that easy. When they have happened I curse myself, not the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

That's what I don't like about some people playing on FIFA. They treat it like it's a proper 90 minute match and will do anything to score and do everything not to concede. That really gets me annoyed cos people will happily play out a full game with a total of 4 shots on goal and so long as they win it doesn't matter

Well to some people winning is fun too. Personally I get the most enjoyment out of fifa when I've won a game against a good player by being solid in every part of the pitch. I've played well sometimes and lost to a header from a corner that I can't do much about, it doesn't fill me with joy that I've played well if I've lost.

But the close hard fought games are the best. I hate skill moves, they bore me. If I play someone that spends the game doing skill move after skill move (which usually means having more of the ball too) I just sit deep and hit them on the break. Works 80% of the time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Some interesting comments all of a sudden. First of all, fair play to Seans_Username for playing with Hull, but there's a whole star and a half between Hull and playing with the top dogs. Pick a 4 star team - chances are you'll play against Villa.

Also, Beefy78 FIFA is ALL about exploiting the engine and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise - 40 yard shots that float over keeper, finesse shots that trickle in / keeper palms out to ST, crosses that defenders don't jump for, 1-2s against defenders who don't track anything and 2v1 goals.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a game where the object is to score more than your opponent. Doesnt matter how you do it, just once you do it. Personally, I find it much more fun to win a game than to lose a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Played with Sheffield united the last day and scored a hat-trick with my main man Ched Evans, proceeded to receive hate mail for about an hour. He/she (my opponent) was raped inside and out. Hate people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's a game where the object is to score more than your opponent. Doesnt matter how you do it, just once you do it. Personally, I find it much more fun to win a game than to lose a game.

Bet you play with Barca every game. The ye old its effective response. I would rather lose 10 nil to someone who showed class, than to some sweaty Jew who wins 1-0 with a 90th minute counter. Believe me it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Donerkebab wrote: »
    Bet you play with Barca every game. The ye old its effective response. I would rather lose 10 nil to someone who showed class, than to some sweaty Jew who wins 1-0 with a 90th minute counter. Believe me it has happened.
    Not a hope in hell of me playing as Barca. I hate them.

I usually only play online against friends. They always pick the team they support (United, Liverpool etc) so I do the same and pick Arsenal. I always wait until they pick to ensure it's an even game. I'm not going to pick Arsenal if they pick a Championship side.

I'd much rather win a game than lose under any circumstances. The game is about winning, not who can do the most flicks and tricks.

Whats with all this ''Jew'' crap, it's came up from more than one person.

It's immature, and tbh it's probably against the forum charter. I'm not sure any Jewish users would appreciate reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

Currently half-time in a game of Ultimate Team. Went 1-0 up after 10 minutes and my opponent stopped playing. I stopped too as there is no point in playing on. I just honestly cannot see why someone would do this. Okay, if you're 3-0 down I can understand it might piss the other person off, but at 1-0 there's still a chance that you will win or draw.

Ah well, easy win for me! :pac:

Currently half-time in a game of Ultimate Team. Went 1-0 up after 10 minutes and my opponent stopped playing. I stopped too as there is no point in playing on. I just honestly cannot see why someone would do this. Okay, if you're 3-0 down I can understand it might piss the other person off, but at 1-0 there's still a chance that you will win or draw.

Ah well, easy win for me! :pac:

Thats one thing they need to sort out.
    Had it happen last night at 2-0, it's a serious waste of time.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be for them to introduce a non-active kick timer.
    But what they COULD do is to have yellow cards given for not taking a free kick/throw/kick out. After two yellows let the menu screen come up and if they don't react within a time limit auto kick.
    That would leave out any potential problems an in gamer kicker would have.
    You could kick it to his goalie, let him get booked twice for time wasting.
    When he doesn't replace the goalie, the game is abandoned.

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN!

Seriously id Say 75% of matches Ive lost have been matches in the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

Those stupid ****ing servers!

Every time I get my win/loss on Ultimate Team up to 10:1, it loses ****ing connection. 5-1 up there and it went. DNF Modifier back down now too, **** sake.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Also, Beefy78 FIFA is ALL about exploiting the engine and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise - 40 yard shots that float over keeper, finesse shots that trickle in / keeper palms out to ST, crosses that defenders don't jump for, 1-2s against defenders who don't track anything and 2v1 goals.

Whatever lets you sleep at night, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If "jew" goals annoy you, defend properly and you won't have a problem with them.

If defending properly isn't 'fun' for you, then your probably playing the wrong game imo.
    Doing unrealistic things like scoring from 40 yards going on mazy runs with the left-back and going in for crazy aggressive tackles are what makes FIFA fun!

Unrealistic? You can do all that stuff in real life too ;)

Entirely different situation. It happens in football and is fair enough often when it happens in the game as well but it's when in real life a player would shoot when in FIFA they play an extremely wide pass which people have an issue with.

Why would an extremely wide pass help? If someone tries to shoot when there, then the keeper will deal with it easily, unless you've brought out the keeper, in which case it's your own fault for getting into a situation where you have to bring out the keeper.
    Whatever lets you sleep at night, buddy.

I'm sure he sleeps just fine, but would appreciate your concern nonetheless :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dont understand people complaining that people play fifa like a game of football. There is something incredibly epic about being under the kosh for the whole game and nicking a late winner. Its a competitive game afterall.

Advertisement