Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Why would an extremely wide pass help? If someone tries to shoot when there, then the keeper will deal with it easily, unless you've brought out the keeper, in which case it's your own fault for getting into a situation where you have to bring out the keeper.

You do understand that the basics of goalkeeping is to narrow the angle? It's lethal to do it in FIFA because of the broken engine but in real life the keeper would come out 99 times out of 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The defending can be very irritating. Once you lose the ball it can be very difficult to win it back because a lot of the time when trying to jockey the opposing player my players end up being led a merry dance.

I'm playing as Liverpool in career mode and I went up against Bristol City in the Carling Cup. I played mostly reserves and I won 8-2 but the fact that I conceded 2 stupid goals which I couldn't do sweet FA about still galls me. The Bristol defender hoofs an aimless ball up to the striker which Skrtel fails to win despite being several inches taller than the Bristol striker. I get pissed off so I use Skrtel to hack down the defender just outside the box. Skrtel gets sent off and I concede a free kick. The Bristol player kicks the ball straight at my wall, the ball goes straight back to the Bristol player who hits it on the volley for the ball to go screaming into the top corner.

The 2nd goal is where I gave away a corner. The Bristol player knocks it into the box. My defenders are nowhere near the Bristol player who hits a feeble header which lobs my reserve keeper David James and goes into the net:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The defending can be very irritating. Once you lose the ball it can be very difficult to win it back because a lot of the time when trying to jockey the opposing player my players end up being led a merry dance.

I'm playing as Liverpool in career mode and I went up against Bristol City in the Carling Cup. I played mostly reserves and I won 8-2 but the fact that I conceded 2 stupid goals which I couldn't do sweet FA about still galls me. The Bristol defender hoofs an aimless ball up to the striker which Skrtel fails to win despite being several inches taller than the Bristol striker. I get pissed off so I use Skrtel to hack down the defender just outside the box. Skrtel gets sent off and I concede a free kick. The Bristol player kicks the ball straight at my wall, the ball goes straight back to the Bristol player who hits it on the volley for the ball to go screaming into the top corner.

The 2nd goal is where I gave away a corner. The Bristol player knocks it into the box. My defenders are nowhere near the Bristol player who hits a feeble header which lobs my reserve keeper David James and goes into the net:mad:

Sounds like karma to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Lads humping into slide tackles constantly, practically spamming them. They've been overpowered since 11.

Mirko Vucinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

On 2 v 1 situations, you can still get the ball provided you time the keeper's run right. Best if he's still off screen, but the opponent is close to the box, hold triangle/360 equivalent and the keeper should come away with the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Whatever lets you sleep at night, buddy.

How high is your horse?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Don't hate at those of us with morals, guy.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The Bristol defender hoofs an aimless ball up to the striker which Skrtel fails to win despite being several inches taller than the Bristol striker. I get pissed off so I use Skrtel to hack down the defender just outside the box. Skrtel gets sent off and I concede a free kick. The Bristol player kicks the ball straight at my wall, the ball goes straight back to the Bristol player who hits it on the volley for the ball to go screaming into the top corner.

The 2nd goal is where I gave away a corner. The Bristol player knocks it into the box. My defenders are nowhere near the Bristol player who hits a feeble header which lobs my reserve keeper David James and goes into the net

Jesus they've really got Liverpool down to a tee this year :p

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Don't hate at those of us with morals, guy.

:)

Faux morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

head to head was a lazy effort by EA.

constantly coming up against these noobs who keep picking madrid,barca and brazil etc is just a joke.

i dont want to hear this bullsh*t about picking different star teams, the likes of madrid are on another planet to other 5 star teams. Sometimes id like to pick chelsea,arsenal etc without coming up against ronaldo and the boys... its so unfair.

no respect for these noobs who claim their good when all they do is pick the same team, you should only be allowed to pick three 5 star teams etc a season or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

you should only be allowed to pick three 5 star teams etc a season or something along those lines.

If people want to pick 5* teams, let them off. There's nothing wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

head to head was a lazy effort by EA.

constantly coming up against these noobs who keep picking madrid,barca and brazil etc is just a joke.

i dont want to hear this bullsh*t about picking different star teams, the likes of madrid are on another planet to other 5 star teams. Sometimes id like to pick chelsea,arsenal etc without coming up against ronaldo and the boys... its so unfair.

no respect for these noobs who claim their good when all they do is pick the same team, you should only be allowed to pick three 5 star teams etc a season or something along those lines.
    Madrid and barca aren't really THAT much better than other 5 star teams, people tend to use that as an excuse moreso than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RobbieRattler

Ah i'm competely with you on all of this,and sometimes i get the feeling that my xbox hates me in fifa....go one nil up in like the 70 min and all of a sudden the other teams players turn into messi and equalise or win...hate it so much!!!! Grrrrr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

winning 1-0 against real madrid and then disconnecting in the 90th minute :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ConorBuckley99

winning 1-0 against real madrid and then disconnecting in the 90th minute :mad:

I really, really, really hate the game for that. I would pay an extra €100 for decent servers -- that's pretty much what I've paid for it anyway after getting rid of it when pissed off a few times...

It makes me wonder why I bother sometimes. It's just so frustrating!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really, really, really hate the game for that. I would pay an extra €100 for decent servers -- that's pretty much what I've paid for it anyway after getting rid of it when pissed off a few times...

It makes me wonder why I bother sometimes. It's just so frustrating!

yup

and I didn't even get the win recorded in my stats :mad: I didn't get it recorded for a loss either but still :mad:

maybe you should only be allowed pick 1 team per a season then... that would stop people abusing the ronaldo factor.

if you come up against someone who is half decent at the game with the likes of madrid with ronaldo at his disposal, he's going to be favorite by a mile.

there's barely anyone who can match ronaldo, realistic yes but you shouldnt be able to constantly pick the same team. Like i said its unfair to those who want to pick spurs or arsenal coming up against these noobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

maybe you should only be allowed pick 1 team per a season then... that would stop people abusing the ronaldo factor.

if you come up against someone who is half decent at the game with the likes of madrid with ronaldo at his disposal, he's going to be favorite by a mile.

there's barely anyone who can match ronaldo, realistic yes but you shouldnt be able to constantly pick the same team. Like i said its unfair to those who want to pick spurs or arsenal coming up against these noobs.
    Noobs?

Shouldn't have trouble beating them so!

Noobs?

Shouldn't have trouble beating them so!

Most of the time I don't but the odd time when I play a decent player who constantly picks them Iv trouble like I imigane most would when ronaldo is running towards a spurs backline!

I knew what I said wouldnt be popular as most of the FIFA community do this and claim to be good players.

Terrible community, these lads who pick your barcas and madrids Constantly get no respect from me because it just isn't fair to compare madrid, barca and brazil to most 5 star teams.

Head to head was a half arsed effort, pathetic from ea because it's just broken which is a shame because it ls a good idea if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Have to laugh at how many people are complaining about how realistic the game is. Last minute winners, 40 yard goals, passing for a tap in - they all happen in real life. Bear in mind that IRL they might happen once or twice in a season, but when you are playing FIFA you might be playing a couple of matches every night, so they will seem to happen more often. Also IRL tap ins will occur when you put in some poor defending, I find the same to be the case in FIFA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

ColHol wrote: »
    Have to laugh at how many people are complaining about how realistic the game is. Last minute winners, 40 yard goals, passing for a tap in - they all happen in real life. Bear in mind that IRL they might happen once or twice in a season, but when you are playing FIFA you might be playing a couple of matches every night, so they will seem to happen more often. Also IRL tap ins will occur when you put in some poor defending, I find the same to be the case in FIFA!

But in real life you dont see players shooting from 40 yards several times in one game do you? Some of the skills used in FIFA are rarely ever used in real life, e.g. the rainbow flick, sombrero flick, hocus-pocus, triple elastico, mcgeady chop, etc (I put in links because you probably don't know what they are), yet one could use each of those skills mentioned on a run from the halfway line and score... how often would you see that?

Anyway the point is that FIFA is a game, it's something you buy for entertainment, so why try to make it the exact same as what you see on tv when it can be much more fun? I just don't get people's determination to play out realistic games when most of the time it's not fun at all... Oh and passing for tap-ins happens a lot more in FIFA than it does in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ColHol wrote: »

This thread is a "Bad beat/Moaning/Venting" thread like in the Poker forum, for people to have a whinge when they have a bad night online. I wouldnt read too much into some of the posts. Back in my day it was "Oh my god, you cant use Luigi in Mario Kart 64, he is so much faster than the others!" or "You can't be OddJob in Goldeneye, we all have to be Civilians so its fair!". The difference is we were 8 then, now all the 8 year olds have Xbox Live. Although looking back, OddJob was overpowered. Actually, I hate that word "Overpowered" it's a word associated with the little kids who bitch about guns in Call of Duty.

Some people always want to point out flaws in the game rather than in their own performance. Fact is, there is a solution to absolutely every "problem" in this game.

Except being disconnected from the EA servers. That is a joke and the most infuriating thing about playing FIFA online. I've been 4-0 up after half an hour and my connection drops, I get a 3-0 loss. If my internet goes down than that's alright, that's Eircom's problem, but actually I am still connected to Xbox Live and just need to press A to sign into the EA servers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyway the point is that FIFA is a game, it's something you buy for entertainment, so why try to make it the exact same as what you see on tv when it can be much more fun? I just don't get people's determination to play out realistic games when most of the time it's not fun at all... Oh and passing for tap-ins happens a lot more in FIFA than it does in real life!

Winning at Fifa is fun, losing is not. I'll take the tap ins all day long.

Madrid and barca aren't really THAT much better than other 5 star teams, people tend to use that as an excuse moreso than anything.

Madrid are a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If you're having Madrid problems I feel bad for you son.
    I got 99 problems, but Madrid ain't one.

(Because I play fun 4 star or lower teams so I don't get matched with them)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »

[SIZE="1"](Because I play fun 4 star or lower teams so I don't get matched with them)[/SIZE]

Do you not get annoyed if u pick someone like say stoke and come up against the lads who keep picking neymar and the boys or some other over rated 4 star team?

There's one or two in every star catogery IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Do you not get annoyed if u pick someone like say stoke and come up against the lads who keep picking neymar and the boys or some other over rated 4 star team?

I play Palmero and never had any trouble against Santos. Just gotta be careful and watch the runs because if he does get past you there's no catching him!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Yeah with the 4 and a half star teams the most common team people play as is Borussia Dortmund. Not really all that exciting when you're playing against the same team over and over again

Sabre0001 wrote: »

(Because I play fun 4 star or lower teams so I don't get matched with them)

If it's not them it's the best of the 4 star teams, or 3 star ect.

And I play with Chelsea as I wanted to get used to them for the boards xbox league. Palmero is the team I used the most before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Does anyone feel like the finesse shot is like too good?

Advertisement