Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

1. Battery dying mid-attack
    2. When you press to slide, but then you end up just getting the ball, and boot it away because the console thought that's what you wanted
    3. People taking peno's down the middle
    4. jew goals
    5. ruining that one chance to take a class free kick
    6. fifa apology rules being mentioned = panic
    7. not knowing how to send a keeper back after you bring him out

i could continue....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

eldwaro wrote: »
    1. not knowing how to send a keeper back after you bring him out

Supposedly it's double tapping triangle (PS3, or the XBOX equivalent). Has yet to work for me though, he seems to take an extra step forward and then stop there. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel like the finesse shot is like too good?

Yea actually thats quite true, but I think mainly from distance (between 20-25 yards, from the wing especially) they are too good

People play the inside forward position too much to the point where them goals are just annoying to concede cos everyone can do them. They look class but everyone has done them and they are quite easy to score if you're in the right position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel like the finesse shot is like too good?

The issue isn't that they are too good, it is that you can score them from specific positions. There are two "sweet spots" on each side at the edge of the box and its extremely easy to score from them. If your closer or further out then this your odds of scoring are tiny from a finesse.

It's something that needs major addressing next year, because it means that there is very little variety to attacking play because people know the location of these spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I've said it before but the biggest problem is allowing auto passing online, all someone has to do is receive a pass and immediately press A in the general direction of a player they see and it goes to them without any aiming or anything. Makes it too easy for average players imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It is hilarious how David Rutter was constantly saying how "ping-pong passing" was a thing of the past in the lead up to FIFA 12's release, and there is almost no difference in the ease at which you can 1-touch-pass the ball from keeper to striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Liam O wrote: »
    I've said it before but the biggest problem is allowing auto passing online, all someone has to do is receive a pass and immediately press A in the general direction of a player they see and it goes to them without any aiming or anything. Makes it too easy for average players imo.
    So basically, unless you are an expert at the game, you shouldnt be allowed enjoy it online? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So basically, unless you are an expert at the game, you shouldnt be allowed enjoy it online? :confused:

aiming passes in the right direction is not something I'd consider needed for expert status tbh. Sure look what they did to defending too, people who literally just hold contain get more luck that people who try to move players into position. In some situations I've had players standing right in front of the person the opponent is looking to pass to and not only have they tried the pass immediately, but it either evades my player or my player takes a touch and touches it literally to an opponent who's able to both win the ball and control it in one touch.

I think overall the game is very close to being even and balanced but they just pander too much to the casual players to make it a more rewarding game for the better players who try to do something different to the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

The thing really pissing me off now is when I try play a Head to Head game and I end up with players in my team that shouldn't be there. I've been playing with some obscure smaller teams, so I wasn't familiar with their squads at first, so I had no idea I had players I shouldn't have... so after 3 or 4 minutes of setting them up, I get the "Squads aren't the same" error message just before the match kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Playing clubs now, just scored in the last minute in a league match to level it, and they won't kick off, they've used some sort of cheat to prevent it from happening, been like this 10 mins now :mad:

• Advertisement

Scored an 85th minute penalty to go 3-2 ahead. Batteries died. 4-3 and FT by the time I got more batteries. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh and I also got a "hahaha" message for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Rooney10 wrote: »

Unrealistic? You can do all that stuff in real life too ;)

Em hes not a left back and its 39.6 yards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Is it possible to control the keeper when the opposition take a free kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Is it possible to control the keeper when the opposition take a free kick?

yep press select afaik

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Players stop making runs as soon as you pass the ball to them and they always stay running in the same direction even if massive space has opened up

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Free kicks are too hard. How do I make them dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Free kicks are too hard. How do I make them dip.

They are not too hard. Hold up while powering the shot to make them dip. Barca Boy on YouTube has some excellent free-kick tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Liam O wrote: »
    aiming passes in the right direction is not something I'd consider needed for expert status tbh. Sure look what they did to defending too, people who literally just hold contain get more luck that people who try to move players into position. In some situations I've had players standing right in front of the person the opponent is looking to pass to and not only have they tried the pass immediately, but it either evades my player or my player takes a touch and touches it literally to an opponent who's able to both win the ball and control it in one touch.

I think overall the game is very close to being even and balanced but they just pander too much to the casual players to make it a more rewarding game for the better players who try to do something different to the status quo.

But you can choose to play only players on manual passing. So why does it bother you if others use auto-passing?

To be fair, on auto-passing the computer often passes it to completely the wrong person. I actually think it's often a handicap to have auto-passing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rooney10 wrote: »
    The FIFA Community is wanker scorn.

Beating a guy 4-0, he pauses the game to send me a message telling me that I'm sh!t. WTF?

Beating a guy yesterday, he goes 1-0 down, pauses to send me a message about how sh!t I am, before quitting.

Then every time I log in to the Xbox, I get at least one message about "duplication glitches" from scammers.

Playing a lad the other night, I go 3-0 up after 10 mins, he drops the pad hoping I'll quit out of boredom.

I had one guy yesterday who was playing as Rangers. I went 3-0 up in the first half then he stopped playing. He was obviously still there because if I'd stop playing for 30 seconds or so he'd start again until he realised I was still there and then stopped.

I sent him a message of thanks in the end as it gave me five minutes to make a cup of tea and hang my washing up.

The irony is that I'm ****, have tumbled down the divisions and had he carried on playing could well have taken at least a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone notice when you try play a one-two defenders always block the run, then collision detection sends them flying? The attackers should either try avoid them or the ref should blow for a free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

I'm sick of the constant server problems ruining my online experience and wasting my time.

I'm just going to Platinum this and leave it at that until Fifa 13 comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I still havn't played a game yet tonight. I keep getting stuck in the arena indefinately in head to head pre match. My ps3 is on its third reboot. Incredibly annoying.

Julez wrote: »
    Anyone notice when you try play a one-two defenders always block the run, then collision detection sends them flying? The attackers should either try avoid them or the ref should blow for a free kick.

As someone who's currently progressing from completely crap to semi-ok, I can say this is currently my most frustrating thing about FIFA. I've risen to division 4 in the head to head league, where the majority of players are better than me... so they manage to cover my one-twos quite easily. But more and more often as I get the hang of drawing their defenders in, they're constantly being caught out by the one-two, but smashing into my running player, stopping the move without giving away the foul. It's driving me crazy.

It's at the point now where I'm convinced it's intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I hate guffing chips when you're running onto the ball. This is my own fault now, down to my own lack of technique. Still. I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Julez wrote: »

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Came across the biggest scumbag ever. All over him but 1-1 at half time. He then proceeds to timewaste. Gets into the box once and gets a peno. Timewastes for the rest of the game. out to the corners and all that. I get a throw in in injury time to tie it up. he ends match as a draw.

One of the worst ive came across. Scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Came across the biggest scumbag ever. All over him but 1-1 at half time. He then proceeds to timewaste. Gets into the box once and gets a peno. Timewastes for the rest of the game. out to the corners and all that. I get a throw in in injury time to tie it up. he ends match as a draw.

One of the worst ive came across. Scumbag
    Why bother in custom game? Baffles me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Why bother in custom game? Baffles me tbh.

It was actually FUT. Still annoying though!

I'm basically hating on good players in this post, but bear with me...

I can't stand people who know all the little "tricks" that gain the slightest advantages in pretty much every situation. I don't mean skills, but little movements that win them 50-50s and let them get away with fouls.

The amount of times I've been either fouled in the box or fouled while about to be through on goal without getting a free is getting out of hand.

Then there's knowing how to pull people back just enough to not foul them, or knowing the technique of how to make their Messi out-muscle my Vidic.

And of course the aforementioned blocking/fouling during a one-two without giving away a free.

These things really take the realism out of the game.

Although the most annoying thing about them is that I don't know how to do them, no matter how much I try. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jhcabs2010

Players stop making runs as soon as you pass the ball to them and they always stay running in the same direction even if massive space has opened up

I can't stand that either. Does LB start a teammate run though? or is that just with 1 2's

I'm new to playing fifa online. I would be a decent player, stays off the sprint, plays fair, precision dribblling over skill moves, bar the odd chop, not some self proclaimed fifa god which is what i see a lot of vid's just seem to be selling. I have though noticed through the sessions, lobbies and from reading comments after youtube videos that there are a lot of complete knobs out there that get attracted to this game. Nothing can be done i guess though.

Would love to get to know a few lie minded players. Don't want to end up losing interest in this game from dealing with arse banits who seem to forget it just a game. do you guys share gamertags in any other threads? couldn't find anything after looking through a few pages.

Advertisement