Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

People who do the pass and move thing after every single pass wreck my head, I can defend against it but its one of those things that always has annoyed me and looks very unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭coillcam

Taking a quick FK and the opposing player runs in and blocks it from 2 yards yet its play on.

Being brought down by the keeper while rounding him/knocking it past and getting no peno or the keeper not being carded at all.

Penos being given away for no reason. Players conceding penos not being carded as appropriate.

Last defender stopping/changing direction when switched to even after switching settings were amended to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

coillcam wrote: »
    Taking a quick FK and the opposing player runs in and blocks it from 2 yards yet its play on.

Being brought down by the keeper while rounding him/knocking it past and getting no peno or the keeper not being carded at all.

Penos being given away for no reason. Players conceding penos not being carded as appropriate.

Last defender stopping/changing direction when switched to even after switching settings were amended to avoid this.

Agree with all of them except the 2nd one. It's very easy to knock it past the keeper so people will abuse it big time. Instead of going for a shot/finesse in certain situations, I can see a lot of people waiting for the keeper to come out, knock it past him, earn a penalty and the red card. You could easily get both your keepers sent off if you get matched up against someone who is good at it :pac:

jamescd wrote: »
    Agree with all of them except the 2nd one. It's very easy to knock it past the keeper so people will abuse it big time. Instead of going for a shot/finesse in certain situations, I can see a lot of people waiting for the keeper to come out, knock it past him, earn a penalty and the red card. You could easily get both your keepers sent off if you get matched up against someone who is good at it :pac:

Okay I agree in part to the above. In FIFA12 you can be static or sprinting and you will have generally similar success getting round the keeper (relatively straightforward once you practice it). IRL when sprinting it is a lot easier to get round the keeper whereas being relatively static it is very uncommon. If they tweak the game accordingly in the next incarnation it would be awesome. Hell a lot worse things were happening to Ian Holloway on a regular basis last season - well according to him anyway.

Also I hate when an extra defender is brought back onto the line to prevent scoring a FK. Sometimes your attackers push right up on the goalie and you can chip in for a easy cheeky header but it seems contextual as other times the attackers are not in the right place to exploit this.

Finally Ridiculous custom formations like 3-2-5 or 3-1-1-5 with some lower spec teams are just impossible to adjust against sometimes. As with limited squad depth, changing formation accordingly to exploit width/counterattack doesn't even break even. On 4.5/5star it doesn't make as much difference though as the squads are usually strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

coillcam wrote: »
    Also I hate when an extra defender is brought back onto the line to prevent scoring a FK. Sometimes your attackers push right up on the goalie and you can chip in for a easy cheeky header but it seems contextual as other times the attackers are not in the right place to exploit this.

Might be just me, but I like when people do this as I think the defender actually gets in the 'keeper's way. I've never had a defender block one of my free-kicks on the line but I have seen shots creep in that look like the defender has got in the way.

• Advertisement

ConorSTF wrote: »
    Might be just me, but I like when people do this as I think the defender actually gets in the 'keeper's way. I've never had a defender block one of my free-kicks on the line but I have seen shots creep in that look like the defender has got in the way.
    Yeah they have impeded the keeper a few times in my experience. More often than not though, the opponent just makes the wall jump and spams O/A with the player on the line and get the easy clearance or the keeper tips it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

TL;DR so dont know if this has been covered. But CSKA Moscow are RIDICULOUSLY over-rated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

TL;DR so dont know if this has been covered. But CSKA Moscow are RIDICULOUSLY over-rated..
    Under rated if anything tbh, lethal against other for star teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Under rated if anything tbh, lethal against other for star teams.

I think he means they are too good compared to real life, not compared to their game rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

ConorSTF wrote: »

This happened me yesterday: I brought a defender back to cover the open space people always score in. It was a bad free kick, on target, but an easy save for the keeper; but my defender blocked the shot, sending the ball 20 feet into the air. The ball then fell down towards my defender and keeper, while they promptly knocked each other over, allowing the ball to drop down onto the back of one of them and go in.

Most ridiculous goal I've seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Doing career mode with Liverpool as a player only. Manager has sold Suarez, Adam, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher and replaced them with David Wheater. David Wheater I say. I'm slightly annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Reina, Suarez, Lucas, Skrtel, Kuyt, Downing, Johnson all sold for me and replaced with Aaron Hughes!

My starting CB pairing was Coates and Carragher, and my substitute strikers were Adorjan, Ecclestone and Amoo even though Bellemy was on the bench.

Real Madrid on the other hand bbought Ibra, Vidic, Cavani and more, without losing any starting 11 player. I moved to Barca after the 1st season to be met by that group of players!
    Doni was in goals until he got injured in training, and Martin Hanson came in (no idea what happened to Jones!)

I scored 38 goals in the season and ended up winning the League on the last day by a point, because United only drew with Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Had a career started before Christmas with Liverpool. But it stalls everytime start a game. Game works perfectly for friendlies and online.

Does anyone know is there a way to fix this or is it fecked?

Edit: Think its something to do with editing things such as stadium names etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ref seemingly blowing up for half or full time just as I play myself through on goal, funny enough it near always happens with drawing or the rare time I'm losing be it on Pro Club or FUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

-Ade- wrote: »
    Ref seemingly blowing up for half or full time just as I play myself through on goal, funny enough it near always happens with drawing or the rare time I'm losing be it on Pro Club or FUT.
    Doesnt seem to matter what the score is. I've often been defending for ten minutes of the one minute announced extra time then as soon as the ball leaves my half for a counter attack, referee blows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

There's an imaginary line between your box and the halfway line, the game will continue for ages unless the ball crosses the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

losing!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to matter what the score is. I've often been defending for ten minutes of the one minute announced extra time then as soon as the ball leaves my half for a counter attack, referee blows up.

Once the time is up the referee will blow for full-time as soon as the ball enters a "safe" zone... i.e. the middle of the pitch. If your opponent passes the ball in around your box for 20 minutes, the game will go on until you hoof it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Is there a glitch to freeze the game by doing substitutes ? I'm beating this prick and he has frozen the game. Or else it's just EA!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How effective is man-marking guys? Every1 I play just seems to give the ball to ronaldo

• Advertisement

FFS , Had to quit and got knocked out. Sort your **** out EA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

**** me, you get some ***** play this online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Getting an online game in the snow with a white ball in my white kit !

Also why just because it's snowing does the screen have to be so bright ?

Your opponent leaving down the controller ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but is anyone else getting a glitch where when you get the ball all of a sudden your player can't move unless you sprint? Then when you go to shoot he tries a lobbed shot. Also a regular through ball becomes a lobbed through ball. The only way it stops is when the ball goes back to the opposition. This has been happening me quite frequently in matches online lately and it's beyond annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Boulders

Anyone here been the victim of ""host booting? I seem to have fallen victim to it as have lost several matches on H2H online seasons when winning and suddenly I lose connection even though it appears my connection is still good and I never lose connection when I lose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The refs are a joke. They have to fix them.

I just got completely shafted twice with 2 penalties against me for getting the ball cleanly both times in consecutive. Then for the entire duration of both games, if I touch an opposition player and get the ball, it's a foul. If they do the shame to me, no foul.

It's bloody annoying. Might aswell start with 10 men or 2-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

The referees are terrible, particularly in Ultimate Team.

I'm not a dirty player but I give away so much free-kicks every game. My players just run into other players and they seem to get blown out of it and get a free-kick. I don't mind it for the most part -- it's only when I'm losing that it frustrates me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Played 6 games tonight. In 5 of them the oppositions goalie was the man of the match. Bloody Julio Cesar....he has made some unbelievable saves against me earlier.

Keep dominating games and drawing, because of a corner, ridiculous penalty decision, or the opposition keeper being superman in disguise and getting 10 out of 10.

Also, national teams should never be matched with club teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Boulders wrote: »
    Anyone here been the victim of ""host booting? I seem to have fallen victim to it as have lost several matches on H2H online seasons when winning and suddenly I lose connection even though it appears my connection is still good and I never lose connection when I lose.....

Just seen your post, this has happened to me a few times... Most head wrecking thing ever. How do they do that???

Advertisement