Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Goalkeepers on world class or legendary that save every single shot fired at them that is within their reach. Not every goal in football has to be scored in the very corner of the goal. Going to have to start learning how to use manual shots, because semi shots get fired close to the keeper far too often and they get stopped every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

ShaneU wrote: »
    Goalkeepers on world class or legendary that save every single shot fired at them that is within their reach. Not every goal in football has to be scored in the very corner of the goal. Going to have to start learning how to use manual shots, because semi shots get fired close to the keeper far too often and they get stopped every time.

Even more annoying than that is when a bunch of good chances are followed by a trickling finesse shot that goes in...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Horrible custom formations. As soon as you're in division 1 every other f**er uses Brazil or Madrid with a deep back 4 with 2 deep dmf's and 4 up top playing as high as possible. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Had a few games last night, didn't Play in ages. Same sh*t , constantly coming up against Madrid and ronaldo. So stupid that these noobs are constantly allowed pick Madrid,barca or brazil.

I picked united and the actual Madrid players are far superior which is a joke because before last season Madrid didn't win a decent trophy in years !

I don't want to hear the oh just don't pick 5 star teams, it's a joke I want to be able to pick arsenal or spurs without coming up against Madrid !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You want to be able to pick a top team, but not have to face a top team?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You want to be able to pick a top team, but not have to face a top team?

No just not the constant noobs picking ronaldo and co.

Do you think spurs v Madrid is fair ? There should be a limit to picking teams per a season IMO.

Anyone who constantly picks Madrid, barca etc get absolutely no credit from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

But you don't know if these people constantly pick Madrid and Barcelona. You only know that the time they played you they were one of them. I very occasionally pick Madrid. Maybe 5% of times. But if I happened to play you when I was them you'd assume that I was Madrid all the time.

This used to be a problem, and I know I have a go at my friend who ALWAYS picks Barcelona but since they changed things with FIFA 12 it seems like less of a big deal. Spurs vs Madrid isn't equal but if you pick a 1 star team you often have to play a 2 star team. That isn't fair.

Madrid and Barcelona aren't unbeatable. Far from it. You also mention Brazil who are a mediocre five star team.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But you don't know if these people constantly pick Madrid and Barcelona. You only know that the time they played you they were one of them. I very occasionally pick Madrid. Maybe 5% of times. But if I happened to play you when I was them you'd assume that I was Madrid all the time.

This used to be a problem, and I know I have a go at my friend who ALWAYS picks Barcelona but since they changed things with FIFA 12 it seems like less of a big deal. Spurs vs Madrid isn't equal but if you pick a 1 star team you often have to play a 2 star team. That isn't fair.

Madrid and Barcelona aren't unbeatable. Far from it. You also mention Brazil who are a mediocre five star team.

Trust me , I know the majority of them pick barca or Madrid the whole time. Iv got several Xbox friends who do the exact same , it's a lot more common than you think.

I came up against Madrid 6 times in a row the other night , 6 times !. There not unbeatable but if you do pick them you've an advantage straight away against the majority of other 5 star teams. If your a half decent player who constantly picks them it's more than an advantage , it's actually unfair.

The way FIFA is now is good in ways but terrible in others, you can't even choose strips before the game to prevent a kit clash or see your oppenets team before you enter the game so that if it's spurs v barca etc you could back out. Yes I know you have 5 minutes to quit but that's just hassle and totally awkward in regards to just quiting out before the game starts. Head to head season was a lazy half arsed attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Beefy78 wrote: »

Actually, they're the perfect fifa 12 team. Players that can score from any position, pace all over the pitch (pace is the most important thing in fifa since fifa 09). Add to that some really effective defenders and decent strength. They're probably as effective as Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

The way FIFA is now is good in ways but terrible in others, you can't even choose strips before the game to prevent a kit clash or see your oppenets team before you enter the game so that if it's spurs v barca etc you could back out. Yes I know you have 5 minutes to quit but that's just hassle and totally awkward in regards to just quiting out before the game starts. Head to head season was a lazy half arsed attempt.

That is the whole point of the system - to stop people like you leaving because you came up against Real Madrid.

All the teams are beatable, but if it bothers you that much, don't play with a 5 star team. The system is about as fair as it gets in my eyes. A massive improvement over any other FIFA.

• Advertisement

BKC wrote: »
    That is the whole point of the system - to stop people like you leaving because you came up against Real Madrid.

All the teams are beatable, but if it bothers you that much, don't play with a 5 star team. The system is about as fair as it gets in my eyes. A massive improvement over any other FIFA.

so we just leave before the first 5 minutes is up instead? its a stupid system they put in place, theres no point of even scoring an early goal because you can just quit out no matter who you are.

please though man dont start with that dont pick a 5 star team rubbish, its unfair, you cant deny it. Id rather have someone quit out of the game on the menu screen than having to go through my tactics and team only to wait for it to load up and have someone quit over an early goal.

its a half arsed attempt , so lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

so we just leave before the first 5 minutes is up instead? its a stupid system they put in place, theres no point of even scoring an early goal because you can just quit out no matter who you are.

please though man dont start with that dont pick a 5 star team rubbish, its unfair, you cant deny it. Id rather have someone quit out of the game on the menu screen than having to go through my tactics and team only to wait for it to load up and have someone quit over an early goal.

No, you don't quit all. You play the match like your supposed to.

How is it a half-arsed attempt? Last year H2H matches were pointless, they had no meaning and you could pretty much only use 5 star teams. They've added seasons/divisions to make H2H games more meaningful and introduced a matchmaking system which puts same star teams together for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ive said it before but my main gripe with this years fifa is the 2v2 mode. The fact that there is no dedicated lobbies for the mode is ridiculous, taking up to 10-15 mins to get consecutive games due to stubborn retards joining an already matched 2v2 game in the lobby and the constant freezing errors when ya finally get a game. Hoping they'll sort something out for 13.

BKC wrote: »

No, you don't quit all. You play the match like your supposed to.

How is it a half-arsed attempt? Last year H2H matches were pointless, they had no meaning and you could pretty much only use 5 star teams. They've added seasons/divisions to make H2H games more meaningful and introduced a matchmaking system which puts same star teams together for the most part.

Try telling that to the thousands who do quit in the first 5 minutes if they concede an early goal or come up against a far superior team time and time again, like I said I came up against Madrid 6 times in a row ! Ridiculous.

I said in my previous post that certain things were good I.e the divisions,promotions and relagations. Not being able to see your opponent ,prevent a kit clash and unfair teams before you start a game is a by all means lazy !.

I mean could it of killed them to do that, there's no excuse especially for kit clashing in the game.

The kit clashing you have a point about. It's a bit silly.

The teams, I just don't see it. You could put Madrid and Barcelona in their own bracket - 5 1/2 stars but then Man United are still better than Spurs so why should they both be in the same bracket?

Every level of teams have some sides at the top of that level and some at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The difference between Barca/Madrid and United/Arsenal reallyyyyy isn't that big. If you're better than the other guy you should still win.

But you don't know if these people constantly pick Madrid and Barcelona. You only know that the time they played you they were one of them.

I expected the other lad to answer this but it seems he's oblivious to the fact.
    Ahhhh I do :confused: .... When I used to just play H2H and in years past, I'd check the Player Hub of my opponent post game and you can see who they picked in their last 20 matches.
    Try telling that to the thousands who do quit in the first 5 minutes if they concede an early goal or come up against a far superior team time and time again, like I said I came up against Madrid 6 times in a row ! Ridiculous.

I said in my previous post that certain things were good I.e the divisions,promotions and relagations. Not being able to see your opponent ,prevent a kit clash and unfair teams before you start a game is a by all means lazy !.

I mean could it of killed them to do that, there's no excuse especially for kit clashing in the game.

I agree with this.

I played H2H until maybe Xmas. I reckon I stopped playing 5 star after the first month as I was sick of being matched with Real so often making it a disadvantage to pick a team like Arsenal.

They could have added the new system on top of the old, meaning you go from search match to the READY UP screen.
    As a rule I've always made a decision of avoiding picking the ''Best'' team in a particular FIFA, and I'd only play that team every once in a while to avoid 70% of my games against said team.
    With the new system that's still possible but you have to quit out on match start so it was easier to just drop star levels.

You shouldn't have to do this though and I soon found myself playing Ultimate team instead and that's all I play these days.

The kind of players who pick the best team successively are more often than not terribly annoying players to play against who attack the same way every play(this year its lofted through balls to Ronaldo before it was repeated one two passing up top), milk celebrations and generally just take the mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just started playing this online in the last week so I'm sure most here have been putting up with it all year but quitters, people who milk every celebration and watch every replay...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I expected the other lad to answer this but it seems he's oblivious to the fact.
    Ahhhh I do :confused: .... When I used to just play H2H and in years past, I'd check the Player Hub of my opponent post game and you can see who they picked in their last 20 matches.

I agree with this.

I played H2H until maybe Xmas. I reckon I stopped playing 5 star after the first month as I was sick of being matched with Real so often making it a disadvantage to pick a team like Arsenal.

They could have added the new system on top of the old, meaning you go from search match to the READY UP screen.
    As a rule I've always made a decision of avoiding picking the ''Best'' team in a particular FIFA, and I'd only play that team every once in a while to avoid 70% of my games against said team.
    With the new system that's still possible but you have to quit out on match start so it was easier to just drop star levels.

You shouldn't have to do this though and I soon found myself playing Ultimate team instead and that's all I play these days.

The kind of players who pick the best team successively are more often than not terribly annoying players to play against who attack the same way every play(this year its lofted through balls to Ronaldo before it was repeated one two passing up top), milk celebrations and generally just take the mick.

No offense but you seem to make up excuses a hell of alot concerning the game. Arsenal v Real shouldnt be a big disadvantage at all.

I went through a period of picking holland and was constantly getting paired against the Reals and Barcas. It made no difference and I still won the majority of games.

If your getting caught out by lofted through balls then you're not defending right. Turn off auto switching on air balls, take control of your defender and intercept it.

I pick whoever I feel like using at the time in the game and I couldn't give a **** if im paired against Real. It makes it all the sweeter when you beat them.

I use Liverpool loads, and still beat teams. And Liverpool are **** in this game.

Fair enough you can do that. Meh. I doubt he did.

I think the Madrid/Barcelona stuff is overstated. They're not significantly better than most five star sides and to be honest the last couple of tiems I've played a few games with five star teams I've been surprised at how infrequently I've come up against them. I tend to play Man United and Milan as frequently.

If you're a regular Spurs player then it's not good as they're noticibly worse than the top-tier sides, but they were possibly the best 4.5 star team last year.

As someone else said, if you're a better player than the other guy and you play on the day better than the other guy then you'll likely win.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    No offense but you seem to make up excuses a hell of alot concerning the game. Arsenal v Real shouldnt be a big disadvantage at all.

I went through a period of picking holland and was constantly getting paired against the Reals and Barcas. It made no difference and I still won the majority of games.

If your getting caught out by lofted through balls then you're not defending right. Turn off auto switching on air balls, take control of your defender and intercept it.

I pick whoever I feel like using at the time in the game and I couldn't give a **** if im paired against Real. It makes it all the sweeter when you beat them.

I use Liverpool loads, and still beat teams. And Liverpool are **** in this game.

Making excuses?... Like what exactly? :rolleyes:

Before I said the new incoming feature sounded like it would make rapid ground passing more advantageous and eliminate aerial passes.
    How's that an excuse?.

Good for you, if you want to play the same two teams every game that's your own choice, but I preferred the older system as many others did too.

I'm not being caught out by anything.
    I don't need your advice. I'd bet going on the law of averages of beating people, I'd wipe the ground with you so don't patronize me as you did when I gave my opinion on 13(when people complain about the game they usually do so because they can't defend a certain attack... was along the lines of that wonderful advice that had no bearing to my concern on the first touch addition).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just started playing this online in the last week so I'm sure most here have been putting up with it all year but quitters, people who milk every celebration and watch every replay...

Have a go at Ultimate team,at least if lads quit there you'll get coins for it
    Thumbs up for the vid

Making excuses?... Like what exactly? :rolleyes:

Before I said the new incoming feature sounded like it would make rapid ground passing more advantageous and eliminate aerial passes.
    How's that an excuse?.

Good for you, if you want to play the same two teams every game that's your own choice, but I preferred the older system as many others did too.

I'm not being caught out by anything.
    I don't need your advice. I'd bet going on the law of averages of beating people, I'd wipe the ground with you so don't patronize me as you did when I gave my opinion on 13(when people complain about the game they usually do so because they can't defend a certain attack... was along the lines of that wonderful advice that had no bearing to my concern on the first touch addition).

I hope for your sake you're still in school or else you're just incredibly immature. No need to try and convince me your the best at anything. I really am not fussed either way, your posts just come across as constant excuses, yet telling everyone you're the best. "I cant use Arsenal because everyone picks Real" "Everyone use lofted through balls to Ronaldo" etc etc.

Curious to know how you can use the law of averages when you dont even know my record though?

Anyways this seems to sum you up nicely....

tumblr_m7209ki0sC1qc3q03o1_500.jpg

joe123 wrote: »
    I hope for your sake you're still in school or else you're just incredibly immature. No need to try and convince me your the best at anything. I really am not fussed either way, your posts just come across as constant excuses, yet telling everyone you're the best. "I cant use Arsenal because everyone picks Real" "Everyone use lofted through balls to Ronaldo" etc etc.

Curious to know how you can use the law of averages when you dont even know my record though?

Anyways this seems to sum you up nicely....

Find it funny that you'd accuse me of being immature then proceed to add a childish pie chart at the end of your post. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone I'm the best. You tried to preach to me on two occasions now that I must not be playing the game right if I have an opinion on a matter.

You keep going on about excuses?. In my recent post I backed up another player who was arguing the issue with another poster. I didn't start the discussion but reaffirmed his thoughts. Is he making excuses?.... how can you make excuses in terms of being unhappy with the match search engine?.

I have as much right to not want to play against Madrid every game as they have as much right to not want to play a 4.5* star team against me.
    Madrid bandits usually play the same way, I can beat them but I shouldn't have to like playing the same style every game.

Saying that doesn't come from any difficulty with the game. Which is what you think any concerns about current or any future implementations involves.
    Thus how you proceeded to coach me on two occasions that I must be doing something wrong if I thought the game could do or do without any additions.

I don't need to know your record, I know my own, so best you could do is match me really. You certainly wouldn't be better than me.

Find it funny that you'd accuse me of being immature then proceed to add a childish pie chart at the end of your post. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone I'm the best. You tried to preach to me on two occasions now that I must not be playing the game right if I have an opinion on a matter.

You keep going on about excuses?. In my recent post I backed up another player who was arguing the issue with another poster. I didn't start the discussion but reaffirmed his thoughts. Is he making excuses?.... how can you make excuses in terms of being unhappy with the match search engine?.

I have as much right to not want to play against Madrid every game as they have as much right to not want to play a 4.5* star team against me.
    Madrid bandits usually play the same way, I can beat them but I shouldn't have to like playing the same style every game.

Saying that doesn't come from any difficulty with the game. Which is what you think any concerns about current or any future implementations involves.
    Thus how you proceeded to coach me on two occasions that I must be doing something wrong if I thought the game could do or do without any additions.

I don't need to know your record, I know my own, so best you could do is match me really. You certainly wouldn't be better than me.

Lol ok buddy. Anyways feel free to refer to pie chart whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone sick of coming up against Real and Barca try playing manual, rarely come up against them consistently. Plus finally this year the manual community has grown alot which is only a positive for the series as its getting alot more competitive. Gameplay still needs some minor tweaks for 13 though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Has anyone managed to make it to division 1 without using any custom tactics or custom formations? I mostly play with Newcastle on default settings and have made it to division 4, but now I'm struggling a bit. Does everyone use these or what? I've never bothered with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

VP keepers completely destroy clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've just spent 4 matches trying to play a second round match of a bronze cup, each time my opponent has disconnected, I've lost contracts and I have to play it again, really frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I actually don't like the Menu screens very much, just something about them annoy me!!

Advertisement