Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Things that are most annoying are:

People that use the skill moves over and over and over again! Its just like i get the point you can do them... its funny tho when they use them and you tackle them, they fall over and nothing happens..

Another thing that's really annoyin is when you're playing just a random match online and you lose like 5 - 2 or something and than play a rematch and this time you're winning 2 - 0 at half time and they quit...

Best is when people waste time last 10 mins when the score is like 2 - 1 and you get the ball and score and ruin their entire plan the tears ive gotten in messages is just epic!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Things that are most annoying are:

People that use the skill moves over and over and over again! Its just like i get the point you can do them... its funny tho when they use them and you tackle them, they fall over and nothing happens..

Another thing that's really annoyin is when you're playing just a random match online and you lose like 5 - 2 or something and than play a rematch and this time you're winning 2 - 0 at half time and they quit...

Best is when people waste time last 10 mins when the score is like 2 - 1 and you get the ball and score and ruin their entire plan the tears ive gotten in messages is just epic!:D

You cant do rematches in FIFA 12 can you ? It's head to head seasons.

Also the skill moves don't bother unless you idiots who pick brazil and just go crazy with them.

Also the skill moves don't bother unless you idiots who pick brazil and just go crazy with them.

You can do rematches if you play custom games you can do as many rematches as you want...

I tried out brazil last night and its just pure annoying playing them, there is no flow in their team and yeah they might have a higher star rating but I still prefer the good old 4 - 4.5 star teams, that way you don't always play Barca and Madrid..

You can do rematches if you play custom games you can do as many rematches as you want...

I tried out brazil last night and its just pure annoying playing them, there is no flow in their team and yeah they might have a higher star rating but I still prefer the good old 4 - 4.5 star teams, that way you don't always play Barca and Madrid..

Ah right but Ye I agree with you, coming up against self proclaimed good players who constantly pick Madrid or barca is a serious pain.

Something like a cap on how many times per season you can pick Madrid has to be brought in because most 5 star teams can't match them I.e spurs or arsenal.

Ah right but Ye I agree with you, coming up against self proclaimed good players who constantly pick Madrid or barca is a serious pain.

Something like a cap on how many times per season you can pick Madrid has to be brought in because most 5 star teams can't match them I.e spurs or arsenal.

Yeah that's true, worse is a madrid player that just uses skill moves...its so frustratin and stupid.

Yeah out of 10 games maybe be able to use madrid for 3 or so and than another team for the rest.

Same for the Cup make a restriction aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Played five games at 5* level at the weekend. Got matched against Barcelona once and Madrid not at all. Rest were Juventus, Munich (2) and Brazil, I think.

This Madrid/Barcelona stuff is extremely overstated, IMO. They're the best two teams but there will be a best two teams in every star level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is like Napoli/Dortmund at 4.5 star, just need to get on with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

5 points needed in 3 games to avoid relegation.

Lost two games by one goal that was an absolute fluke each time, despite dominating both from start to finish.

3-0 in the 90th minute and i get "an error occured, you are no longer synced with the match"

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

People who quit if they concede within 3 minutes are pathetic, playing against Madrid with Arsenal and he quits. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Picked Villa in the semi-final of the Continental Cup. I get matched up against Barcelona. Super.

Half a star up or down, fine, but matched up against the best 5 star team in the game.....wtf?

Managed to win 2-1, even when Given randomly let a shot trickle past him from Abidal (it didn't even make the net ripple).

• Advertisement

Does the career mode act funny for anybody here? I had a couple games where it felt like I was playing a laggy online game and the screen jumped once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

24854237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just won a semi final in the advanced cup, after the full time whistle I lose connection to the servers. I sign in again and all my progress is gone.

Fúck you, EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

AdamD wrote: »
    Is like Napoli/Dortmund at 4.5 star, just need to get on with it..

<3 playing against Napoli and their 3 in defense. Especially if I'm Benfica and have Gaitian and Nolito to run up the channels. Although Cannavaro is ridiculously overrated defensively all the ball he single handedly cleans up.

If you want to get one up on the Real/Barca fan boi's [and I know you'll think I'm just as bad] I pick Spain but play the XI strongest players in the squad [Martinez + Llorente + Villa + Fabregas] - you can even bully Madrid with that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

When you get 20+ shots on target and none of them go in. One of those games where fifa is just trolling you and the opponent gets a break on the counter attack and scores.

Does anyone else get mad swings of form?

A couple of times I've had three promotions in a row in H2H online - powered up the league playing great football then one thing happens in one game and suddenly it goes the other way and I can't buy a win. Just came off the back of a run of something like 20 defeats in 27 games. Right now I'm having to fight for every point I get because it seems like everything is going against me in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Ardent

Does the career mode act funny for anybody here? I had a couple games where it felt like I was playing a laggy online game and the screen jumped once or twice.

Yes I get this too. I thought it was my graphics card. Happens every once in a while, the game slows down and I'm playing in slow motion for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Ardent

Playing career mode, a couple of things happened to me for the first time:

- My keeper put in a transfer request (even thought he was a first teamer). The board informed me of his impending sale and he left for half of his true value a few days later. I had no say in the matter apparently.
    - Tried to renew the contract of one of my promising youth players at the start of the season. Discovered a bug that informed he had already accepted a contract (even though none was offered previously) and I couldn't renegotiate again this season. I was in a bit of a panic as there were only 11 months left on his contract. Google saved the day - the workaround was to change his transfer status (not make him available for loan) and let a few days elapse and I was able to offer a contract.

I hate how when you try to purchase a player with a few incremental bids, you eventually get blocked from making further bids with the message that you've "clearly been told this transfer is not going to happen, try again in the next transfer window". Yet, other clubs can pester you incessantly for your best players.

More a specific moment then anything.

But I was playing UT last night, winning 1-0.... I take a long shot with D.Silva, hits the under side of the bar, bounces up and down and into the goal.
    On comes the replay and next comes a GOAL KICK.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/132647941

Luckily it saved in the highlights.

Most annoying thing was I went to lose 2-1 to a 90th min header. After dominating the game(13 shots on target to his 3, most of them gimmies)....typical :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

FIFA series really need to change their presentation.
    Every year it looks more less the same.
    Remember years ago they change the looks of the game(Menus, team management, options) every time the games comes out.
    Just to keep it fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Timewasters:mad:

If yer losing a game, wouldn't it be a better idea to try to score rather that keep the ball? Came across 1 of these last night. Went 1 up in the first half and he decides to keep the ball in his own half for the whole of the second half, not even trying to get into my half......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Timewasters:mad:

If yer losing a game, wouldn't it be a better idea to try to score rather that keep the ball? Came across 1 of these last night. Went 1 up in the first half and he decides to keep the ball in his own half for the whole of the second half, not even trying to get into my half......

I've no problem with these type of people tbh. Easy win for me, can relax a bit and go on Boards, have a sip of my can, etc.

Having another mad swing of form at the moment, but it's in my favour so I'm loving it. This time I was able to identify exactly when the change happened. I was 3-0 down in a game at half time on Saturday and whilst usually I'd sulk in that position and blame the stupid game screwing me/the kit/the rain/the game engine/the opponent being Anzhi AGAIN this time I refused to lose. I changed formation at half time, played the half of my life and won 4-3.

Since then I've lost one in 12 and scored four or more in ten of those games.

I find the whole thing mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

People who refuse to ready up unless they get to wear a certain jersey (eg. Reals white home kit, Uniteds home red kit etc.)

Like seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Is there lads cheating online? I beat some guy and he messaged me saying I was the best noob lag looser in the world. I don't know what he meant.

Inbox wrote: »
    Is there lads cheating online? I beat some guy and he messaged me saying I was the best noob lag looser in the world. I don't know what he meant.

He's just a cry baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

everything. players running into each other esp defenders, players not running forward when they should when you want to lay a pass on. irritates me big time oh and bloody timewasters defending a one goal lead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

the tackling mechanics are the biggest thing that have to be fixed for 13 imo, looks like they have tweaked it a bit but still 90% of standing tackles are won whether the ball is on the opposite side of the player in possession to the tackler or not, really infuriating when someone goes through you to get the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Playing in Division 4 of H2H must be the most infuriating thing ever. Everybody just gets into the corner of the box with Napoli or PSG holds R1 and curls it into the other corner, you know exactly what they are going to do but its just impossible to stop them. I don't get the joy of just going to the same spot and knowing you are going to score.

Also nothing better than playing ManU4lyfe and he plays as Borussia Dortmund.

• Advertisement

How hard can it be for them to let us save our default squads for online play?

When I play my friend he likes to go Barcelona, and I go Spain because they can match them, but I make loads of changes and I can't get it done in the 30 seconds at all...

And it's annoying if you need to make changes for your team before every single H2H match if you don't like the formation or starting XI. I don't see why the option isn't there.

Advertisement