Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Some of the AI defending is aweful. Players back tracking then as soon as I switch to one of them they stop dead for a moment and the striker is gone. All the while I'm holding the left analogue to move backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Some of the AI defending is aweful. Players back tracking then as soon as I switch to one of them they stop dead for a moment and the striker is gone. All the while I'm holding the left analogue to move backwards.

amount of goals ive coincided because of this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

BKC wrote: »
    How hard can it be for them to let us save our default squads for online play?

When I play my friend he likes to go Barcelona, and I go Spain because they can match them, but I make loads of changes and I can't get it done in the 30 seconds at all...

And it's annoying if you need to make changes for your team before every single H2H match if you don't like the formation or starting XI. I don't see why the option isn't there.

Yeah it is annoying. I'm picking South Korea at the moment and making the same changes before every game. The justiciation that I've seen is that it makes it more difficult for people to create and save 'cheat' formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

BKC wrote: »
    How hard can it be for them to let us save our default squads for online play?

How hard can it be? Well, not very, thankfully. Seems a bit crazy they didn't have it this year.

It's in for FIFA 13 though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Rooney10 wrote: »
    How hard can it be? Well, not very, thankfully. Seems a bit crazy they didn't have it this year.

It's in for FIFA 13 though.
    FINALLY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

As a Swansea player I absolutely f*cking HATE Anzhi. Seriously, about 13 of my last 15 games were against them. Every game is the same too, they hoof the ball up to Eto'o who is so imbalanced for that team level, and he dances around everyone and scores. The rest of the team (barring maybe 2 others) are quite bad though so its an easy team to score against but it is just so annoying to be playing these games with cricket scores all the time. Hopefully Swansea won't be in the same star level as them in 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

What is up with this game when your on a bad run every time i pass it seems to just hit a opposition player the whole time very annoying, Just after playing some fella there i was Swansea he was Austria he scored on the 70th min with his 1st and only shot of the game then i scored in the 86th min it finished 1-1 then he starts calling me lucky ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I was 2-0 up in division 1 and with a win I could have won my first ever league title in h2h. Disconnected so had a loss, but I had 4 games left. I think because I was really annoyed it affected my form and it deserted me. I lost, got a draw where I had to come from 3-0 down, lost again, then was drawing in the last game which would have given me the title, but I conceded a 90th minute header from a cross.

So gutted :(

And then I just played worse and got relegated to division 2... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

I hate it when i finally meet a woman player online and when i ask for their number or email or facebook they think im a creep!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ibG8u.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

have a few things that annoy me but the biggest is when someone plays a ball over the top and my defender is in front to meet it and you cant head the ball as too far from the keeper so when you go to control it he's too slow and there striker just catches up and gets the ball and is through 1 on 1. its really annoying

another is when pressing 0 to boot the ball from defence but your player goes to head it and makes a hash of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

also in this day and age the replays are a disgrace!!

i remember saving goals from pro evo and even the old fifa on playstation and they were good to look at and that was years ago

for xbox it takes time loading and buffering the goal and when you watch it its a small screen and its dark and barely viewable.. it really is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Playing in Division 4 H2H, good for me so don't laugh. Playing 3rd game haven't won either of the 1st 2 so need a win badly. Playing against Lyon (Surprise surprise as I play as Liverpool) the ball breaks and I score a quite lucky goal 3 mins in. He pauses and leaves the game and I get the connection error business. But I don't get the win or the loss, its like the game never happened. Very annoying as he just got away with it.

Yeah there's a five minute window in which you can quit before the game counts. It's there for kit-clashes and cases of bad lag but does get abused.

And Div 4 is good for me as well mate. I'm there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I was 2-0 up in division 1 and with a win I could have won my first ever league title in h2h. Disconnected so had a loss, but I had 4 games left. I think because I was really annoyed it affected my form and it deserted me. I lost, got a draw where I had to come from 3-0 down, lost again, then was drawing in the last game which would have given me the title, but I conceded a 90th minute header from a cross.

So gutted :(

And then I just played worse and got relegated to division 2... :mad:

Same here, I needed just 1 point from the last 2 games to win my 6th title. I went 1 - 0 up in the 1st game but then got disconnected so got a loss for that.

2nd game I conceded 3 goals in the opening 20 mins. I was desperate to somehow get the draw I needed so went Ulta Attacking but in the end I got hammered 6 - 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a five minute window in which you can quit before the game counts. It's there for kit-clashes and cases of bad lag but does get abused.

And Div 4 is good for me as well mate. I'm there at the moment.

I just can't seem to stay in the league, Daniel Agger scored an OG in my first game back in the league. Very depressing. But getting there. I have been promoted 7 times and relegated 1 so its just getting used to it at this stage.

Div 4 is as high as I've been. I'm in another relegation battle at the moment at that level.

I've been promoted about 14 and relegated 8, I think. Something like that. I always climb up to Div 4, have a good season, just miss out on promotion then get relegated a couple of seasons in a row. Always that pattern. It's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

madma wrote: »
    also in this day and age the replays are a disgrace!!

i remember saving goals from pro evo and even the old fifa on playstation and they were good to look at and that was years ago

for xbox it takes time loading and buffering the goal and when you watch it its a small screen and its dark and barely viewable.. it really is terrible
    Agree its such a laboured process for a ****ty 5 second video. Needs to be improved in 13

jamescd wrote: »
    Same here, I needed just 1 point from the last 2 games to win my 6th title. I went 1 - 0 up in the 1st game but then got disconnected so got a loss for that.

2nd game I conceded 3 goals in the opening 20 mins. I was desperate to somehow get the draw I needed so went Ulta Attacking but in the end I got hammered 6 - 1 :(

haha bad buzz.

I'm on a serious run at the minute.
    I won my two back to back before xmas.... then after saving relegation from back then in the 3rd season I won another two in a row a few weeks back.
    Gave up on UT last week so have returned to H2H and I've won 6 in a row since then meaning I'm at about 8 in a row now, only losing 4 of my last 60-70 games.
    The game that cost me my losing streak was sickening.
    I was 2-0 up, missed a penalty for 3-0..... he scored in the 80th, 84th and 86th minute(two crosses from McGeady of all people. Ended up having to win the last to get the 7th win.

Have had good starts in most winning 4 or 5 of my first 5 or 6 with only the odd draw thrown in. You can't really afford to get to the 5th game with anything less than 10 points.
    There really isn't much margin for error, you realistically need 6 wins and 2 draws, you'd be hard pressed winning it 5-5-0.

Enjoying playing with 4 star teams, not really coming across the same opponents and I rotate between all the leagues. Even my ventures into 4.5* have only yielded Napoli twice.

On the topic of things that piss you off.... I made a discovery yesterday that others pointed out before that may help.

When you play in stadiums like the San Siro the camera zooms in. It only happens at some stadiums. Anderleacht and Fiorentina being the others I've noticed.
    While playing as Anderlacht yesterday the camera angle was at a very low level giving the pitch a confusing look in relation to depth gauge.
    At HT i decided to try change the camera angle and noticed it altered from my custom camera and all I had to do was alter it back to my own one: Tele -Zoom (1) and height (10) in custom.

This returned it to my own view. So it seems the views from these grounds is set from kick off but can be readjusted to your own. :D

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Div 4 is as high as I've been. I'm in another relegation battle at the moment at that level.

I've been promoted about 14 and relegated 8, I think. Something like that. I always climb up to Div 4, have a good season, just miss out on promotion then get relegated a couple of seasons in a row. Always that pattern. It's annoying.

Whats are the points limits in D4?
    I rushed through them in Oct so I can only remember D1... which is 20 for the title and 14 to avoid relegation.

• Advertisement

10 to avoid relegation, 16 to get promoted same as the other leagues below the top one.

just tried out that russian team with eto in it and ended up playing the against the same team. whatever way he set up his i could not penetrate his defence, i tried everything nothing would work. he beat me 3 nil. eto hat trick and then writes to me calling a loser

I hate playing against Anzhi. Played against them four times in a row the other day. Even in the games I won, Eto'o scored at least two each time. He's just so overpowered at that level.

was stuck in devision 4 for over 6 sseasons, was fighting to stay up every time, was annoying but i finally got passed and back into devision 3. best ive managed in devision 2 :)

Anyone who plays as Anzhi is a massive, massive bellend.

I'm so angry right now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

In career mode when playing a team from another country in the Champions League, apparently they don't have any domestic fixtures as all of their players are fully rested, whereas yours have just played 3 games in a week! Unfair advantage straight away. It's boll*x!

Also when trying to play a one-two, the amount of times you get body-checked and nothing is given against the opposition is mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

What annoys me (and it may have been mentioned already) is the amount of times the ball hits the ref, mind boggling - you might see it two or three times across a full season in real life but not 10+ times in 40-odd games!

just broke another controller in a fit a fit of rage thanks to this game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Haha take a deep breath mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

i used to be the same. kicking the things/people around you works so much better :P Shouting down the microphone at the 15 year old at the other end helps too :pac: :pac:

Advertisement