Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭benagain

a really weak blatter pisses most ppl off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Detour wrote: »
    It could be a case that I'm just **** at defending them (pretty likely) so if anyone has any pointers let me know! Its very frustrating when you're dominating a game, just for your opponent to get a cheap goal from a corner.

If it is anywhere around the six-yard box, bring your keeper out. Don't bring your keeper out if it is too far away as he will be stuck in no-man's land. If you stop them from getting headers in those areas, you should rarely concede as it is difficult to concede from far-out headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

The Live Season.With the outage obviously I couldn't play it but when I went back to complete my season I got a message saying my Live Season has expired.Pretty crap that I can't complete my season

Scratch that,its eventually let me resume my Live Season.....happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

people who constantly pick Real Madrid or Barca and REFUSE to pick anyone else.

sick of playing against the same teams ALL the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That pisses me off too,I was playing against cardiff city the other night and it a breath of fresh air,mind you I wouldn't have won if it wasn't for his own goal in the 90th minute :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Quitters frustrate me so much that I do abuse them in messages post-quitting. Only fair that I can send them a "lol you are ****!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Hate the servers randomly disconnecting, i'm sure my wireless is partially to blame..but still..it's so frustrating, winning a match 3-0 for the 90 mins, 2 seconds later..ea servers bla bla bla...3-0 loss.

fock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Real Madrid, 5-4-1 (diamond midfield), hoping to hit on the counter. Boooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The way you get awarded points after an unranked game.

Just beat some lad 8-1 online there, I was Arsenal, he was Barca, but I only get 54 points?! :confused:

I'm not one that cares too much for the rankings, but...

I just beat some lad 2-0, me having 2700 ranking points, and him with 9200; so he was feckin' miles better than me in theory (I've played him several times before, never winning, so he was better than me in more than just theory!). Possession, number of shots etc, was pretty even. I ended up earning -8 points from the game. :confused:

[edit] both using 4* teams, so it wasn't like it was Barca vs. Bray or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Got a message after playing a club game the other night: "Munich 58 <3"

The thing I dislike most is the absolute scum that this game attracts.

Gamertag?

Töpher wrote: »
    I'm not one that cares too much for the rankings, but...

I just beat some lad 2-0, me having 2700 ranking points, and him with 9200; so he was feckin' miles better than me in theory (I've played him several times before, never winning, so he was better than me in more than just theory!). Possession, number of shots etc, was pretty even. I ended up earning -8 points from the game. :confused:

[edit] both using 4* teams, so it wasn't like it was Barca vs. Bray or something.

Conversely, I've just earned nearly 70 points for two draws against a bloke of similar level to the lad above.

I'm confused.

[further edit]
    Back to the original one, trawling through my player hub for some unknown reason I see why I lost points for beating a much better player than me 2-0, EA recorded it as a 3-0 loss. Boooo!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I only play Pro Club. Damn sick and tired of near every team having to resort to counter hoof, sorry.. high ball over the top counter with some little midget with a colored afro latching on. It's not just occasionally used, it's the fact it's practically spammed for the 90 mins. The midgets are very difficult to get off the ball too We very rarely lose as it is, but if it wasn't for this tactic we'd concede far less too.

That and goalkeepers. My god human goalkeepers are utterly ridiculous to play against.

I've probably complained about these two issues a couple of times but what but it's so sooooo tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

Repetitive commentry from Richard and Andy, for instance everytime I play with Chelsea I get told that "they once had a number 1 hit with Blue is the colour"

And you can't turn off the background music during a game cause if you do it turns it off for the rest of the game ie main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Some of the commentary nonsense they come out with is atrocious!

Some of the players ratings are totally wrong, its like they look at the club they play for or how certain media rate them and just give them a high rating.

Scott McBeanie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I think the amount of goals scored from corners is ridiculous. It seems like there's a direct goal from a corner in every second game.

It could be a case that I'm just **** at defending them (pretty likely) so if anyone has any pointers let me know! Its very frustrating when you're dominating a game, just for your opponent to get a cheap goal from a corner.

I agree, but I think I'm just **** at defending them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I dont like the traits.... It just makes players way too overpowered and all the players who deserve them don't have them.

A front two of Carrol and Drogba would be pretty much unstoppable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

JokerD wrote: »
    When your opposition want to pick your team for you i.e in the lobby and you pick a team and they leave instantly if they aren't happy with your choice.

Depends. If you're going to choose Real Madrid or Barcelona every time then I think it's fair enough for people to reject the match.

Not saying that that is what you are doing but I can't think of any other reasons for people to be unhappy with your team selection.
    I think the amount of goals scored from corners is ridiculous. It seems like there's a direct goal from a corner in every second game.

If the ball is aimed anywhere closer to the goal than the penalty spot just hammer triangle (or the XBox equivilent) to bring the keeper out. That stops most of them. But a third of goals in England are scored from set pieces and the bulk of those are corners so you're always going to concede some.

I play a huge amount of Clubs so most of my gripes centre around that.

People exploiting the game annoy me. I don't see what enjoyment people can take out of just playing a bunch of short players with afros exploiting the game engine by doing through balls across the box. Hopefully that exploit is removed in the new game.

When I search for a match in H2H I can choose to play teams around my level and/or against teams with low DNF%. I don't understand why those options aren't in Clubs. If people want to quit then fine, but my problem with it is that the players on my team lose their stats for the match. We battered some team with a much higher number of points than us last night in our last game, I got a hattrick in a 3-1 win but they quit in the 88th minute so whilst we get the points for the win I lost my goals.

As for H2H, my main problem is **** who choose the same two teams over and over again. there's hundreds of teams in the game at all levels so why pick Madrid or Barcelona every time and basically force the other player to pick from one of the small number of teams who can live with those sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm guilty of quitting out of lobbies before a game starts depending on who the othe person picks. Sick of playing Barca/Madrid/Chelsea over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

People who choose any in Pro Clubs :mad:

Whole point of Pro is to control 1 player!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I hate it when in a Pro ranked match people that pick centre back or full back go up top and play as a striker

IvySlayer wrote: »

This seems to be one where there are certainly two schools of thoughts. Someone sent our Club an abusive message the other week having a pop at us for having an ANY but 90% of sides we face have one and I don't really see a problem with it. We're not a club who ever play with only two players so we've usually got three or four of us at least controlling our own player with one person controlling the rest. Seems fair enough to me.

Otherwise if the opposition team have five or six players the side with fewer than that has a massive disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There is so much of this game that annoys me. The worst is when your defender barely touches the attacking player in the box and they get a penalty. I have lost games in the 90th minute to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

When you're winger is running down the flank with the ball and your centre forward decides to join him for a jog. GET IN THE F*CKING BOX!!!!!!!!

When you go to menu and exit out and the music is still playing, making you go to the menu again just to cancel it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

The fact that manual players are irrelevant and the huge amount of annoying bugs wont be fixed.

There is so much of this game that annoys me. The worst is when your defender barely touches the attacking player in the box and they get a penalty. I have lost games in the 90th minute to this.

Sounds quite realistic.
    NufcNavan wrote: »
    When you go to menu and exit out and the music is still playing, making you go to the menu again just to cancel it out.

Oh my God, this! That is extremely annoying, particularly in Clubs where you don't have the option of going to the menu so have to have the music on for the whole half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

F*ck EA and their servers.

On a 9 win streak on FIFA ranked. Have never won 10 ranked games in a row and it was the 3rd time Ive won 9 in a row. Decide to go on. Two minutes into the game, it lags and cuts out. Lost connection to EA Servers and it goes down as a loss for me...

F*ck that sh*t, so annoyed about it. Really needs to be sorted out for FIFA 12. Learn the f*cking difference between ragequitting and losing connection to your sh*tty servers. The latter should not go down as a loss.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    F*ck EA and their servers.

On a 9 win streak on FIFA ranked. Have never won 10 ranked games in a row and it was the 3rd time Ive won 9 in a row. Decide to go on. Two minutes into the game, it lags and cuts out. Lost connection to EA Servers and it goes down as a loss for me...

F*ck that sh*t, so annoyed about it. Really needs to be sorted out for FIFA 12. Learn the f*cking difference between ragequitting and losing connection to your sh*tty servers. The latter should not go down as a loss.

I had the EXACT same thing last night (other than going for five wins, not ten). I was livid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

IvySlayer wrote: »

?
    Hard fair though leaving a AI back 4 up against two 80+ pro forwards

Advertisement