Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

ConorCBS wrote: »
    jamescd wrote: »

You can still quit a game before the 5 minute mark without getting a loss. I don't mind tbh, it's useful when there's a clash of kits or there's a bit of lag.

I agree. There's no clashing kits this year though. :)

Happened to me three times in a row :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

jamescd wrote: »
    I've played almost 20 games of seasons at this stage and I haven't been matched up against Real or Barca, not even once :confused:

I've played Manchester United like 8 times now though

Wait till you move higher up the divisions it's ridicilous!! Playing a boy there i was dortmund he was madrid winning 2-0 at half time and he texts me calling me a lucker homo despite me having 12 shots to his 0 some silly people plays online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People who spam that chop skill move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

J. Marston wrote: »
    People who spam that chop skill move.

Ye and stop twist turn, twist turn, twist turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

I hate the fact when ever I am playing a seasons match and despite being clearly the better player and making the best chances I can't seem to get the ball in the net after say 10 shots but when it's the opponents turn to get there first or second shot they score it on you, and it's usually a ridiculous goal aswell which involves the ball bouncing off many players in the box to suddenly fall to one of there players for a nice open goal lol

who else knows this feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I agree. There's no clashing kits this year though. :)

Try playing as, or against, PSV in their away kit, ref is often in almost identical gear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I hate the wanker scorn FIFA "community".

3-1 up, the guy comes back, scores 2 decent goals to get it back to 3-3. He gets a poxy, poxy winner, and does the full "ssssh" celebration, watches all the replays. Then starts to pass the ball around at the back and sends me abuse after the match.

That is pretty much ticks every box of "how to be a twat" checklist when playing FIFA.

Just want a few normal games online without the BS.

When FIFA Street brought in automated celebrations I thought there might be some hope...but no. One guy on YouTube did a tutorial on the Balotelli Hulk celebration and said to sssh before doing it - THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE.

If FIFA wants to let you celebrate, it should be a straight run to corner flag and limited time. None of this zig zagging to half way line or in circles.

Would much prefer automated celebrations, one replay and get on with it. After match, you should be able to bypass highlights, etc without waiting for opponent. And THEN EA should have a decent replay system where you can watch back goals (someone said on a forum before that it should be like CoD and Theatre mode where you could watch back match - that would be great!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Iceboy wrote: »
    I hate the fact when ever I am playing a seasons match and despite being clearly the better player and making the best chances I can't seem to get the ball in the net after say 10 shots but when it's the opponents turn to get there first or second shot they score it on you, and it's usually a ridiculous goal aswell which involves the ball bouncing off many players in the box to suddenly fall to one of there players for a nice open goal lol

who else knows this feel?

Every football fan in the World?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Töpher wrote: »
    Try playing as, or against, PSV in their away kit, ref is often in almost identical gear. :pac:

Happened to me a few times with Man City's navy kit. Tried to release the referee on the counter a few times! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Getting club teams matched up against international teams online. Words can't describe how much this annoys me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Paully D wrote: »
    Getting club teams matched up against international teams online. Words can't describe how much this annoys me :mad:

You can fix that in the matchmaking settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You can fix that in the matchmaking settings.

Really? Great news! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Getting sick of playing against PSG in Seasons. About 10 of my 25 games so far have been against them, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    When FIFA Street brought in automated celebrations I thought there might be some hope...but no. One guy on YouTube did a tutorial on the Balotelli Hulk celebration and said to sssh before doing it - THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE.

If FIFA wants to let you celebrate, it should be a straight run to corner flag and limited time. None of this zig zagging to half way line or in circles.

Would much prefer automated celebrations, one replay and get on with it. After match, you should be able to bypass highlights, etc without waiting for opponent. And THEN EA should have a decent replay system where you can watch back goals (someone said on a forum before that it should be like CoD and Theatre mode where you could watch back match - that would be great!)

I agree with this 100%, but after each match there is a highlights tab beside game details where you can choose to watch all the goals. I was winning in ultimate team 3-0 the other day & the lad I was playing scored a jammy goal in the last minute & ran half way past the box shhhhing and then did the full robot & watched the replay 3 times. I always press L1 & R1 (Lb & Rb) together to bypass celebrations and will only watch goal replays at the end when it doesn't affect the other player (unless its spectacular). With all the match making options they could at least include a no celebration option, because as far as I can see the majority of people can't stand them.

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%, but after each match there is a highlights tab beside game details where you can choose to watch all the goals. I was winning in ultimate team 3-0 the other day & the lad I was playing scored a jammy goal in the last minute & ran half way past the box shhhhing and then did the full robot & watched the replay 3 times. I always press L1 & R1 (Lb & Rb) together to bypass celebrations and will only watch goal replays at the end when it doesn't affect the other player (unless its spectacular). With all the match making options they could at least include a no celebration option, because as far as I can see the majority of people can't stand them.

Highlights doesn't give as much as you need sometimes sadly. Scored one kickout with goalkeeper last year (only saved last couple of seconds) and actually got a skill run the other day, but again it missed a fair bit of it. Too limited.

Agree with everything else. People online......*sigh*

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭coillcam

Haven't played the game in a week but online seasons was cat in fairness. Freezing when I'd score a goal in 1/3rd of games. Being stuck in the arena before a game starts and having to dashboard it, then restart the game. Taking 5+ attempts to find and connect to an opponent for a game too.

Have any of the above issues been patched or resolved yet? My sub for XBL just ran out and I'm not going to bother renewing until they reduce or get rid of the issues in seasons and mentioned previously by other posters about career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Dunnie1982 wrote: »

Highlights doesn't give as much as you need sometimes sadly. Scored one kickout with goalkeeper last year (only saved last couple of seconds) and actually got a skill run the other day, but again it missed a fair bit of it. Too limited.

Agree with everything else. People online......*sigh*

Can the ball even reach the other box from a goal kick?

Can the ball even reach the other box from a goal kick?

Caught a corner and hoofed it upfield. It was snowing. Keeper miskicked at half way line and fell over...ball kept bouncing and keeper and defender fell into each other in box. One of those moments that happens once in a blue moon...when the wind is blowing from the east...and it's the third Sunday in the month.

All I can give you is this (skip to 00:43):

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

In FIFA 2002, I hate the fact that the officials would call offside when my player was clearly onside.

Also, for FIFA in general, I hate the ratings of players especially ratings for physical attributes such as speed, strength etc. They would mostly give better physical attributes to players in better league/teams even though in real life this isn't the case.

*keeper routinely catches ball under no pressure*

Martin Tyler: "Well the keeper has not has the best of games but that might be one of his best ever saves!"

I can't believe how bad the commentary in FIFA 13 is compared to previous years. It's genuinely annoying now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Refs clashing with kits ..... still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Beefy78 wrote: »
    *keeper routinely catches ball under no pressure*

Martin Tyler: "Well the keeper has not has the best of games but that might be one of his best ever saves!"

I can't believe how bad the commentary in FIFA 13 is compared to previous years. It's genuinely annoying now.

The other one that annoys me is if you need to win a game for promotion/stay up, but are losing 2-0.
    You score a goal to make it 2-1 and the commentary is always along the lines of "That's a disaster, they needed to win but they've gone behind".

mcgovern wrote: »
    The other one that annoys me is if you need to win a game for promotion/stay up, but are losing 2-0.
    You score a goal to make it 2-1 and the commentary is always along the lines of "That's a disaster, they needed to win but they've gone behind".

Well, I've seen those same cases but where you're 2-0 up and then conceed they still do that piece of commentary implying that you're now losing 2-1.

They seem to get these ideas about ways to improve things but the implementation is terrible. I'd have thought that anyone who had play tested even half a dozen games would have picked up on these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Offline mode,whenever you take the lead its like an onslaught from the opposing CPU team,more games then not I take the lead then conceed,my defence goes to shoite even if on Ultra Defensive,so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Gillington wrote: »
    Offline mode,whenever you take the lead its like an onslaught from the opposing CPU team,more games then not I take the lead then conceed,my defence goes to shoite even if on Ultra Defensive,so annoying

This might explain it.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RubberBandAI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

My career saves not loading and freezing my Playstation! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

It drives me mad when people watch all the intros to the game and highlights at half time and fulltime. PUSH THE ****ING BUTTON!!!

I usually leave it running until I've seen what formation the opposition is playing. It's all about getting your tactics right.

I did play one guy last week who let the intro run all of the way through. Just no need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    It drives me mad when people watch all the intros to the game and highlights at half time and fulltime. PUSH THE ****ING BUTTON!!!

:D + 1.

Advertisement