Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i can now add my glass table to list of things ive broken while been absolutely frustrated by this game :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The referees are messed up. Giving frees to my opponent when it's my player that gets flattened, also playing an advantage on every ****in foul regardless of how advantageous it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The referees are messed up. Giving frees to my opponent when it's my player that gets flattened, also playing an advantage on every ****in foul regardless of how advantageous it actually is.

I tap circle once to pull the CPU's shirt = foul and maybe even a yellow.

CPU tries to tear the shirt off my player all the way up the wing = play away.

Fifa logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Post patch, if you'd call it that, referees STILL clashing kits with teams aaaaargh.

Is it a team if monkeys working on this game it what???

Harsh on monkeys I know lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Post patch, if you'd call it that, referees STILL clashing kits with teams aaaaargh.

Is it a team if monkeys working on this game it what???

Harsh on monkeys I know lol

This is really pissing me off! I must have played 8 games on the trot vs a mixture of Arsenal, Liverpool, Athletico n Dortmund, all wearing their dark away jerseys .... what has the referee been wearing???????? BLACK I TELL THEE.

This is definitely worse post patch :( Jeez if I ever get the finger out and find the EA forums they be hearing me, otherwise I bore you lot lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

when someone plays with the black ball,
    impossible to see it, especially when it's dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Sometimes the commentators can be completely thick, I know the voice recordings are all strung together but come on, "That was a brilliant first touch there Alan, really made the goal" Yes, I'd say so saying as I scored a f*****g penalty. Also the refs have an annoying tendency to blow for half time or full time when you're halfway into their half. Linesmen mistakes on offside decisions would make the game a lot more realistic/annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

When you're through on goal/down the wing and one of your players runs across your path and hits off the ball and it's offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭mossie

Playing in seasons (division 9 , only learning) and coming up against

(a) Someone who is clearly from a much higher division or has someone else (better) playing instead. Had a game tonight where I was 6-0 down in 15 mins until my connection dropped. I've never even lost 6-0 before. Is it actually possible to be matched against someone from high divisions when you're in a low division?

or

(b) some pr*ck who thinks it's smart to play like an idiot for 75 mins and then tear you to shreds in the last 15. Had that twice tonight.

Know it can't be controlled but:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

In seasons online the ball is always invisible. This has happened all 3 times I have tried to play, on each occasion I was far better than the other player and would have won easily if I could see the ball. I PM'ed the other players and they could see the ball fine. This basically makes it impossible for me to play as to find out where the ball is I have to judge from the way the players are moving! FIFA 13 has been the worst out of all the FIFA's I've played for this type of thing.

Very annoying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

In seasons online the ball is always invisible. This has happened all 3 times I have tried to play, on each occasion I was far better than the other player and would have won easily if I could see the ball. I PM'ed the other players and they could see the ball fine. This basically makes it impossible for me to play as to find out where the ball is I have to judge from the way the players are moving! FIFA 13 has been the worst out of all the FIFA's I've played for this type of thing.

Very annoying...

If you leave the game before the 5 minute mark it doesn't count as a loss so there is usually time to do this after you realise the ball is invisible. No point in playing with a handicap.

If it keeps happening I think changing the ball from the default one in the menus somewhere fixes it, but I never had to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

mossie wrote: »
    Playing in seasons (division 9 , only learning) and coming up against

(a) Someone who is clearly from a much higher division or has someone else (better) playing instead. Had a game tonight where I was 6-0 down in 15 mins until my connection dropped. I've never even lost 6-0 before. Is it actually possible to be matched against someone from high divisions when you're in a low division?

Know it can't be controlled but:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I would imagine you are playing someone who is currently in division 9, but they are a higher division standard. As in, they have only recently started playing seasons so are in division 9, but they will end up getting to a high division.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Why all my "big" matches in my career seem to be in rain or snow :(

It doesn't seem to affect my opponent, but my players turn to shriveling wrecks!

Could be a mental thing for me at this stage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It doesn't seem to affect my opponent, but my players turn to shriveling wrecks!

Count yourself lucky you can play career mode

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky you can play career mode

Got by the first season, in March my second season now.

Is it a big problem? is there still a chance mine will fcuk up?

I always take a quick look at the weather before going into the match, if it's rainy or snowy then I change it to clear or overcast. Playing in rain or snow is just a pain in the ass in FIFA. I suppose it's trying to be realistic but it's just annoying.

J. Marston wrote: »

I always take a quick look at the weather before going into the match, if it's rainy or snowy then I change it to clear or overcast. Playing in rain or snow is just a pain in the ass in FIFA. I suppose it's trying to be realistic but it's just annoying.

I didn't even know you could change it to be honest, will be doing that in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What pisses me off most about this game is me being **** at it.

I seem to conceed every game in the first five minutes and again in stoppage time. It's like I switch off completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What pisses me off most about this game is me being **** at it.

I seem to conceed every game in the first five minutes and again in stoppage time. It's like I switch off completely.

I often concede just before half time, I dont know why but its a frequent occurence.

Really hate people playing with a black ball, doesnt matter what the weather, time of day or stadium, I just cant see it. Impossible to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

The goalkeepers are shockingly bad in this. They dont tend to catch the ball very much when saving it. Its always a parry into a dangerous position which usually leads to a goal. The mechanics of the game after a long goal kick wrecks my head aswell. Gk kicks it out. If your ST or RM/LM loses the header. The 2 CBs open up like a scaldy brazzer!! Leaving a straight path for any ST to get a shot on goal. Short goal kicks out are the order of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

eioneill wrote: »
    The goalkeepers are shockingly bad in this. They dont tend to catch the ball very much when saving it. Its always a parry into a dangerous position which usually leads to a goal. The mechanics of the game after a long goal kick wrecks my head aswell. Gk kicks it out. If your ST or RM/LM loses the header. The 2 CBs open up like a scaldy brazzer!! Leaving a straight path for any ST to get a shot on goal. Short goal kicks out are the order of the day!

The goal kick thing is a major irritant of mine.

eioneill wrote: »

Ya I mentioned this in the UT thread(which I've only found in UT so only posted it there).
    I only really find this a problem when the game feels balanced in my opponents favour as even after a miss they're getting the ball right back.

This has been a problem for a few years now, even if you win the header you have nobody to aim it at.

They keep adding stupid things each year that you think will make the game even more skill based(and never materialises to the lengths it hints) yet fail to fix any of these ever present problems.

Another is a free kick from a non shooting position, or too far out of your half that you can't long kick it to a winger/wing back.
    It's impossible to aim/power with the camera view and then winning the ball is another challenge.
    No advantage to having a free kick which defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Yeah the keepers are terrible. I've never known the keepers to palm balls into bad areas like in this fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Trampas

running into your player and it is called offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nursejane

The first touch errors do my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Having gotten Preston North End to the champions of England and on course for a 2nd time while having won the Europa League and then being in the semi-final of the Champions League with Jon Parkin still banging in the goals. Then a league match against Villa and it freezes in the "warm-up".

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alaskas_friend

Definitely the time wasters, it's like 80m game time and some asshole is standing by the line in his half and there is literally no way to get the ball back without knocking it out for his throw in...which he can do the same thing again. Sometimes you're lucky to snatch it off him or capitalise on a passing mistake, but it's way too easy to hold the ball. Wish EA would fix this.

I mean god how crazy can you be about incrementing bytes on your console just to make a different number appear on your screen..some people.

But what I always do with these people is go all out, win the game, and then when I've just salvaged the winning goal in the last 5m or whatever, I will just pass the ball in my own half so they can see how annoying it is to not have a fair chance to play with so little time left...and then I let them chase it like dogs haha. Very funny.

I actually believe psychology has a massive impact on some games, sometimes the blood pressure works in your favour and other times just sends you into a pit of anger. If I don't like someone's attitude on the pitch and I score first (e.g. they do one of the things I just mentioned..I will make them watch all the replays to counter play them...these people are obviously butt hurt from losing their last game or so things, and want to vent out the frustration by pissing someone else off, so you can capitalise on their fragile minds hehe...great game of minds.

Definitely the time wasters, it's like 80m game time and some asshole is standing by the line in his half and there is literally no way to get the ball back without knocking it out for his throw in...which he can do the same thing again. Sometimes you're lucky to snatch it off him or capitalise on a passing mistake, but it's way too easy to hold the ball. Wish EA would fix this.

I mean god how crazy can you be about incrementing bytes on your console just to make a different number appear on your screen..some people.

But what I always do with these people is go all out, win the game, and then when I've just salvaged the winning goal in the last 5m or whatever, I will just pass the ball in my own half so they can see how annoying it is to not have a fair chance to play with so little time left...and then I let them chase it like dogs haha. Very funny.

I actually believe psychology has a massive impact on some games, sometimes the blood pressure works in your favour and other times just sends you into a pit of anger. If I don't like someone's attitude on the pitch and I score first (e.g. they do one of the things I just mentioned..I will make them watch all the replays to counter play them...these people are obviously butt hurt from losing their last game or so things, and want to vent out the frustration by pissing someone else off, so you can capitalise on their fragile minds hehe...great game of minds.

Fifa isn't a game of minds, it's a game of cúnts. In which you slowly but surely get dragged into.

Ksi puts it well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alaskas_friend

True, but to be fair to myself I always play like a real gentleman to those who don't muck around, the bullies are the people who go for the piss take right from the kick off. I still think there's a difference between being a complete dick and counter playing mind games, but the video was superb :)

• Advertisement

Rage quitters that quit when they realise that they've no chance of winning the game. Especially bad when it's a Boardie *cough, cough* Miralize *cough*

Poor show

Advertisement