Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Is anyone suffering lag lately ? Like really bad ...

My connections fine , ping everything but when I play recently its just not responsive. When a player takes a touch even from tip off the ball kind of spits out from their feet.

I'm losing games because of it, tbh its actually becoming unplayable.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liamalone wrote: »
    Rage quitters that quit when they realise that they've no chance of winning the game. Especially bad when it's a Boardie *cough, cough* Miralize *cough*

Poor show

Lol. Everyone here comes across well but having played against Boardsies before, some of them not realising and other times through the Boards tournament, a lot of their play is typical of the average FIFA player. That despite comments here making you think otherwise :D Be it rage quitting, watching replays, celebrating for ages or simply playing ultra defensive and spamming L1 + triangle more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I cannot defend against headers in this game.

I'm playing as Swansea in Division 3 and I'd say 80% of the goals I concede are headed goals from either set pieces or random crosses!

It's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,622 ✭✭✭Trampas

player twists his knee but plays on like nothing has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

O what a hateful fecking game this is :(

Sitting on 19pts with two games left, need 21pts to win division so think happy days there's a cushion there as I only need a win or 2 draws for div title......

...... get beat in 2nd last match and after match it goes ''Confeckinggrats .... promotion to div 1'' ....... wtf, I still had a game left and only needed 2pts you twatting game!

This happened to me before but way down the divisions, annoyed then, even more so now lol aaaarghh

anyone got a link for complaints???? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Ok, this game just went down in my opinion. I know the refs are stupid, especially for the last few fifa's, but I just had a pen against me when literally nothing happened, no tackle was made, no one fell over, their player dribbled past my player and a pen was given. WTF? luckily I won 3-1 in the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Some weird stuff happening in clubs lately. Jedi powers or something, but had an open goal from the right (Keeper was down at the far post), I took the shot, the keeper dived and saved it but the ball didnt even touch the keeper. The ball literally hit fresh air and went wide. Then in another game I made a slide tackle, missed the player completely and got sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭mossie

Bloody stupid keepers! Playing as Arsenal v Barcelona weak cross in from left, passed in front of my keepers face as he stands and watches it pass, never raises a hand and it's headed in at the far post. It's either this piss poor keeping or impossible saves, in another game had the opposition keeper make 5 or 6 saves in the space of about 3 seconds all on opposite sides from the previous.

Ok, this game just went down in my opinion. I know the refs are stupid, especially for the last few fifa's, but I just had a pen against me when literally nothing happened, no tackle was made, no one fell over, their player dribbled past my player and a pen was given. WTF? luckily I won 3-1 in the end.

Had this too, no tackle, no contact - pen given.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

2 games left and 2 points needed to win div 1..
    played against some arsehole who spammed over the top balls for the entire 90 mins and lost...not so bad I thought thinking I still had a match left...joined in and on the 3rd minute eircom decided to go down on me...bunch of frakking **** :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Is it really bad form to play defensively?

I like Stoke, I like the physical style, last ditch tackles, crosses and bullet headers and well worked set pieces. I like to play as them online.

I think I'm well within my rights to play such a style especially when the other guy picks a team like Juve, Utd, Barca, Real etc.

Sure I can understand how it can be frustrating to be defended against very well and lose 1 nil via a Crouch header from a deep cross or a corner, but tough sh!t.

Doesnt warrant the amount of abuse I get via messages.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

It depends. If you have a similar skill team but play a custom 5 4 1 formation against someone, nothing quite says "I lack ability at this game, look what I have to do just to compete" like that.

You can still play a "defensive" game using normal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Connection perfect all night, into the cup final, drawing 1-1, BOOM servers disconnected. :mad:

Started a management career, win my first 5 games, sacked for repeated agressive behaviour - WTF????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

mossie wrote: »
    Started a management career, win my first 5 games, sacked for repeated agressive behaviour - WTF????
    lol do you have playstation move or whatever plugged in?

I bet you were cursing!

GRMA wrote: »

I bet you were cursing!

I have a kinect and I was probably using some "inappropriate" language:o

Didn't realise it would pick that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

GRMA wrote: »
    Is it really bad form to play defensively?

I like Stoke, I like the physical style, last ditch tackles, crosses and bullet headers and well worked set pieces. I like to play as them online.

I think I'm well within my rights to play such a style especially when the other guy picks a team like Juve, Utd, Barca, Real etc.

Sure I can understand how it can be frustrating to be defended against very well and lose 1 nil via a Crouch header from a deep cross or a corner, but tough sh!t.

Doesnt warrant the amount of abuse I get via messages.

Any opinions?

Nothing wrong with it mate. Play how you want to play. You're not exploiting the engine you're just making yourself hard to beat - exactly as the likes of Stoke do in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I've played my last game in UT online seasons!

I needed 1 point for promotion to div 1 from my last game (been in div 2 for 3 seasons) - it's 1-1 in the 90th minute and I have the opponent on the back foot pushing for the winner even though I don't need it. Disconnected from EA servers. I think to myself that's OK, still got my point, but no, they award the win to the other guy and I have to start all over again.

That's it, I quit. Stupid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i hate when you are awarded a throw, and the player takes it quickly only to throw it out for a corner or a throw to the opposition,

not sure if this is because it is picking up the direction you are pressing of the player you were controlling when the ball went out?

it's extremely annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Forgot that I had re-enabled text messages from users not on my friends list, since I've been playing other games that don't have wanker-scorn communities.

Third game back into Ultimate team, I go 4-1 up in the last minute, the guy passes the ball back to his keeper. I just drop the pad as he can't win from here (and I don't feel like chasing the ball around like a f*cking retard), I come back 10 mins later and he is still doing kick ups with his keeper.

For some reason the ref blew the whistle randomly then despite me not touching the pad and him not really moving.... I then get a message saying "You play like a gay"......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Rooney10 wrote: »
    .... I then get a message saying "You play like a gay"......

The other day I played a lad who was all skill, kept stopping a doing about 20 step-overs at a time. Obviously I'm not going to dive in so I hold the contain button while he prances around the place for about 2-3 mins and doesn't get past me. I get a message then saying: "Stop holding a you stupid wánker".

Some people....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

One fella raged at me a few mins ago after I scored in the final minutes of the games, he went ballistic and was swearing through the mic like a house of fire. Apparently hes going to find me and kill me because Im black, if only he knew I am white. Quite harsh though on his part and Ive since reported him. No need for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

Had a few funny people raging at me this morning, one guy sent me a message cursing me because he brought his keeper out to the half way line and Igot a goal from it, he went on to call me "un-educated" and told me my "team is fake",

Just disabled the messages from people not on my friends list, so I won't be seeing any more drivel. Pretty poor that it's necessary to do that. Wonder what it'd be like if I watched replays and celebrated goals?

Ultimate team in particular seems to attract the idiots, it's not so much of a problem on the normal Seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheGunns wrote: »
    One fella raged at me a few mins ago after I scored in the final minutes of the games, he went ballistic and was swearing through the mic like a house of fire. Apparently hes going to find me and kill me because Im black, if only he knew I am white. Quite harsh though on his part and Ive since reported him. No need for it at all.

I've been called a black so and so and the N word a few times and I'm white. It's weird.
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    Just disabled the messages from people not on my friends list, so I won't be seeing any more drivel. Pretty poor that it's necessary to do that. Wonder what it'd be like if I watched replays and celebrated goals?

Ultimate team in particular seems to attract the idiots, it's not so much of a problem on the normal Seasons.

It's probably because people built their teams and they feel their pride is dented when you beat them.

So their natural reaction is to call you ''gay.''

Played four games tonight. Won three, lost one (God damn you Casillas and your 10 match rating!).

The only game that completed the full 90 mins was the one where I lost....

And Ultimate team is down as I started back into it yesterday..... the stability of FUT this year has been absolutely woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I could list quite a few things I don't like about FIFA, but two quick ones which keep me preferring PES this year.

Foul calling - almost all refs are very lenient. Like you can't get a free kick without a doctor's note. Except for the innocuous tackles that interrupt skill moves. Same tackle, same foul, different result. Nice.

Goalkick distribution. I've always wanted more options that hoof the ball to the centre circle for a 50:50 attempt to win the ball in the air, or trickle out a contested short ball which could lead to a goal. But depending on your formation judging the point on the power bar so you don't lose possession from what is an indirect free kick of sorts is hit and miss. PES thought of the solution for this - pick the player you want to pass to, move him to where you want him to receive the pass, press the button. Automatic lofted pass, letting you keep the ball, giving you a choice of 6 players to pass to, no real advantage other than possession.

Such minor things bug the hell out of me - because they're there every damn game.

Originally Posted by mossie

I bet you were cursing!

I have stayed absolutely silent through my last 3 games (new career) and have received the same warning twice - aggressive or unacceptable behaviour. Pretty annoying as I'm heading for the sack again if I keep getting these:mad:

edit: Isee there is another thread about this so posting there, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

I hate how L1 is used to both switch players and make lob shots, don't know how many times I've made a super cross/pass only to have my player make a pathetic un-intended lob towards goal.

Also that in some cases no matter how much you press L1 the game just won't let you select a certain player on the field!?
    I notice this especially on corners/frees.

(I play with manual player switch as the auto switch is terrible.....)

And my game keeps freezing on occasion when i pause game play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

dorkacle wrote: »
    Also that in some cases no matter how much you press L1 the game just won't let you select a certain player on the field!?
    I notice this especially on corners/frees.

FIFA lets you pick the off ball player using the right stick doesn't it? Might do what you want it to.

Advertisement