Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,622 ✭✭✭Trampas

Getting no xp or coins due to ea server down after completing a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Right so playing Ultimate Team today. Fairly even game, I score in the 86th minute and I think "brilliant, 3 points on the way, at the very worst 1 point guaranteed" but then straight from kick off he scores one of those perplexing, run the pitch, cross the ball and even if it is Giovinco in the box he will still win the header against Pepe and score. Ok now it's 1-1, I'll take it, it's a fair result. Only, oh no, here he comes again, there's apparently no stopping him as his player literally walks through my Mascherano and scores, needless to say I am soon headbutting my controller aggressively. In short, I absolutely hate how goals are so commonplace in the 45th and 90th minutes, I hate scripting!

I also hate defending corner kicks. Has something happened lately that has stopped autoswitching during corners, without exaggeration I conceded 5 goals yesterday from corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Can someone help me. When I play offline player career in some games im at 8.5 plus rating up to 70th minute.

Then i start losing points for unknown reasons. There must be a change of tactics?

Even if i dribble up the wing i lose points. I dont get it. Some games it happens some it doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I agree with the goals in the 45th minute thing, what's up with goals always being scored then? It could be me or my opponent but it's so commonplace.

Also, the defender can just hoof the ball upfield from anywhere and under all sorts of pressure but still manage to land it at his attackers feet. It's just bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

People playing as Real Madrid, using either 5 defenders or 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders, then hitting you on the counter attack when you've inevitably moved all your players forward because you can't break their defense otherwise, they then hoof the the ball to Ronaldo who sprints down the wing and can't be touched, crosses it into the box to be finished by Benzema. This is their only game plan!
    These sorts annoy me and I get them 90% of the time.

I like to play creatively and through the middle, even if I don't win, I can be happy that I tried to actually play football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Found this video on scripting, I can relate.

By the way, does anyone have any tips on defending corners?

Found this video on scripting, I can relate.

Yeah. Smash the circle button and hope for the best.

Also, bringing out your keeper is usually a reliable tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also, bringing out your keeper is usually a reliable tactic.

Do you think? It was in the last couple of games but I find that bringing the keeper off of his line on corners in this one (unless the ball is aimed squarely inside the six yard box) is a recipe for disaster in FIFA 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

...By the way, does anyone have any tips on defending corners?

You could try holding R2&L2 and moving your player in front of the attacker, there's barely any time to do this by the time you see where the ball is headed, but you could try it. I find it very useful when I'm taking a corner to get in front of the defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'm sick of dominating games and not putting my shots away. Any tips for scoring? I usually need about 10/12 shots to score 1/2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Twat them. The laces shot seems to be the key in this version of the game.

I'm still using finesse too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Does anyone else get games where they seem to win about 1 in 10 headers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I usually try to take control of my strongest centre half in the air and either position on the oppositions strongest player or half roam the middle of the in area where I can get to most balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 .Lee.

In Season's mode, where if I score in the first 5 minutes, or something like that, most of my opponents will end up quitting the match. And it doesn't count as a win. Remember having a session on it the other day, scored early in 3 different matches, and all of them ended up quitting. I'm at the point now where I try not to score early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Why do I even bother anymore? If only I didn't love the game so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cdog33

For me its the fact that good national teams like Croatia and Serbia aren't in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

LMAO are u serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Close control bull**** that everyone seems to play online now.

Shove your close control up your hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

.Lee. wrote: »
    In Season's mode, where if I score in the first 5 minutes, or something like that, most of my opponents will end up quitting the match. And it doesn't count as a win. Remember having a session on it the other day, scored early in 3 different matches, and all of them ended up quitting. I'm at the point now where I try not to score early.

That does my head in!! It's happened to me a few times, I'd rather make a come back then quit and wait for another game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

one thing that quite annoys me is when your corner is cleared and dropping about 30 yards from goal. Your midfielder who is running towards the box but is a few yards above or below the ball will continue running towards the box instead of changing his run to go to the ball. Infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If you score within the first 5 minutes you should get win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

things i hate the most are:

In seasons, PSG, PSG, PSG, PSG, PSG, CHELSEA, PSG, PSG......... is all i seem to play against.

People who watch replay's of every crappy goal etc. and drag out a celebration.

People who only play by going down the wing and crossing the ball in the box looking to score from a header every play throughout a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I want to take a finesse free kick.

No no I don't want a 2nd free kick taker.

AdamD wrote: »
    I want to take a finesse free kick.

No no I don't want a 2nd free kick taker.

Do you need to hold a different button for finesse frees? I usually just hold circle and curl it.

Anyway, someone hits a penalty down the middle, you let your keeper stand there, he'll save it yeah? No, it'll fly in over his head and he'll land on his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

If you're going to let the keeper stand there, aim to dive up rather than left or right, then he'll stop kicks that are aimed above his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I wish they'd take the celebrations out of the game. I also hate playing against people who only use the 1-2 button to pass the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I wish there were more manual players. Struggling to get games now in division 6 so have resorted to playing against assisted players :(

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I wish there were more manual players. Struggling to get games now in division 6 so have resorted to playing against assisted players :(

How long have you been playing manual for? Ive wanted to try it but dont have the patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Nemanja91 wrote: »

How long have you been playing manual for? Ive wanted to try it but dont have the patience!
    Had exactly the same opinion until I tried it in back end of fifa 10 afaik, it totally changed my impression of fifa as was getting bored of the predictable nature of it. The main factor in its favour is your in complete control. You won't really understand what I mean until ya play few games with it. But bear with it!

If yer on PSN, Haunis87 is my username. Would be well up for a few games.

Check out flourescentFIFA channel on YouTube too. Doing a great effort promoting it in his series.

• Advertisement

I'll have to give it a go in unranked matches and see how it is, getting bored off fifa since I'm now in division 1 and nothing else to do. I'm on xbox though so can't play ya.

Advertisement