Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I'll have to give it a go in unranked matches and see how it is, getting bored off fifa since I'm now in division 1 and nothing else to do. I'm on xbox though so can't play ya.
    Messing around practice mode, offline games is good too as AI in world class especially can be quite difficult. But if yav made division 1, your a fairly good fifa player so transition shouldn't be too difficult even if ya might have picked up some bad habits in default controls :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I played some games online there. I found the passing alright, but trying to get the correct power on through balls and the finishing is what I find tough. I even had a better pass accuracy than some of my opponents playing on assisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

my keeper handled the ball outside the box today, first time iv witnessed it. Anyway my moan is the connection and lag playing online is terrible, always has been in fifa why dont they just match you locally... idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My latest rant is also about lag. I rarely get it at all but when I do play someone with a ****e connection I feel like I'm at a massive disadvantage because the other person is used to it. I end up screaming at the TV "get a decent internet connection you gigantic wanker" as they score yet another goal against me.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My latest rant is also about lag. I rarely get it at all but when I do play someone with a ****e connection I feel like I'm at a massive disadvantage because the other person is used to it. I end up screaming at the TV "get a decent internet connection you gigantic wanker" as they score yet another goal against me.

:(

And that is the reason you can quit before the 5th minute.

• Advertisement

ConorCBS wrote: »
    And that is the reason you can quit before the 5th minute.

Yeah I know but it didn't seem so bad in those first few minutes.

It doesn't need to be particularly bad for my game to go to pot. I'm alright normally but any lag or any rain and it's game over. I'm a flat-track bully :(

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

What's up with not getting the win when someone quits? I've had this a few times over the weekend. Really frustrating that they can get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

What's up with not getting the win when someone quits? I've had this a few times over the weekend. Really frustrating that they can get away with that.

First 5 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Just a thing I noticed, could be on my own here. But it seems when I play a team (Madrid, United, Chelsea, Barcelona or whoever 4 - 5 *) Different games they seem to be overpowered and some they aren't.

One I noticed today, played United and lost 4-3 due to goals from superhuman strength by Young, Carrick and Rooney. Had Young outrun the whole mid field and defense, (sending Lescott AND Kompany about 5 feet and knocking them down) similar with Rooney, able to bust through multiple tackles from all players and never losing the ball or by the time my player got up he was half the pitch away! The shots were nearly unstoppable and 2 went through Hartes hands.

I then played United in the next match and won that 6-1, players were normal and reacted to challenges like mine and actually ran out of stamina, not overpowered.

Same thing with Madrid, Chelsea, even Wigan and for the love of god Rohdale were throwing my players around like ragdolls!!

Is there something they can do to "boost" their players or am I just thinking this is happening, for me the fact that Young knocked Kompany and Lescott over had me fairly pissed off.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

100% aggression and 100% pressure and they do it for whole game and does not affect stamina one bit.

Played a guy this evening and never seen a player like it.

I basically had no time on ball at all. He basically had 4 players running sprinting at me from all angles. Even when I made cross field ball he still had players running straight for me. Only lost 4-2, but never had I hated a FIFA game so much.

I rather be beat 8-0 by player with good skill and bit of play.

I dont mind people using the aggressive and pressure tactic, but there needs to be consequences when playing for entire game. Like basically players should be literally dead after 70 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

ConorCBS wrote: »
    First 5 minutes?

Nope, 81 minutes was the last one. 2 - 0 up :( has happened about 10 times so far.

EDIT: Happened again just now, went 3 - 1 up in the 79th minute. Match doesn't exist when I get back to the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

100% aggression and 100% pressure and they do it for whole game and does not affect stamina one bit.

Played a guy this evening and never seen a player like it.

I basically had no time on ball at all. He basically had 4 players running sprinting at me from all angles. Even when I made cross field ball he still had players running straight for me. Only lost 4-2, but never had I hated a FIFA game so much.

I rather be beat 8-0 by player with good skill and bit of play.

I dont mind people using the aggressive and pressure tactic, but there needs to be consequences when playing for entire game. Like basically players should be literally dead after 70 minutes.

So that's what they're doing? Dirty bastads!! Yeah I would like to see some form of consequence for doing it, higher injuries, actually using stamina and decreasing like normal. (I've often gone down to the lowest in the stamina bar but they are either 3/4 or nearly full) I'm the same I would rather get schooled by a good player or have a close game that comes from skill, good passing and movement but sprinting 100% of the time and charging through players to get goals that wouldn't even be possible in some kind of robot football!! It's a joke, I end up just playing Black Ops instead ha.

So that's what they're doing? Dirty bastads!! Yeah I would like to see some form of consequence for doing it, higher injuries, actually using stamina and decreasing like normal. (I've often gone down to the lowest in the stamina bar but they are either 3/4 or nearly full) I'm the same I would rather get schooled by a good player or have a close game that comes from skill, good passing and movement but sprinting 100% of the time and charging through players to get goals that wouldn't even be possible in some kind of robot football!! It's a joke, I end up just playing Black Ops instead ha.

Ya although when I do it is usually is only 2 players maybe chancing down the ball and not 4 or 5 sprinting like some. Maybe there is 2 or 3 players playing against me at once not sure.

I dont use 100% pressure in fact I use 1-10(just my style anyway). I do use about 70-80 aggression now though. I find its actually more like a pressure tactic then the Pressure tactic itself.

I play Manual Through balls and semi assist Crossing and rest is Assisted Controls although playing full manual, bar semi assisted crossing offline.

Only play about 10 games a week anyway.

My Fav Custom tactic at the moment is

Build up play
    Speed: 70
    Passing: 60
    Positioning: Free Form

Chance creation
    Passing: 70
    Crossing: 75
    Shooting: 70
    Positioning: Free form

Defence
    Pressure: 1
    Aggression: 70
    Team width: 50
    Defender line: Cover

Players tend to make much better runs for through balls with this formation. This is more for counter attack then Possession. Although I play about 10 different ways as I like to vary it, but find this Custom Tactic the best for me.

I had no idea you could even set up tactics like that. I use pressing as an in-game tactic unless I'm winning (in which case I may switch to counter-attack). I guess I've kind of hit a glass ceiling in terms of how high up I can go in Seasons without bothering to find out more about the game engine. I don't use any skills, I've read about people using controlled dribbling but I don't know what that is, I haven't practiced set pieces. I just pick up and play.

I had no idea you could even set up tactics like that. I use pressing as an in-game tactic unless I'm winning (in which case I may switch to counter-attack). I guess I've kind of hit a glass ceiling in terms of how high up I can go in Seasons without bothering to find out more about the game engine. I don't use any skills, I've read about people using controlled dribbling but I don't know what that is, I haven't practiced set pieces. I just pick up and play.

Yes you can go into Customise on main screen and then edit teams you can then go into any team management and set up tactics for them. But those tactics can work for any team not just the one you save for.

The only downside is you cant call them a name only appear as "Custom Tactic 1" "Custom Tactic 2" etc. You can also edit formations and work rates sure plenty videos on Youtube.

I normally start off in default formation and tactics, but if im playing a slide tackle, aggressive or good player then I will change to suit.

Thanks. That completely explains how some people are able to close me down so effectively all game. I hate playing those guys.

Thanks. That completely explains how some people are able to close me down so effectively all game. I hate playing those guys.

I know some guys basically just beat me by sliding and pushing me off ball. No good cross no lovely through ball no rocket from 30 yards. It's like playing rugby with some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

They fixed the AI defenders tracking the runs .....they just can't defend crosses now

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

People online who use a black football, can not see it when it is in players shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

I HATE online players who can ONLY score with that goal!!! Where they run into the box and pass the ball across the six yard box for a tap in!!!!!

Try a nice passing move or a long range volley or free kick!!

Also players who waste time from the 50th minute by passing keeper defender keeper then hoof to corner flag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Winning 3-0 against Real Madrid in the EA Shield cup final and get a sync loss in the 80th minute :(

Go for it again and get the same player, dominate for most of the game but he wins with a goal in the 86th minute. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Every single online game handles different , matchmaking is terrible puts you against people all over the world.

Possibly the worst online connectivity of any game on Xbox, it's either glitchy or button lag. This game is consistantly put out every year with bugs , it handles terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Referees need to stricter on last man shirt pulling. Clear through on goal and the last defender tears the shirt off your striker but only a foul is given, not even a yellow.

It's bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

They need to wake up and ban custom formations online. The only reason to use them is it exploit the broken game mechanics. There are plenty of conventional formations available. I doubt I'll buy fifa again until it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Make the referee transparent/hollow. The amount of times where the ball hits him or he blocks my players is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

online matches in the rain

I think rain only helps the weaker player.

The passing game becomes bit of lottery.

I notice I don't win as many games against players I am better against in the rain then on normal surface. Same can be said in vice versa situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It seems to be weighted far too heavy in terms of % of games played in the rain, particularly in England and Ireland. I'd say most games are played in the rain. Also the effects games in the rain have are ridiculous. Pitches in Ireland and England can generally handle rain well. Bad pitches can't. So while good stadia in Ireland and England can handle rain, in Fifa they can't. Passing becomes sloppy, shooting and dribbling become weird too. Definitely needs an improving!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

What I can't understand with the rain is how it actually slows down your players physically.

• Advertisement

I see snow is back. Ffs

Advertisement